• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has anything been announced who is taking over from LVG as the Dutch national manager? Is it possible that FdB may be approached?

Hiddink is confirmed.

And Blind will then take over from Hiddink in 2018

They are very organised the Dutch FA

if you take the above poll as a representative, 40% of fans want FdB and 6% want Poch.......and yet it seems Levy wants Poch and is angry at FdB for blabbing to the press. So we get the guy very few Spurs want just because Levy cannot handle being exposed.

Some ITK reckons our owner wants Pochettino but Levy wants Rafa.

No details though and probably BS to be fair.

if you take the above poll as a representative, 40% of fans want FdB and 6% want Poch.......and yet it seems Levy wants Poch and is angry at FdB for blabbing to the press. So we get the guy very few Spurs want just because Levy cannot handle being exposed.

Thank **** Levy doesn't run the club based on straw polls on the internet.

The rest of your post is based purely on speculation from what seems the most dubious of sources.

If a manager openly admits to being courted then its usually a sign he actually doesn't want that job and is just trying to raise his stock. If he actually wanted the job/was close to getting the job he wouldn't be tempted to say anything as it would be news soon enough anyway.

Levy saw it (as would I) as a sign of disrespect to the club and was put off. Even tho its natural for a club to prepare by seeking a new manager, you don't actually go around telling people publicly you have been approached by a club whilst they already have a manager. It undermines and embarrasses everybody involved
FDB forced Levys hand. Levy now has to look elsewhere as he can't be seen desperate by employing somebody who discloses our business

Last edited:
I wonder would the poll be affected by much if people thought that we had a realistic chance of getting Martinez?

I wonder would the poll be affected by much if people thought that we had a realistic chance of getting Martinez?

I wonder if the same people talking about how average pochettino is now were also talking about how average Martínez and Rodgers were when they were managing Swansea and Wigan?

I wonder if the same people talking about how average pochettino is now were also talking about how average Martínez and Rodgers were when they were managing Swansea and Wigan?

I haven't said that Pochettino is average. I think that he has done very well with Southampton. If he is our next manager I'd be pretty happy, especially if he brought Llanana, Shaw and Rodriguez with him. We could settle SCBC's debts for them at a stroke.

I would however prefer Martinez right now. He looks like he is going to be a top top manager.

I haven't said that Pochettino is average. I think that he has done very well with Southampton. If he is our next manager I'd be pretty happy, especially if he brought Llanana, Shaw and Rodriguez with him. We could settle SCBC's debts for them at a stroke.

I would however prefer Martinez right now. He looks like he is going to be a top top manager.

Sorry that actually wasn't meant to be directed at you personally at all, I didn't think that you said he was average.

I just thought the question followed on nicely from your question.

Re: ITK Thread

thats all great but then Levy shouldnt get into a huff if we finish 5th/6th a couple of seasons in a row under Poch and dont win anything either.

initially no, but once he sees the fans jeering and the rags joining in, always a chance that the merry go round restarts.

i just hope that fdb doesn't go on to arsenal to do a wenger for the next decade.

Thank **** Levy doesn't run the club based on straw polls on the internet.

The rest of your post is based purely on speculation from what seems the most dubious of sources.

ahhh like he makes such a good job himself of picking managers :lol: maybe its about time he paid some attention to who the fans actually want.

Yes they were about both - I remember it well as I was keen on both but they were largely dismissed on this site as average....

The reason I voted FDB is that two of our most naturally gifted footballers have played under him and if we've got happy 'big' players, performances go up. I'm not saying they wouldn't like Poch, but it's always good to work with a familiar face no?

Those 3 would cost around £70 million.... Unfortunately we spunked that money last summer so I doubt we'll have anything like that to spend again.

Back