• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

English managers haven’t been given the chance
You need the right team and the right investment
Unless you luck out like Leicester

I dont see any English (/British) managers I think would do a better job.

Howe is the obvious top candidate, but he isnt up to it.

That’s a bit of a double edged question though, I made this point after Leicester and before Colchester when I was still behind him and I’ll double down on my opinion now, the old Poch there is not a British manager who can come close, and there are only handful anywhere in the world, it just so happens one of them is available and if today’s papers are too be believed was at the game Tuesday, Max Allegri, now the current stubborn stroppy teenager we have it’s not difficult to get someone to do a better job, hell Brenton would be a step up and the fact I really believe that scares me to death.

And regardless of all that the best manager this club could hope to appoint?

It’s this bloke some might have heard of him Mauricio Pochettino mk1.

That’s a bit of a double edged question though, I made this point after Leicester and before Colchester when I was still behind him and I’ll double down on my opinion now, the old Poch there is not a British manager who can come close, and there are only handful anywhere in the world, it just so happens one of them is available and if today’s papers are too be believed was at the game Tuesday, Max Allegri, now the current stubborn stroppy teenager we have it’s not difficult to get someone to do a better job, hell Brenton would be a step up and the fact I really believe that scares me to death.

And regardless of all that the best manager this club could hope to appoint?

It’s this bloke some might have heard of him Mauricio Pochettino mk1.

Its not really a double edged question. Of course any mediocre manager would improve on what we have now (at the moment), but that wouldnt be the intent would it? We would be looking to match/improve on the old Poch.

We arent going to be looking for someone to just get us out of the current hole, but actually be able to perform at the levels we expect.

First Ive seen of Allegri being at the game, and if true is a very interesting thing. He will be aware of the rumours etc, so its an odd one to show up and effectively stoke the flames a bit.

Im still 50/50 on him, the next Conte? Or Sarri? Always been a bit suspect of players and managers coming from Italy, they seem much more hit and miss than elsewhere.

Equally, while Mourinho is available, I cant help thinking he would be preferred given his relevant experience.

Former AC Milan coach Max Allegri is taking English lessons, but is not keen on taking a job mid-season, according to a report.

The 52-year-old, who has won Serie A six times with Milan and Juventus, stepped down in Turin at the end of last season and he was in attendance at Spurs’ 7-2 home defeat to Bayern Munich on Tuesday night.

Allegri though will bide his time before jumping into his first management job in the Premier League, according to The Sun.

The Livorno-born coach’s preference is to have a year out of coaching before returning to the limelight next summer.

The report claims Allegri will though “assess any offers before deciding whether to stick to his plan of having a full campaign away from the dugout”.

According to The Guardian, Allegri has identified the Manchester United job as his next destination, while he has also been linked with taking over at Spurs from the under-pressure Mauricio Pochettino.

And reports in the Italian media last month appeared to back up those claims by suggesting Allegri figured highly in the United board’s thinking should they call time on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s reign, with the club now having made their worst ever start to a season in 30 years.

But The Guardian claims that while United currently have no plans to sack Solskjaer mid-season, they will review their managerial situation at the end of the season dependent on where they finish and if they deem a change necessary to help arrest a slide that begun last season under Jose Mourinho.

Allegri’s credentials are certainly glowing having won five straight Scudettos in Italy with Juventus, but he is yet to be tested outside of Italy having managed Sassuolo and Cagliari previously.

Its not really a double edged question. Of course any mediocre manager would improve on what we have now (at the moment), but that wouldnt be the intent would it? We would be looking to match/improve on the old Poch.

We arent going to be looking for someone to just get us out of the current hole, but actually be able to perform at the levels we expect.

First Ive seen of Allegri being at the game, and if true is a very interesting thing. He will be aware of the rumours etc, so its an odd one to show up and effectively stoke the flames a bit.

Im still 50/50 on him, the next Conte? Or Sarri? Always been a bit suspect of players and managers coming from Italy, they seem much more hit and miss than elsewhere.

Equally, while Mourinho is available, I cant help thinking he would be preferred given his relevant experience.

To be fair that’s a excellent point about matching the old Poch, it’s been pudding me off for the last week I don’t think it was exactly rational thinking.

As for Allergi, I think the only realistic options we have to achieve that without taking a huge gamble are between him and Mourinho, I made my feelings msg about Mourinho in another topic so won’t repeat them but I really don’t want the guy.

To be fair that’s a excellent point about matching the old Poch, it’s been pudding me off for the last week I don’t think it was exactly rational thinking.

As for Allergi, I think the only realistic options we have to achieve that without taking a huge gamble are between him and Mourinho, I made my feelings msg about Mourinho in another topic so won’t repeat them but I really don’t want the guy.

If I was a bot just dong it by the numbers Id choose Mourinho, it just makes more sense. That said Im hardly in favour myself.

Allegri as I said Im 50/50 on, seen both good and bad reading up on him and am very unsure if he would succeed or not.

My actual preference would be for more of a gamble, to be honest, as stated pages ago in this thread.

If I was a bot just dong it by the numbers Id choose Mourinho, it just makes more sense. That said Im hardly in favour myself.

Allegri as I said Im 50/50 on, seen both good and bad reading up on him and am very unsure if he would succeed or not.

My actual preference would be for more of a gamble, to be honest, as stated pages ago in this thread.

Regarding Mourinho so would I, but what scares me about him is the state he leaves clubs, he absolutely does not think long term and with his reputation I don’t think he takes the job without certain guarantees in place.

Regarding Mourinho so would I, but what scares me about him is the state he leaves clubs, he absolutely does not think long term and with his reputation I don’t think he takes the job without certain guarantees in place.

Goes both ways though, doesnt it? Levy wouldnt offer him the job without certain guarantees/obligations in place...

Cynical/expected scenario with Mourinho is he comes in, sorts out the defence, has the team working hard again and result improve. Over time has the team playing increasingly negative football because all that matters is the result. Over more time gets the snark over transfers, starts blaming players for stuff publicly and it all goes very sours.

Dream scenario with Mourinho is he see us as his chance to really prove himself. Take all those doubters that say he is a chequebook manager who needs to be at the richest clubs to succeed and shows them where to shove it. He sets about a different type of project, with a different attitude, and really starts to build a club. From what is a fantastic base already, its an enticing concept. I honestly think he could be a Fergie type, more the architect than builder...

Goes both ways though, doesnt it? Levy wouldnt offer him the job without certain guarantees/obligations in place...

Cynical/expected scenario with Mourinho is he comes in, sorts out the defence, has the team working hard again and result improve. Over time has the team playing increasingly negative football because all that matters is the result. Over more time gets the snark over transfers, starts blaming players for stuff publicly and it all goes very sours.

Dream scenario with Mourinho is he see us as his chance to really prove himself. Take all those doubters that say he is a chequebook manager who needs to be at the richest clubs to succeed and shows them where to shove it. He sets about a different type of project, with a different attitude, and really starts to build a club. From what is a fantastic base already, its an enticing concept. I honestly think he could be a Fergie type, more the architect than builder...

If he comes in you are listening to all his pressers and moaning on my behalf and sending me an edited (strickly no whinging and whining) email..

You are almost convincing me now.

Back