• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

He shipped 5 goals against us when he was at Chelsea, that was under him wasn't it? And that was from lead if I remember right.
I wiont count the thumpings he had against barca because they could do that anyone but it did happen a few times.

If I remember well that season Chelsea was playing quite open until we tore them apart and then he reverted to norm and they were successful from then on (didn't they turn us over later in season?)

If I remember well that season Chelsea was playing quite open until we tore them apart and then he reverted to norm and they were successful from then on (didn't they turn us over later in season?)

You're probably right, I don't have a great memory.
I've also realised though was Jose not in charge at utd when we spanked them 3 zip?
Begining to show the narrative of Jose and his teams don't do big defeats to a little misguided.

Mourinho teams sit back and cynically foul and waste time and cheat, relying on DeGea to save 99% of shots, then pounce to win 1-0 from a set piece or a breakaway.

He regularly throws players (or Eva Caneiro) under the bus, publically ruining them.

He is an odious liar and a cheat.

He gouged an opposition coach in the eye.

He is a horrible humanoid.

Mourinho teams sit back and cynically foul and waste time and cheat, relying on DeGea to save 99% of shots, then pounce to win 1-0 from a set piece or a breakaway.

He regularly throws players (or Eva Caneiro) under the bus, publically ruining them.

So you're on the fence about him joining us then?:D....

Spot on!
But we’re not looking for a person to head up our moralities department!
We need a winner, Mourinho or whoever!

I think he did want to get Caneiro on her back but maybe the bus came in after he was rejected!

Last edited:
He finished 2nd once, 19 points behind 1st after spending a lot of money.

His teams score a lot of goals because he usually manages top teams.

I stand by what I said. Football has changed over the past 2-3 years and has become more attack minded. The champions league has become far more attacking and less cagey/defensive. Other than Simeone, the majority of the top managers in the game; Klopp, Guardiola etc play attack minded football.

Ill respectfully disagree.

I completely accept he isnt a cutting edge manager, but the idea his method is so out of date you need to question if it even works now is silly, IMHO.

You're probably right, I don't have a great memory.
I've also realised though was Jose not in charge at utd when we spanked them 3 zip?
Begining to show the narrative of Jose and his teams don't do big defeats to a little misguided.

That 3-0 was, I believe, the biggest home loss of his career. Imagine that, 3-0, after 13 years, being the worst result.

His record, according to wiki, is P909, W589, D186, L134. W65%, D20%, L15%.

I think its fair to say his teams do not lose many games.

If you saw my post on the last page you would see his team are always top 3 for least goals conceded in any given season. Usually 1st.

So yes, maybe on occasion his team gets a big defeat. But I would also suggest to think his teams defensive record is anything less than excellent is also misguided, and a handful of loses out of 134 (out of 909 games) wont prove otherwise.

All true, and a big part of the side of me that wouldnt want him at Spurs.

Ill respectfully disagree.

I completely accept he isnt a cutting edge manager, but the idea his method is so out of date you need to question if it even works now is silly, IMHO.

That 3-0 was, I believe, the biggest home loss of his career. Imagine that, 3-0, after 13 years, being the worst result.

His record, according to wiki, is P909, W589, D186, L134. W65%, D20%, L15%.

I think its fair to say his teams do not lose many games.

If you saw my post on the last page you would see his team are always top 3 for least goals conceded in any given season. Usually 1st.

So yes, maybe on occasion his team gets a big defeat. But I would also suggest to think his teams defensive record is anything less than excellent is also misguided, and a handful of loses out of 134 (out of 909 games) wont prove otherwise.

Would agree that those win stats are inflated by managing the two biggest clubs in the world and the original PL lottery winners?
He has almost always managed teams expected to win games and had the resources to do it.

Would agree that those win stats are inflated by managing the two biggest clubs in the world and the original PL lottery winners?
He has almost always managed teams expected to win games and had the resources to do it.

Maybe so, but plenty have been in these clubs before and after him and failed to match his record.

At that level with individual clubs, yes, as a career, I can only think of a couple managers to have only managed at that level of club for virtually their whole career.

Its worth noting as well, with Porto in europe they were not expecting to win games, with Inter in Italy - they were not the top dog, equally when he went to Utd they were in a long decline. Even Chelsea second time, they were dropping back (and only managed 3rd his first season).

He hasnt exclusively at the biggest/richest/best clubs.

He finished 2nd once, 19 points behind 1st after spending a lot of money.

His teams score a lot of goals because he usually manages top teams.

I stand by what I said. Football has changed over the past 2-3 years and has become more attack minded. The champions league has become far more attacking and less cagey/defensive. Other than Simeone, the majority of the top managers in the game; Klopp, Guardiola etc play attack minded football.

What lower level teams are Klopp and Guardiola playing this attacking football with?

Its worth noting as well, with Porto in europe they were not expecting to win games, with Inter in Italy - they were not the top dog, equally when he went to Utd they were in a long decline. Even Chelsea second time, they were dropping back (and only managed 3rd his first season).

Inter and Porto are two of the biggest clubs in their country, man utd and Rm the two biggest clubs in the world and Chelsea must be in the top 5 highest spending clubs in the last 10 years.
I think its safe to say that's the upper echelons of club football.

Inter and Porto are two of the biggest clubs in their country, man utd and Rm the two biggest clubs in the world and Chelsea must be in the top 5 highest spending clubs in the last 10 years.
I think its safe to say that's the upper echelons of club football.

It is.

But is it safe to say "teams expected to win games and had the resources to do it", presumably as a means to talk down his achievement?

I think in context its a bit less of an absolute than one might think.

And as I said, many a manager preceded and succeeded him and didnt do as well with the same clubs/resources/expectation.

Former Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri would want ex-Manchester United defender Patrice Evra - who he coached in Turin - to join his backroom staff at Old Trafford if he is appointed manager. (Daily Mail)

Paper BS or something building behind Allegri to Utd?

It is.

But is it safe to say "teams expected to win games and had the resources to do it", presumably as a means to talk down his achievement?

I think in context its a bit less of an absolute than one might think.

And as I said, many a manager preceded and succeeded him and didnt do as well with the same clubs/resources/expectation.

Nothing is an absolute, but the fact that his whole career has been spent at clubs at that level skews his stats, he has never managed a mid level or worse club where it could level out.
Even when they are playing badly these clubs will still win more than they lose.

Immediately prior to Jose joining Man Utd they finished 4th, 5th and won the FA Cup under Van Gaal. In Jose's first season he managed to do worse than Val Gaal and take them to a 6th place finish. The Europa League win (achieved without having to beat a top team) massively glossed over a period at the club equally as poor as the one that proceeded Jose's arrival.

Mourinho's 6th, 2nd, 6th (and sacked after 17 games) league positions were achieved while spending a total of £310 million on transfer fees (£260 million net) as well as bringing in both Alexis Sanchez and Ibrahimovic on free transfers on the sort of eye watering wages that we couldn't get near.

Tottenham ‘prospecting’ for potential Pochettino successor – Have already ‘contacted’ big name
By Tom Coast -

15th October 2019

Normally, the international break is the prime time to sack a manager.

Many clubs have done that in the past, and with both Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Mauricio Pochettino struggling at Manchester United and Tottenham respectively, odds were slashed on at least one of them losing their job.

So far, no trigger has been pulled, but the rumours surrounding their futures continue to do the rounds, and it’s Spurs’ turn to be at the centre of things on Tuesday.

While making it clear that ‘for now, he isn’t threatened, Soccer Link in France report the Tottenham board are ‘prospecting’ in case they have to find an eventual ‘successor’ to the Argentine.

With that in mind, the French website go on to claim that according to their information, José Mourinho, whose last job was at Manchester United, ‘has been contacted’ by the London club, who hold him in ‘high esteem’.

Whether or not that would be a good move for Spurs should it happen remains to be seen, but with the Premier League side struggling for trophies, hiring a man who has a solid track record of winning them would make some sense.

Then again, we all know what else Mourinho brings with him, and it might end up being something Daniel Levy will be sceptical about.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/tottenham...hettino-successor-already-contacted-big-name/

Back