• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Very few signings at this level, apart from academy/youth signings, are plucked out of the wilderness.

Most clubs will have at least heard of, if not intensely scouted, the players that their rivals sign. It's about picking the right one's. Look at Liverpool, everyone and their cat had heard of Sturridge, Coutinho and Suarez by the time Liverpool signed them.

That being said, I wouldn't want Comolli back at all, at least not as a technical/sporting director. Perhaps he's useful as a scout, I have no idea really.

Some people 'highly respected' in the game turned down some of these players too...

I can't see Comolli coming back unless it is as DOF and we have Baldini, whom Levy seems to have faith in. Comolli has publicly spoken of Levy being the best chairman he has ever worked for so I can imagine their relationship is still strong.

So that latest bit from FDB basically means that the club are covering up by making that statement a few days back. We have spoken to Ajax about the possibility of speaking to him in the future.

So that latest bit from FDB basically means that the club are covering up by making that statement a few days back. We have spoken to Ajax about the possibility of speaking to him in the future.

I'm sure it's all to try and prevent a constructive dismissal law suit.

I have to say all these quotes from FDB/FDB's camp at tis time before the season's ended (especially the one where he wants to have control over the way all the different levels of teams play at the club) makes me wonder if it can be really translated as : "Barca, come and get me! You know it makes sense.."

Me paranoid? No....8-[

To me he seems to be making sure that everyone knows that he will be available and looking for a move this summer. Without alienating the Ajax fans and the club.

Then when offers starts rolling in he'll move to whoever seems more appealing to him. Obviously Barca would be at the top of his list if they want him, but I don't think we're just pawns in a game he's playing if that's what you're afraid of.

Some people 'highly respected' in the game turned down some of these players too...

I can't see Comolli coming back unless it is as DOF and we have Baldini, whom Levy seems to have faith in. Comolli has publicly spoken of Levy being the best chairman he has ever worked for so I can imagine their relationship is still strong.

Of course. Everyone has hits and misses in the transfer market, it's very much a game of incomplete information. It's about percentages, or having a good hit rate.

I just think that to be fair to Comolli he's been having some nice hits on some of those long term prospects. And that for this his hit rate is quite good and he probably doesn't deserve all of the criticism aimed at him.

What I dislike about him is that he seems a lot poorer at identifying short term targets to immediately fix shortcomings in a squad or players that can make an immediate first team impact. Seen both with us and with Liverpool.

Of course. Everyone has hits and misses in the transfer market, it's very much a game of incomplete information. It's about percentages, or having a good hit rate.

I just think that to be fair to Comolli he's been having some nice hits on some of those long term prospects. And that for this his hit rate is quite good and he probably doesn't deserve all of the criticism aimed at him.

What I dislike about him is that he seems a lot poorer at identifying short term targets to immediately fix shortcomings in a squad or players that can make an immediate first team impact. Seen both with us and with Liverpool.

From what I've heard about Comolli, statistics are used a lot to find players. Stewart Downing was signed for the fact he had the most crosses in the league the previous season

From what I've heard about Comolli, statistics are used a lot to find players. Stewart Downing was signed for the fact he had the most crosses in the league the previous season

There's been some articles about the kind of statistics used by football managers and scouts, I can't remember where to find any of them now, but I'm almost certain the stats that are being used go beyond basic whoscored.com stats and that they're used to inform decisions. I don't think it's right that "Stewart Downing was signed for the fact he had the most crosses in the league the previous season"

Personally I think Stuart Downing was signed as part of a Dalglish gameplan including Andy Carroll and quite possibly Henderson crossing from the right. A gameplan built around a big traditional centre forward. I don't think it was a particularly bad signing from that perspective although it obviously didn't work out.

I'm not sure how much of that was Comolli to be honest. Seems rather out of character compared to the player types he signed for us and of course the Arsenal system he was a scout in.

i just hope that fdb isn't just using us like hazard did.

I just don't think there'll be a better job available to him any time soon.

We all know he's next but one (after Enrique) in line for the Barca job, but that will be 2-4 years away.

At this point in time, we are a very good fit for each other.

We all know he's next but one (after Enrique) in line for the Barca job, but that will be 2-4 years away.

So who do you think Barca will hire in the summer? i very much doubt it will be Luis Enrique.

Just a stab in the dark here, but I'm guessing you didn't predict the appointment of Tata Martino?

what about arsenal? i think the fans and board have probably had it with wenger, and I'm sure there is a director role for him anytime of his choosing.

what about arsenal? i think the fans and board have probably had it with wenger, and I'm sure there is a director role for him anytime of his choosing.

The Scum's board love Wenger, who else will be purely satisfied with the 4th place trophy and the profits they are making now? the biggest misconception is that anybody in the Scum's organization has any ambition to truly challenge for anything. Highest ticket prices in league +large stadium +CL participation = nice profits.

The majority of the Arsenal board will still be delighted with Wenger as long as he keeps delivering CL without maxing out his transfer budget. Might even get that bloody trophy this season.

The Scum's board love Wenger, who else will be purely satisfied with the 4th place trophy and the profits they are making now? the biggest misconception is that anybody in the Scum's organization has any ambition to truly challenge for anything. Highest ticket prices in league +large stadium +CL participation = nice profits.

You could say they're smart enough to know that they can't compete financially with 3 other teams,so why spend any more than necessary?

I'm sure it's all to try and prevent a constructive dismissal law suit.

I can't see how it could be constructive dismissal.

I think that the club's statement is probably true(ish). My guess is that we have made an approach to Ajax and FDB through agents, so strictly speaking we haven't spoken to Ajax but in reality we have.

Back