• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh yeah because he did such a great job with us the first time around.

Considering the quality of players he had (unfit Zeige and Carr aside) he didn't do too badly.

I think I'd just enjoy the irony of us sacking YTS to employ Hoddle when last time Hoddle was manager YTS spent a his time trying to get him sacked.

I assumed Scara meant to see out the season, and then look for the permanent boss. I wouldn't want Freundy or Hoddle put in to take us forward, no chance.

Yeah, pretty much this.

I'd be interested in knowing if Freund would have been interested in the job for 6 months followed by being assistant to a big name.

That's infinitely more experience working with a top class manager than YTS has.

As well as his work with the German youth sides, remember Freund was also Nigeria's assistant manager for a spell, working alongside Berti Vogts.

He also has other experience of coaching adults in his 15 months as AVB's assistant, something Timmeh had never done till Xmas.

Step 1 Bring in LVG in the summer with a 3 year contract
Step 2 Levy goes on holiday for 3 years
Step 3 Champions League football OR Club implodes again. who the **** knows? least it will be fun...

No one ever mentions Klinsmann...

that is one appt that would get my granyons yearning.

Klinsmann isn't really a coach though - he's more a DoF who employs coaches to work under him.

He's also just signed a new contract with USA till 2018, and that's pretty much his dream job considering where his family live etc.

As well as his work with the German youth sides, remember Freund was also Nigeria's assistant manager for a spell, working alongside Berti Vogts.

He also has other experience of coaching adults in his 15 months as AVB's assistant, something Timmeh had never done till Xmas.

Really grasping at straws with this pro Freund thing.
Freund has been keep in a mascot/cheerleader role by both AVB and Sherwood. If he was a great tactical mastermind surely he surely would be appreciated by someone.
He obviously hasnt the personality to the job anyway. No one with the right managerial qualities would be happy making silly videos for Spurs TV and sitting being ignored on the bench.

Really grasping at straws with this pro Freund thing.
Freund has been keep in a mascot/cheerleader role by both AVB and Sherwood. If he was a great tactical mastermind surely he surely would be appreciated by someone.
He obviously hasnt the personality to the job anyway. No one with the right managerial qualities would be happy making silly videos for Spurs TV and sitting being ignored on the bench.

But surely one thing we have learnt is that a bloke who talks a good fight is actually not guaranteed to be that good at managing a premiership football club. Surely that is now obvious to you!
Sherwood doesn't have a tactical bone in his body and seems to think that the players are going to perform if he ****s them off to the media.You need to have gravitas to be able to do that e.g. Mourinho!

But surely one thing we have learnt is that a bloke who talks a good fight is actually not guaranteed to be that good at managing a premiership football club. Surely that is now obvious to you!
Sherwood doesn't have a tactical bone in his body and seems to think that the players are going to perform if he ****s them off to the media.You need to have gravitas to be able to do that e.g. Mourinho!

Whatever about Sherwood do you think Freund would have been a better choice?
The guy has no ambition, the guy wouldnt say boo to any of the players.

How about Joachim Löw? Doesn't seem to have got much of a mention. Not entirely clued up on what he has achieved at club level but he has done superbly with Germany, has got them winning games emphatically with an attractive style, a combo we all crave for.

Got to be his last international tournament coming up, no?

Whatever about Sherwood do you think Freund would have been a better choice?
The guy has no ambition, the guy wouldnt say boo to any of the players.

Yes I do. Not because I rate Freund - I know nothing about his ability - but because anyone would clearly have been better than YTS.

"You're just a **** 'Arry Redknapp"...

How about Joachim Löw? Doesn't seem to have got much of a mention. Not entirely clued up on what he has achieved at club level but he has done superbly with Germany, has got them winning games emphatically with an attractive style, a combo we all crave for.

Got to be his last international tournament coming up, no?

Recently signed a new contract till 2016

Interesting what Eriksen said about De Boer. De Boer given him the freedom to express himself is the opposite of what what Van Gaal would allow him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/15/christian-eriksen-tottenham-hotspur-spurs-arsenal
"He gave me the responsibility to play my own game, to get involved, to get the ball and just to play, to show my talent."

The way Eriksen has the habit of being marginalised in games I think, much like Modric, he'd actually benefit more from being in an organised system.

Players like Ginola or Gascoigne needed freedom. Eriksen needs to play in a team where his teammates have been drilled in sycronised passing and movement.

The way Eriksen has the habit of being marginalised in games I think, much like Modric, he'd actually benefit more from being in an organised system.

Players like Ginola or Gascoigne needed freedom. Eriksen needs to play in a team where his teammates have been drilled in sycronised passing and movement.

I believe this is an accurate observation.

absolutely agree with this.......a big criticism of Eriksen at Ajax was that he would disappear in games and fail to exert his influence.

Back