• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Moose...that veritable font of accuracy...nah...not buying it at all. Baldy's here to stay methinks.

I agree. There would be no point in holding onto him after AVB's departure if he wasn't here to stay. I've read a couple of accounts that have said that the club were not impressed by Comolli and the feeling was that he talked a good game but delivered bugger all.

He delivered Bale and Modric.

The account I was referring to quoted an unnamed insider as saying that the only player he identified, that was not already on the club's radar, was BAE. Wenger doesn't have a good word to say about him either which is unusual for him.

could be a useful scout maybe?

i was under the impression that Wenger was angry with Commoli for leaving?, hence the animosity - don't think Arsenal have been quite as prolific in the transfer market since he left them

could be a useful scout maybe?

i was under the impression that Wenger was angry with Commoli for leaving?, hence the animosity - don't think Arsenal have been quite as prolific in the transfer market since he left them

My understanding is that Wenger was angered by Commoli over playing his role there. The article suggested that he was a bit a of a bull****ter.

I agree. There would be no point in holding onto him after AVB's departure if he wasn't here to stay. I've read a couple of accounts that have said that the club were not impressed by Comolli and the feeling was that he talked a good game but delivered bugger all.

What I've heard is the opposite, that Levy seeks Comolli's advice regularly still and he's a kind of informal part of the transfer committee along with David Pleat and others. I could see Comolli returning to Spurs, maybe even to work alongside Baldini. He's almost an informal advisor for the club already.

There is no way Comolli should/could return to Spurs

He was constantly trying to undermine others and improve his own position in the club, his main task was to support the manager, he failed miserably, he's failed at every job since.

Anyone want to bring Ramos back because he won the CC?

New quotes this morning from FDB:

"I was interviewed by the NOS and I gave an honest answer. There had been plenty of rumors about the interest from Tottenham. I thought about for a few seconds but I decided to talk openly."

"Spurs haven’t had contact with my agent yet. They have approached Ajax, but that’s it."

"Spurs have let Ajax know they would eventually talk to me when the season’s finished."

"After the last league game I’ll think about it."

New quotes this morning from FDB:

"I was interviewed by the NOS and I gave an honest answer. There had been plenty of rumors about the interest from Tottenham. I thought about for a few seconds but I decided to talk openly."

"Spurs haven’t had contact with my agent yet. They have approached Ajax, but that’s it."

"Spurs have let Ajax know they would eventually talk to me when the season’s finished."

"After the last league game I’ll think about it."

Any chance you can add a link for the source?

He did, a lot of clubs were after Bale and Modric to be fair. They weren't plucked out of the wilderness. And Modric wasn't cheap.

Very few signings at this level, apart from academy/youth signings, are plucked out of the wilderness.

Most clubs will have at least heard of, if not intensely scouted, the players that their rivals sign. It's about picking the right one's. Look at Liverpool, everyone and their cat had heard of Sturridge, Coutinho and Suarez by the time Liverpool signed them.

That being said, I wouldn't want Comolli back at all, at least not as a technical/sporting director. Perhaps he's useful as a scout, I have no idea really.

What I've heard is the opposite, that Levy seeks Comolli's advice regularly still and he's a kind of informal part of the transfer committee along with David Pleat and others. I could see Comolli returning to Spurs, maybe even to work alongside Baldini. He's almost an informal advisor for the club already.

Whoa! How do you know this?? That's very VERY interesting...and a bit worrying if true imo

I have to say all these quotes from FDB/FDB's camp at tis time before the season's ended (especially the one where he wants to have control over the way all the different levels of teams play at the club) makes me wonder if it can be really translated as : "Barca, come and get me! You know it makes sense.."

Me paranoid? No....8-[

Whoa! How do you know this?? That's very VERY interesting...and a bit worrying if true imo

Levy has always been known for keeping a circle of footballing advisers - Pleat and Rosenthal are the two that are supposed to formally sit on the transfer committee, but there's also been quite a few references to SGE, Zahavi and Comolli being people he consults quite a lot over prospective players.

I have to say all these quotes from FDB/FDB's camp at tis time before the season's ended (especially the one where he wants to have control over the way all the different levels of teams play at the club) makes me wonder if it can be really translated as : "Barca, come and get me! You know it makes sense.."

Me paranoid? No....8-[

When it's the right time - possibly.

But FDB also told us to go away in summer 2012 and winter 2013/14 because his work with Ajax wasn't finished.

Ajax's season also finishes a week earlier than ours - hence why there's been so much media speculation and probing about his future over there - his (likely) final match is tomorrow.

Last edited:

Me paranoid? No....8-[

Well, whenever the media are full of stories about how Spurs are talking to X, and especially if there are quotes about how flattered and interested they are, and however much it might look as though this time we aren't just going to get the flan in the face again ... that's usually the time to duck.

Back