• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm coming around to Benitez the more I think about it.

I voted FDB in the poll because I want some schekshy dutch style total football at WHL but with all the possible appointments discussed, bar Benitez, it would still be a hope of it succeeding but with Benitez I would fully expect to be finishing at least top 4, possibly higher. More so from his time at Chelsea than Liverpool - winning EL and finishing 3rd should not have happened the way he was treated there but he did it anyway.

one of the pluses for FSW for me is that Levy might actually respect him and defer to his superior football knowledge

I'm coming around to Benitez the more I think about it.

I voted FDB in the poll because I want some schekshy dutch style total football at WHL but with all the possible appointments discussed, bar Benitez, it would still be a hope of it succeeding but with Benitez I would fully expect to be finishing at least top 4, possibly higher. More so from his time at Chelsea than Liverpool - winning EL and finishing 3rd should not have happened the way he was treated there but he did it anyway.

with Benitez you expect us to finish in the top 4, even higher???? what about City, Chelsea, ****, Utd??? heck even Liverpool. At chelsea he had a damn fine squad, CL winners, PL winners amongst them, they had underperformed in the league the previous season but apart from that they have been top 4 regulars for yonks now. Imo at Spurs Benitez would be challenging for a top 4 place but will fall short and finish 5th or 6th. Thats our lot right now, our squad is good but we dont have any world class players to take us to the next level. Even Bale and his magic couldnt do that for us

All things considered, I think we're in a pretty fortuitous position - the three main candidates would all bring key strengths to the job, with only minor respective drawbacks. Imagine if it were different and our top three targets were, say, Fabio Capello, David Moyes and Michael Laudrup.

with Benitez you expect us to finish in the top 4, even higher???? what about City, Chelsea, ****, Utd??? heck even Liverpool. At chelsea he had a damn fine squad, CL winners, PL winners amongst them, they had underperformed in the league the previous season but apart from that they have been top 4 regulars for yonks now. Imo at Spurs Benitez would be challenging for a top 4 place but will fall short and finish 5th or 6th. Thats our lot right now, our squad is good but we dont have any world class players to take us to the next level. Even Bale and his magic couldnt do that for us

I do yes. I think we have an amazingly talented squad of players that have not yet performed to their full potential and when we do, we will more than justify our place fighting for the title. I think we have the joint second best squad of players in the league after Emirates Marketing Project and on par with Chelsea.

The only thing that works against us is the mind set that we're held back by our lack of experience challenging.....a manager like Benitez would instill that in the players imo. But no-one can say that if the players we have on our books all performed to their maximum that we wouldn't be up there.

I do yes. I think we have an amazingly talented squad of players that have not yet performed to their full potential and when we do, we will more than justify our place fighting for the title. I think we have the joint second best squad of players in the league after Emirates Marketing Project and on par with Chelsea.

The only thing that works against us is the mind set that we're held back by our lack of experience challenging.....a manager like Benitez would instill that in the players imo. But no-one can say that if the players we have on our books all performed to their maximum that we wouldn't be up there.

It's all relative though isn't it. Sure, we might have talented players, but are they more talented than what Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project and Man utd have? I personally don't think so. And on top of that all those teams have great players who have already gelled and already been playing at the top of their game in the EPL.

It's a similar situation to England. When we look at our team and say how great it is on paper (maybe not now but in the last decade) we wonder why we don't do better in tournaments. But then we only know what's in front of us. Look at the other teams and the quality they have and it is better.

With our squad at the moment as it is, we are nowhere near the quality of the other teams. Even talent and potential-wise, we don't have players of the caliber that we had 2/3 seasons ago under Redknapp.

If one of those managers does get us into the top 4, they will for sure have us punching well above our weight and it will not be because of the talent of our players which deserve us a place there.

It's all relative though isn't it. Sure, we might have talented players, but are they more talented than what Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project and Man utd have? I personally don't think so. And on top of that all those teams have great players who have already gelled and already been playing at the top of their game in the EPL.

It's a similar situation to England. When we look at our team and say how great it is on paper (maybe not now but in the last decade) we wonder why we don't do better in tournaments. But then we only know what's in front of us. Look at the other teams and the quality they have and it is better.

With our squad at the moment as it is, we are nowhere near the quality of the other teams. Even talent and potential-wise, we don't have players of the caliber that we had 2/3 seasons ago under Redknapp.

If one of those managers does get us into the top 4, they will for sure have us punching well above our weight and it will not be because of the talent of our players which deserve us a place there.

With the right manager yes! ;)

If they were playing to the full potential of the squad they are probably better all round than Liverpool and on par with arsewipe to be fair take rooney and rvp out of manure how many world stars do they have ?

But our squad is not any where near full potential and at present most are playing so within themselves its depressing
Add the pathetic management of the last year and we did well to finish 6th

The crux of my point is that I believe a manager of Benitez's stature would improve our performances/results against the teams currently above and around us in the table which I am sure we can all agree are not good enough. If he can do that, then it stands to reason that we will be contenders for the top spot/s.

The crux of my point is that I believe a manager of Benitez's stature would improve our performances/results against the teams currently above and around us in the table which I am sure we can all agree are not good enough. If he can do that, then it stands to reason that we will be contenders for the top spot/s.

I don't suppose it helps me saying I cant stand the bloke does it 8-[

All things considered, I think we're in a pretty fortuitous position - the three main candidates would all bring key strengths to the job, with only minor respective drawbacks. Imagine if it were different and our top three targets were, say, Fabio Capello, David Moyes and Michael Laudrup.

Poch could be last summers Laudrup, Capello's cv is better than Benitez. Moyes is ****!

Don't want any of your "imagine if" list, but just saying the current list isn't irefutebly better, they all have big question marks. Less so Benitez I guess, but why is he such a favourite now when the suggestion was being ridiculed 2 years ago to follow Harry? Winning the uefa cup with Chelsea was good but he bloody well should have done with that squad, especially with how poor they still were under him in the league, like they focused on the cup.

Poch could be last summers Laudrup, Capello's cv is better than Benitez. Moyes is ****!

Don't want any of your "imagine if" list, but just saying the current list isn't irefutebly better, they all have big question marks. Less so Benitez I guess, but why is he such a favourite now when the suggestion was being ridiculed 2 years ago to follow Harry? Winning the uefa cup with Chelsea was good but he bloody well should have done with that squad, especially with how poor they still were under him in the league, like they focused on the cup.

27% of the votes in this poll. Hardly a super strong consensus.

I would take any of the 3 we're currently being linked to the most ahead of those 3 on your alternative list. Despite not being "irrefutably better".

Benitez plays boring football. He's anti-Tottenham.

I agree, winning trophies is almost entirely anti-Tottenham these days. So is qualifying for the Champions League.

We should be looking for a wobbly, defense-be-damned manager with a history of personal problems and experience in keeping a club between 5th and 15th, if we're going by our desire for an accurate representation of what Tottenham's recently become. A manager with no recent success on his record would be preferable: if there is any, that can perhaps be excused if he can display that he did everything humanly possible to throw it away.

Sigh. When did we forget that Blanchflower advocated 'going out and beating the other lot', beating being the operative word? When did we start identifying with losing prettily more than we did with winning things? When did we become such puritanical zealots that we are this willing to dismiss Champions-League winning managers in favor of mid-table masters just because the former committed the cardinal sin of seeing out a narrow lead every now and then, while the latter who consistently played pretty finished this season in 8th with utterly nothing to show for it, not even a measly LMA award?

Finding someone who can play pretty football and win consistently is the holy grail. But when we can't find someone with a proven track record of doing so, we must go for the most qualified, most trophy-laden candidate, style be damned. Somewhere along the way, we as fans (me included) have forgotten this, and I wager that it's seeped into the club's decision-making as well. Somewhere along these last 20 years, we grew to like losing prettily over winning ugly. Why that is, I don't know. However, I don't doubt that Bill Nick and Danny Blanchflower would both recoil in revulsion if they were witness to what we've turned their ethos into.

We have somebody begging for the chance to manage spurs who has a trophy laden cabinet and plays good football in fact I would struggle to find a time in the guys entire life that he was not a born winner

Which is why we are going to ignore him for poch instead it seems to be the spurs way :-#

We have somebody begging for the chance to manage spurs who has a trophy laden cabinet and plays good football in fact I would struggle to find a time in the guys entire life that he was not a born winner

Which is why we are going to ignore him for poch instead it seems to be the spurs way :-#

Forgive me if Im being a little naive here, perhaps Ive missed something but...how on earth is Benitez begging to manage Spurs?

Thompson and Carragher have voiced their opinion about the fact they think Benitez would come back to England but doesn't mean its a given and certainly doesn't mean Benitez is desperate to manage us. I could give my opinion on what I think my parents' wishes are, but doesn't mean I'd be 100% correct...

Back