• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

In May 2016, Mourinho signed a three-year deal as manager of Manchester United. In his first season in charge the club won the Community Shield, the League Cup and the UEFA Europa League. The Red Devils finished second behind their city rivals in 2017/18 and lost the FA Cup final to Mourinho's former club, Chelsea.

Not too shabby?
Cooor didn't realise it was that good! I think we'd all take that for 2 years and then wait another 20 years to win another trophy!

I must say that I find it really distasteful that we are speculating about the next Spurs manager whilst Poch is still in the job. Very sad.

I don't understand.

He's made numerous hints and suggestions about leaving. Are they not distasteful? Are we just meant to sit around and then if he decides to leave then jump into action?

We are having conversations because everyone has seen this story before, and it ends one way, today, next week, December ..

I also find it an interesting discussion in its own right, as a conversation about where we stand in things - what calibre of manager we might attract, that kind of thing.

And its an interesting discussion in terms of putting Pochettino into context as well. If people dont see better/viable alternatives then it strengthens the faith behind him, doesnt it?

Jose Mourinho eyes replacing Mauricio Pochettino at ailing Tottenham as former Chelsea and Manchester United boss plots comeback
By Adrian Kajumba For The Daily Mail22:30, 08 Oct 2019 , updated 08:49, 09 Oct 2019

Jose Mourinho is monitoring Tottenham's situation as he looks for a route back into management.

Mourinho has been out of work since being sacked by Manchester United last December, less than a year into a new contract that was due to run until 2020.

Spurs are among the clubs that appeal to the Portuguese manager.

Real Madrid, coached by Zinedine Zidane, are another and Mourinho remains in contact and on good terms with club president Florentino Perez.

Mourinho, 56, is prepared to bide his time and wait for the ideal opportunity. He has been working predominantly as a TV pundit and joined Sky ahead of the season.

He has declined offers at former club Benfica and a £90million proposal from Chinese Super League side Guangzhou Evergrande.

He said: 'I have to be patient and wait for the right opportunity and the right opportunity is one that is at the same size and the same level that I am as a manager. I have to wait for the exact right one.'

Tottenham's disappointing start has cast doubt over the future of manager Mauricio Pochettino.

The club have no plans to sack Pochettino, who has been in charge since 2014 and whose deal runs until 2023. He also comes with a £32m price tag which neither United and Madrid are prepared to pay.

Pochettino, 47, insisted after Spurs' 3-0 defeat at Brighton: 'We need to find a way to stay together and be all together again and find a good dynamic.'

However, as revealed by Sportsmail, Spurs players note Pochettino has cut a distant figure, sparking fears that he is looking for a way out

Honestly, I'd take him in a heartbeat

Proven winner, something to prove, he's had the benefit of a rest from the game.

Yes, there is baggage, but for two years, it would be interesting as fudge

Ive come round to the idea in a big way. Its a gamble, its almost like there are two Jose's. But if we can get the good one it would indeed be interesting as fudge...

Ive come round to the idea in a big way. Its a gamble, its almost like there are two Jose's. But if we can get the good one it would indeed be interesting as fudge...
I think a lot of us have got the idealistic view of having Poch manage us for 20 odd years or something, when in reality 2-3 year stints are far more likely going forward for us in the modern era.

With that in mind, I've no doubt Mourinho would at the very least get us a trophy or two in that time, and would shut up all the 'Spurs dont win trophies' stuff we all hear and for that alone I'd have him in a heartbeat. All this him leaving clubs in a mess, simply wouldnt happen with Levy at the helm. It would evidence we could also entice the real big name managers in European football too....

Donald Trump Jose can, IMO, lead to some long term pain for short term gain. Id much rather happy Jose, like the one who delivered a treble to Inter and had their players crying when he left.

I'm not sure any club he has left can claim long term pain (United was a mess before he got there).

Also, mentioned it before, everyone said Harry would bankrupt us, leave us with an old squad on high wages we could get rid off, etc .. same as Jose, they forget Levy runs the club, not the manager and hence protects us a little more.

But yes, happy, smart Jose would be great

Donald Trump Jose can, IMO, lead to some long term pain for short term gain. Id much rather happy Jose, like the one who delivered a treble to Inter and had their players crying when he left.

I have also come round to it more and more, my main concern with him is the aftermath he leaves, but if I could choose one man in world football to keep him in check and control this it would be Levy.

I think Levy and Mourinho would be a tinderbox waiting to explode …

"Levy just be quite and sign this player" ..
"Get out"

Back