• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Lets be honest, without Spurs playing we are in limbo these two weeks. All the rumours are out there about Poch and the players and all we can do is read them and speculate on whether it can be saved or that it's all fallen apart beyond repair.

The international break felt like the right time to sack him if we were going to, so it's fair to say that he has the next 6 games to prove that he has this in hand. Watford and Crvena Zvezda are the so called must win games, if we lose those two then we'll stumble into Anfield and get a spanking. I don't think Levy would condone that and even though he might want to give Poch a couple of windows to sort things out, that long a losing streak would surely be too much for him.

Put it this way if Poch has lost the dressing room ... unfortunately it does appear this way currently (outward looking in) ...

Only Jose mourinho can get players like kane, Eriksen etc to commit I think. He is a proven winner and I don't think that the bigger players will sit around for yet more transition.

Jose rocks up and we win things ... then comes the big fallout after two/ three years.

Otherwise I think we are into yet another building project

Lets be honest, without Spurs playing we are in limbo these two weeks. All the rumours are out there about Poch and the players and all we can do is read them and speculate on whether it can be saved or that it's all fallen apart beyond repair.

The international break felt like the right time to sack him if we were going to, so it's fair to say that he has the next 6 games to prove that he has this in hand. Watford and Crvena Zvezda are the so called must win games, if we lose those two then we'll stumble into Anfield and get a spanking. I don't think Levy would condone that and even though he might want to give Poch a couple of windows to sort things out, that long a losing streak would surely be too much for him.

It looks very much to me like he has lost the dressing room.

That said, the international break might be just the thing to recover that situation.

Everyone, players and management alike, have had a time out - the chance to reflect, to calm down, to rationalise - to recognise issues and even think through solutions.

It is possible they get back together next week (Wednesday?) and can actually, properly, clear the air and agree a strategy to move forward together.

I think if we just rolled from game to game it would only have escalated and got worse.

So fingers crossed heh?

My agenda? Fecked if I know[emoji6]

Something is wrong !
We can’t sell all the players!
So Pochettino regrettably look like he has to go!
Brighton was the last straw for me!

Replacement?
Sadly I can’t see past Mourinho ATM
But what do I know?

I think there's something going on, somethings not right, people are looking around, picking up bits here and there, adding two and two getting not quite getting 4 but trying to make it fit.
I like jose, but I don't want him anywhere near our club.
I may be mistaken but it's not that long that Jose was poison on here, now it's get him in.

There's four/five players we need to move on, three have already been replaced, and rumour is we are already looking for replacements for at least one other.
Two are leaving anyway with any luck.

Put it this way if Poch has lost the dressing room ... unfortunately it does appear this way currently (outward looking in) ...

Only Jose mourinho can get players like kane, Eriksen etc to commit I think. He is a proven winner and I don't think that the bigger players will sit around for yet more transition.

Jose rocks up and we win things ... then comes the big fallout after two/ three years.

Otherwise I think we are into yet another building project

Jose comes in can"t see Eriksen staying, that does not fit for me. Oil and water.
If anything Jose coming hastens Eriksen departure.

Maybe I'm not seeing up here in jock land but where's the rumours linking us to Jose or of players unhappy with poch.

I'd expected it to be plastered all over the back pages, when all I actually see is business as normal.
The only unusual thing is nothing at all from Harry.

There's four/five players we need to move on, three have already been replaced, and rumour is we are already looking for replacements for at least one other.

I'm not convinced of this part. Talk later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Heads up) I'm currently having problems getting on to this site - If you do not get a reply, that will be the reason.

Samuel Eto'o on José Mourinho: "He left me on the bench for a month and made me warm up in injury time. In his head, he was pricking me to make me his own. He wanted me to recover my best level. And I did. We won everything. We had a team of 11 warriors, we won differently."

What would Kane's version be?

Yeah me ankle was kiffed but I wanted to play so the gaffer picked me, full 90 as well. Fair play to him he's a top top bloke.

(I've been having problems with the site for over a week now, takes ages to load, keeps logging out, posts don't post, this is coming up frequently 'The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.')

Me too!
I'm not convinced of this part. Talk later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Heads up) I'm currently having problems getting on to this site - If you do not get a reply, that will be the reason.

Me too, where's the hash tag key!

What would Kane's version be?

Yeah me ankle was kiffed but I wanted to play so the gaffer picked me, full 90 as well. Fair play to him he's a top top bloke.

I don't get this tbh, if Harry thinks he isn't fit would he not be saying.
OK CL final maybe not, but the other games?

I don't get this tbh, if Harry thinks he isn't fit would he not be saying.
OK CL final maybe not, but the other games?

Any time he's been injured, returned and gone straight back into the starting line up. Not once has there been a need for that to happen.

I don''t think he would no. I like that about him to be honest, he wants to play, you ask him and he'll say 'I'm ready'.

Any time he's been injured, returned and gone straight back into the starting line up. Not once has there been a need for that to happen.

I don''t think he would no. I like that about him to be honest, he wants to play, you ask him and he'll say 'I'm ready'.

Me too (at it again#).
That's why I'm not buying the not motivated thing.
I don't think Harry would be having any of that.

You are totally right on both points, and that is what I'm saying.
I don't believe they were not motivated, and that's being thrown at poch "he can't motivate them". You shouldn't fudging need motivation to go out and win the biggest game of your career. He shouldn't need to motivate them, and if they can't get up for that game they can fudge right off.
Liverpool were poor, we were team trying to play football, but we had no confidence. The nature of our q/f and s/f wins didn't help here, I suspect a few of them felt we were lucky to be there and that luck wouldn't carry us over the line. The dubious early penalty knocked that confidence even more.
You would hope that one of them would have stood up and said "right fudge it, we have nothing to lose, let's get stuck in". Instead we retreated into our shell.
There is a problem with meteorology in this squad, it's obvious and has been for a while.
It looked like we were going to get away with it and paper over it until it was sorted, but alas things have conspired against us.

I agree the players need to motivate themselves. But the manager also has to set the team up correctly and pick the right players. Exhibit A being not picking Moura who had scored two hat tricks towards the end of last season and looked like one of the few players who actually turns up in big games for us. It would be wrong for me to call out Poch for starting Kane in the CL final as at the time I believed it was a lose lose for him. Having said that, there’s no way in my opinion that Alli deserved to start that game ahead of Moura. Alli hasn’t been at his best for going on 18 months now and Moura was on form. To not even give him a heads up about dropping him either was dreadful man management.

Exhibit B; playing Son at left back in the Fa cup semi final. Quite often these big games are decided by fine margins and you have to be tactically smarter than the opponent. I don’t think Poch excels in this regard in any way whatsoever. Yes you could argue we beat Ajax but that was literally backs to the wall, one last throw of the dice with nothing to lose. In the first leg we looked totally lost and couldn’t handle them. Granted we had a depleted side but Poch showed little or no tactical nous in that game. To me the tactic appeared to be to play like Stoke and lump it to Llorente.

In Poch’s defence, the club as a whole has a decades of underachieving to overcome and numerous occasions of falling short. If you look at clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and United, it must give their new signings a huge boost. I’m at United, we win things. They have that comfort that the club has been there and done it before even if as players themselves they have relatively little experience when it comes to winning.

In a nutshell, I think Poch is brilliant at developing young players and maximising their potential but I think his main weaknesses are his tendency to over complicate things in big games and his general in game management and tactics/ subs.

I agree the players need to motivate themselves. But the manager also has to set the team up correctly and pick the right players. Exhibit A being not picking Moura who had scored two hat tricks towards the end of last season and looked like one of the few players who actually turns up in big games for us. It would be wrong for me to call out Poch for starting Kane in the CL final as at the time I believed it was a lose lose for him. Having said that, there’s no way in my opinion that Alli deserved to start that game ahead of Moura. Alli hasn’t been at his best for going on 18 months now and Moura was on form. To not even give him a heads up about dropping him either was dreadful man management.

Exhibit B; playing Son at left back in the Fa cup semi final. Quite often these big games are decided by fine margins and you have to be tactically smarter than the opponent. I don’t think Poch excels in this regard in any way whatsoever. Yes you could argue we beat Ajax but that was literally backs to the wall, one last throw of the dice with nothing to lose. In the first leg we looked totally lost and couldn’t handle them. Granted we had a depleted side but Poch showed little or no tactical nous in that game. To me the tactic appeared to be to play like Stoke and lump it to Llorente.

In Poch’s defence, the club as a whole has a decades of underachieving to overcome and numerous occasions of falling short. If you look at clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and United, it must give their new signings a huge boost. I’m at United, we win things. They have that comfort that the club has been there and done it before even if as players themselves they have relatively little experience when it comes to winning.

In a nutshell, I think Poch is brilliant at developing young players and maximising their potential but I think his main weaknesses are his tendency to over complicate things in big games and his general in game management and tactics/ subs.

Good Post, do you not think part of the problem here, here as in this forum, is that we are being compared to Liverpool, City, utd, arsenal and Chelsea, when realistically in everything other results we are closer to Everton and Leicester?
Unrealistic expectations. We have over achieved, there was always going to a dip, transition call it what you like and people are peeved.
Don't get this right and we could be caught up in the mid table whirlpool again.

Jose comes in can"t see Eriksen staying, that does not fit for me. Oil and water.
If anything Jose coming hastens Eriksen departure.

Absolutely fine by me.

Regardless of managerial changes (or not) as far as Im concerned the sooner Eriksen is gone the better.

Maybe I'm not seeing up here in jock land but where's the rumours linking us to Jose or of players unhappy with poch.

I'd expected it to be plastered all over the back pages, when all I actually see is business as normal.
The only unusual thing is nothing at all from Harry.

Its subtle, not explicit.

Respected journalists are writing quotless articles citing "sources" describing:
- Players fed up with Pochs methods
- Poch being distant in training, watching in cctv
- Poch has always done that, no bother
- The club are backing Poch
- Mourinho is ready to join a premier league side (2+2 obviously)
- Club sent scout to Argentina so must mean Poch is staying
- Club planning big clear out to keep Poch happy
- Players expected Poch to leave at the end of the season and are bored with him now
- Poch not happy about various things

And then you get the muppet pundit/ex player/ex 'legend' mouthpieces all with their say on the above, usually mix and match a few to sound like they know something...

Good Post, do you not think part of the problem here, here as in this forum, is that we are being compared to Liverpool, City, utd, arsenal and Chelsea, when realistically in everything other results we are closer to Everton and Leicester?
Unrealistic expectations. We have over achieved, there was always going to a dip, transition call it what you like and people are peeved.
Don't get this right and we could be caught up in the mid table whirlpool again.

Theres a game of perspective here, the right answer for you depends on which angle you view from.

"Poch is over achieving" - well, when you dont spent gazillions and are traditionally an Everton level club, he absolutely is.
"Poch is over achieving" - with the players at hand, and the competition we have faced in recent years - is he? Probably not...

I dont think our expectations are unrealistic, really. They are based on our performances and current standing in the pecking order.

Absolutely fine by me.

Regardless of managerial changes (or not) as far as Im concerned the sooner Eriksen is gone the better.

Its subtle, not explicit.

Respected journalists are writing quotless articles citing "sources" describing:
- Players fed up with Pochs methods
- Poch being distant in training, watching in cctv
- Poch has always done that, no bother
- The club are backing Poch
- Mourinho is ready to join a premier league side (2+2 obviously)
- Club sent scout to Argentina so must mean Poch is staying
- Club planning big clear out to keep Poch happy
- Players expected Poch to leave at the end of the season and are bored with him now
- Poch not happy about various things

And then you get the muppet pundit/ex player/ex 'legend' mouthpieces all with their say on the above, usually mix and match a few to sound like they know something...

I've not seen much of that tbh, as I say may be it's not making it norf.
Totally agree on Eriksen and Rose for that matter.

Back