• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mourinho exchanged Zlatan for Eto which at the time was a top class exchange, and he also signed Milito.....both Milito and Eto were instrumental in the CL win and significantly improved upon what Mancini had at Inter. Again, Mourinho spending to get success which is a stick Mancini seems to be beaten with

Mourinho very rarely under achieves and his teams are often more than the sum of their parts, you couldn't say the same for Mancini.

Inter: Seriously outspending everyone else and no Juventus.

City: Outspending everyone else even more and they were far from convincing.

Mancini makes a team less than the sum of its parts, he's just been lucky enough to have had some the absolute best players available.

Won the league with Inter with what was the best team in the league at that point, failed in Europe. Was put in his place by Mourinho who won them the CL (after selling Zlatan!)

Won the league eventually with City by a hair, having the best squad in the league by far. After having previously failed to get ahead of several teams with inferior resources and squads, failed in Europe. Played about 6-7 months of truly top class football with a truly top class squad for years. Seems like Pellegrini is about to put him in his place, has made City look significantly stronger imo.

a question......if City win just the league cup this season, and Emirates Marketing Project decide its not enough success and thus change the manager again in the summer, would you like Spurs to consider Pellegrini for the manager/head coach job??

Mourinho exchanged Zlatan for Eto which at the time was a top class exchange, and he also signed Milito.....both Milito and Eto were instrumental in the CL win and significantly improved upon what Mancini had at Inter. Again, Mourinho spending to get success which is a stick Mancini seems to be beaten with

Right......but he made that exchange. It was the kind of thing that Mancini could have done (and didn't). Nobody would have had Inter down as favourites for the CL that season (or even really one of the contenders) after Mancini's continued failures there.

a question......if City win just the league cup this season, and Emirates Marketing Project decide its not enough success and thus change the manager again in the summer, would you like Spurs to consider Pellegrini for the manager/head coach job??

Based on his work with just Villareal and Real Madrid? Yes.

Based on his work with Emirates Marketing Project? Not really no, that would make this a very much failed season in his and Emirates Marketing Project's eyes. I'd always like to give a manager at least a second season though.

Mourinho spends and makes it work.

Mancini spends, then re-spends and does it all over again and then in the end it works out. At least it was rumoured that the last summer window.

Like Milo said, Mourinho makes teams more than the sum of it's parts (exactly what we need to push on I think), Mancini is the opposite.

In a heartbeat. Should be right up there at the top of the list imo.

Mourinho spends and makes it work.

Mancini spends, then re-spends and does it all over again and then in the end it works out. At least it was rumoured that the last summer window.

Like Milo said, Mourinho makes teams more than the sum of it's parts (exactly what we need to push on I think), Mancini is the opposite.

In a heartbeat. Should be right up there at the top of the list imo.

despite inheriting such a fantastic squad at City, spending much more to strengthen it, no Ferguson to contend with, Chelsea without a decent striker, **** with a small squad in comparison to City and all Pellegrini wins is the league cup????? You are slightly contradicting yourself. You say Mancini failed despite having such an advantage over his rivals, and yet if Pellegrini does the same you dont seem to mind

despite inheriting such a fantastic squad at City, spending much more to strengthen it, no Ferguson to contend with, Chelsea without a decent striker, **** with a small squad in comparison to City and all Pellegrini wins is the league cup????? You are slightly contradicting yourself. You say Mancini failed despite having such an advantage over his rivals, and yet if Pellegrini does the same you dont seem to mind

Meh, Mancini similarly didn't really have Chelsea and Arsenal to compete with.

It's not just about 6-7 months though. I wasn't particularly impressed with what Mancini did at Inter and over several seasons I wasn't impressed with him at City over several seasons.

Pellegrini on the other hand impressed at Villareal, Real Madrid and Malaga to me and so far has done at least alright at City. He's also gotten City playing some tremendous attacking football.

If you think focusing on their performances over time rather than focusing on only the 6-7 months Pellegrini has spent in England is contradicting myself then fair enough. I believe that there's such a thing as variance in football and I think managers shouldn't be judged on a single season in isolation. I don't see the contradiction.

JOKE OF AN ARTICLE.

If we all lived in Italy and read of a guy called Tim Sherwood who took over a team called Tottenham Hotspurs in England and instantly changed the formations, doubled the goal conversion ratio, got them scoring more, won X amount of his first games, had the best win stats in the history of the club, blah blah blah ALL WITH NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE let alone managing as many clubs as Prandelli we would be drooling at the thought of him.

When your overseas you only hear of good stories and never see ins and outs of clubs unless you closely follow the subject manager/club, its so easy to make anybody sound good.

Are we really that desperate that were going to get carried away with yet another manager who's done one or two good things in his career here and there and think hes going to be the next big thing???
In other countries fans probably read about steve mclaren and think hes a football GHod - wow he won the league with FC Twente? hes was Englands number 2?? wow we need this genius at our clubs. off course us over hear in England know better and see what a plonker he is and for every good example a foreign fan could give of Mclaren we can give 10 bad ones.

Prandelli did not change the way Italy played just like that - he needed the players and was lucky enough to have more ball playing midfielders plus the resurgance of other players to play that way. Other managers Italy managers didnt have that luxury.

In a nutshell there is an argument and counter argument for everything and its all pointless information. Again... lets not get desparate and start looking for things in managers that are not there or at least not yet proved.
On paper TS is an impressive as ANYBODY but we all know its not that simple as we support the club follow the club week in and week out and see everything else that goes on along with the results. so lets not get carried away with Prandelli because of a couple of good stories which span over YEARS of management. If we are so dilligent with our assesment of TS then we shouldn't all of a sudden drop that for Prandelli because of one or two good things hes done. Stats wise TS has achieved way more and in theory should have way more potential considering hes still learning on the job. In TS short time he has many fancy stories to tell (Adebayors best form in his career, best win ratio, beating Man Utd etc etc etc) so if TS fancy stories are not good enough for us why is fancy stories of Prandelli good enough.
Personally I think if TS goes he needs to be replaced with somebody who just jumps in your face as a success and not somebody who really isnt all that and then subject ourselves to looking at random facts desparatately trying to convince ourselves hes the man.

Last edited:
I'm fearful that we're closing our eyes too much, wishing for a new manager to bring us success, and then ending up with the results stay the same.

There's no guarantee that any new manager will bring success. I just hope that they bring us more life and energy, so that we don't have to continue enduring performances like those that we've witnessed over the past week.

JOKE OF AN ARTICLE.

If we all lived in Italy and read of a guy called Tim Sherwood who took over a team called Tottenham Hotspurs in England and instantly changed the formations, doubled the goal conversion ratio, got them scoring more, won X amount of his first games, had the best win stats in the history of the club, blah blah blah ALL WITH NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE let alone managing as many clubs as Prandelli we would be drooling at the thought of him.

When your overseas you only hear of good stories and never see ins and outs of clubs unless you closely follow the subject manager/club, its so easy to make anybody sound good.

Are we really that desperate that were going to get carried away with yet another manager who's done one or two good things in his career here and there and think hes going to be the next big thing???
In other countries fans probably read about steve mclaren and think hes a football GHod - wow he won the league with FC Twente? hes was Englands number 2?? wow we need this genius at our clubs. off course us over hear in England know better and see what a plonker he is and for every good example a foreign fan could give of Mclaren we can give 10 bad ones.

Prandelli did not change the way Italy played just like that - he needed the players and was lucky enough to have more ball playing midfielders plus the resurgance of other players to play that way. Other managers Italy managers didnt have that luxury.

In a nutshell there is an argument and counter argument for everything and its all pointless information. Again... lets not get desparate and start looking for things in managers that are not there or at least not yet proved.
On paper TS is an impressive as ANYBODY but we all know its not that simple as we support the club follow the club week in and week out and see everything else that goes on along with the results. so lets not get carried away with Prandelli because of a couple of good stories which span over YEARS of management. If we are so dilligent with our assesment of TS then we shouldn't all of a sudden drop that for Prandelli because of one or two good things hes done. Stats wise TS has achieved way more and in theory should have way more potential considering hes still learning on the job. In TS short time he has many fancy stories to tell (Adebayors best form in his career, best win ratio, beating Man Utd etc etc etc) so if TS fancy stories are not good enough for us why is fancy stories of Prandelli good enough.
Personally I think if TS goes he needs to be replaced with somebody who just jumps in your face as a success and not somebody who really isnt all that and then subject ourselves to looking at random facts desparatately trying to convince ourselves hes the man.

If you have something specific about Prandelli to add to the discussion that's great of course. I do like opposing, even contrarian, points of view. But your "he's foreign, so we can't know, in other countries McLaren is probably seen as a football GHod" falls flat the moment you realize that McLaren isn't exactly being offered great jobs on the continent left right and centre is he?

Which papers are you reading where Sherwood is as impressive as anybody? I honestly cannot understand what you're trying to say here.

Potential is not the same has having to do a lot of learning, if that was the case we should just get someone in who knew nothing about football. They wouldn't have way more potential.

I'm not sure how diligently Sherwood was assessed. Media reports suggested we talked to de Boer and van Gaal before going for Sherwood and it was a decision made mid season with few options available. He's been given a chance, he's said himself that what he has to achieve to keep the job is pretty high up there.

New quotes from LvG overnight. This is c/o Gary Lineker on twitter:

"I will definitely not be in charge for the Euro 2016 Qualification campaign. Normally I go with my pension and go to live in Portugal but maybe there will come a new challenge. I have said before that a challenge should be a club in the Premier Legaue. That is a challenge, maybe Tottenham are coming but, first, we have to go to Brazil"

New quotes from LvG overnight. This is c/o Gary Lineker on twitter:

"I will definitely not be in charge for the Euro 2016 Qualification campaign. Normally I go with my pension and go to live in Portugal but maybe there will come a new challenge. I have said before that a challenge should be a club in the Premier Legaue. That is a challenge, maybe Tottenham are coming but, first, we have to go to Brazil"

They've got more quotes in the Guardian today.

I keep getting back to attitude and mentality like a FIFA representative returning to the buffet at a meeting...

I do think LvG looks like the best option for instilling that attitude, although it's obviously a gamble that can fail. At least it's great to have that option considering how loudly he's publicly courting us.

I do think that this constant speculation and prospective candidates speaking out is destabilising. I am beginning to think that the club should say what its intentions are so that the players can concentrate on the matter in hand.

Back