• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Gazzetta dello Sport claim that while the 52-year-old is interested in taking the Man Utd job, he wants the post early to have as much time to turn the team around.

Allegri is currently on a sabbatical and it is believed that he was not keen on the idea of taking over a club in the middle of a season.

It is reported that he would unlikely take the job if it was offered to him as late as December

Any approach would have to be made in the next few weeks, meaning Woodward will have to make a decision on Solskjaer's future imminently.

I would have no problem with Jose, he is a "winner" and he has turned players at all the clubs he has been at into "winners" and its something our squad lack and i have been saying this for years. Not many wanted to listen to that at the time ( and i got stick for it) but its seems reality is beginning to creep into our fans now.

I still think we should give Poch until the end of the season before any decisions are made though.

Last edited:
First and foremost, I’m behind Poch and want HIM, to want actually want to stay.
That doesn’t mean for ever, if it looks like he has or does, lose the dressing room but I want him to have every chance within reason to turn it around.
Saying all that, we need to plan for contingencies, and I would definitely take Jose on, for all the reasons stated already. Obv it comes with risk but there’s always risk. But, I wouldn’t be happy to get rid of Poch right now, just to secure JM.

Has he won something, if so he is a winner. Stop digging Milo its not working.:p

I'm not digging. If the only definition of someone being a winner is that they have won something and it has nothing to do with character, it is meaningless. Especially when applied to a manager has won most of his honours at the richest club in each league.

I'm not digging. If the only definition of someone being a winner is that they have won something and it has nothing to do with character, it is meaningless. Especially when applied to a manager has won most of his honours at the richest club in each league.

Yes you are ( imo) but its not important just lets say we disagree.

With regards to this speculation being "disrespectful", is this much different than us speculating on who we would like to sign to replace certain players in our first XI?

In both situations, we are looking at where the team can be improved and who can improve it. If any player started showing signs that they were no longer interested in the club or that they had hit their limit, I would expect all fans including those in the Poch in camp to discuss the future. This is no different. In fact the need to discuss our future without Poch has come around far too often in the last two years (Madrid vacancies x2, post UCL final and UTD vacancy), the difference now is that we are in a very different situation.

How much money you spend isn’t relevant - as has been proven here managing a few egos isn’t easy, and this is nothing on what the biggest clubs has to go through especially Real Madrid when they spend loads on their superstars. There is nothing to suggest Poch could cope with that, he doesn’t even appear to know how to manage a couple of players running down their contractso_O Jeez, this reminds me of the convo where some posters on here claim we have this great winning mentality despite the fact we never win something. And now players that Mourinho coached to win trophies apparently aren’t really winners. Only could this theory be constructed on a Spurs forum:D....

Don't think anyone can say Jose isn't a winner, two CL with unfancied clubs.
And won the PL in his first season here, that is a very good achievement.

I like Jose, wouldn't want near our club though, az d I think it would be carnage in our dressing room with all the apparent snowflakes we have.

Who was the last player he turned into a winner?

Immediate thing that springs to mind is to look at Chelsea. When he went in there they had just got top 4 but were basically nobodies as memory serves.

On the rise, not at the peak.

He brought Makelele from Madrid, a winner already for sure - though considered past it by some.
He brought in Glen Johnson, Wayne Bridge, Duff, Veron, joe Cole, Mutu, Smertin, Crespo and Scott Parker too. Most of which were not winners at all.
He inherited Babayaro, Desailly (winner!), Lampard, Hasselbaink, Gallas, Geremi, Melchiot, Petit (winner!), Gudjohnsen, Cudicini, Terry, Mikail Forssell and Robert Huth.

From that lot I think there could be an argument he made several winners, going by the "character" angle I believe you are looking at it.

There might be the argument they had latent "winner" mentality, but its ifs and buts. Jose got them winning things and made some of them genuine champions. You need only look to the way the like of Terry, Lampard and Drogba (joined later) dragged Chelsea to the CL win a few years later on.

Doesn't this come down to the basic fact that the ones who win stuff, are driven to win at all costs, whether that is cheating or lying or maiming or tinkling people off. clams win prizes.

Back