• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why are people still mentioning Hoddle? Why would he even be considered for the job at ... Tranmere Rovers, let alone us?

Frank De Boer sounds great to me, but I don't believe it before I see it.

Getting exciting. Still think short term Benitez is best option but I'll get on board the De Boer train.

Interesting....

I just get the feeling that FDB will be a massive flop here with us, sadly.

Whilst not something to be sniffed at (especially 4 consecutive times) but winning the Dutch league with Ajax: does it automatically translate to getting us to punch above our weight and reach top 4? LVG's title win with AZ is much much more significant to me and REALLY showed some tactical/managerial nous.
Competition is much fiercer here in the PL; and what about that cup final 5-1 loss?? Would our defending turn into a joke??

Ok, I liked AVB, and wished he had stayed until the end of the season...what's to say the FDB wont go the same way with us?
To me the main differences with AVB is that he's just managed a couple of years longer in a league of similar competitiveness and has been a high-level player previously (but then so was Mancini...)

Am I being harsh?

"Oh, and Tim, when you've put your personal effects in your car, would you mind giving Frank a hand in with those"

Bma3xJvCQAAkdOI.png

I like the style of football that De Boer encourages. I like that he can link up again with Vertonghen and Eriksen. I like that he has enjoyed success at Ajax.

But what makes him different from AVB? Why will he succeed where AVB failed?

"Oh, and Tim, when you've put your personal effects in your car, would you mind giving Frank a hand in with those"

Bma3xJvCQAAkdOI.png

:ross::ross::ross:

I wonder what TS will be asked in his next press conference regarding our pursuit of FDB?

He might just explode in front of our eyes....you have to wonder why this seems to be being played out right under his nose...even I might feel sorry for him....

.....nah actually I don't...

Interesting....

Whilst not something to be sniffed at (especially 4 consecutive times) but winning the Dutch league with Ajax: does it automatically translate to getting us to punch above our weight and reach top 4? LVG's title win with AZ is much much more significant to me and REALLY showed some tactical/managerial nous.
Competition is much fiercer here in the PL; and what about that cup final 5-1 loss?? Would our defending turn into a joke??

Ok, I liked AVB, and wished he had stayed until the end of the season...what's to say the FDB wont go the same way with us?
To me the main differences with AVB is that he's just managed a couple of years longer in a league of similar competitiveness and has been a high-level player previously (but then so was Mancini...)

Am I being harsh?

Our defending is a joke at the moment so I'm not too concerned that it could get any worse.

I like the style of football that De Boer encourages. I like that he can link up again with Vertonghen and Eriksen. I like that he has enjoyed success at Ajax.

There are no guarantees, but then there wouldn't be even if we got in Mournho or LVG.

However I will say that FDB has had more years in top level management prior to making the jump to the Premier League. AVB had a year with Academica and a very good year at Porto before making the jump to the horror show at Chelsea. FDB has had his four years in the Dutch League as well as the time spent working as the assistant to the Dutch national coach before that.

Once again, i'll tread on some toes here but if we talk about experience in football then de Boer has more because you have to include his playing career. I'm not going down the "only players can be managers" route because I don't believe that, but I do believe experience in the game is what matters be it as a senior proffesional or manager. He has worked under some great managers and no doubt picked up tactics along the way.

Two things for me:

1) He's probably more tolerant of people. AVB had a lot of devotees, but he was also cold to those who fell outside the group (players and press).

2) He carries more authority, because of his playing career and the clubs he's been at

But otherwise I'd say they have very similar philosophies and approaches. He's the ideal candidate to continue the project.

Interesting....

Am I being harsh?

I'd be more optimistic about de Boer being a success at Spurs as we already have a couple of his former Ajax stars here which should provide him with a good foundation for the ethos he wants to instil, whilst Levy was unable to sign the Porto players that AVB so desperately wanted to base his team around. Plus the British press are unlikely to hound FDB straight from the off as they did with AVB when he became our manager.

He played 500 games for Ajax and Barca. Just the 500. And just Ajax and Barca. It ain't no ting. (Although, Sherwood's 500 games in the the English top flight counted for zero to some on here last week, so I wonder if those same people will be dismissing FdB's 500? Meaningless? Or, you know, a bit important? I'd say not nothing.)

Really though, his name counts. He's a proper big time charlie in world football terms. He could suck as a manager I suppose, but he has those 500 games - and he was the absolute fukking bollox as a player at his best - playing under exceptional managers, time with Holland coaching too and a lifetime immersed in Ajax. If he doesn't know a lot about football by now he must be one dumb plank, so my guess is he's not. Motivating players to 4 league titles in a row is pretty impressive too (that slightly alarming cup final defeat aside).

I also see Wiki lists his name as Franciscus de Boer, which means we just have to get him in so we have a manager called and Franciscus. That has to happen.

He played 500 games for Ajax and Barca. Just the 500. And just Ajax and Barca. It ain't no ting. (Although, Sherwood's 500 games in the the English top flight counted for zero to some on here last week, so I wonder if those same people will be dismissing FdB's 500? Meaningless? Or, you know, a bit important? I'd say not nothing.)

Really though, his name counts. He's a proper big time charlie in world football terms. He could suck as a manager I suppose, but he has those 500 games - and he was the absolute fukking bollox as a player at his best - playing under exceptional managers, time with Holland coaching too and a lifetime immersed in Ajax. If he doesn't know a lot about football by now he must be one dumb plank, so my guess is he's not. Motivating players to 4 league titles in a row is pretty impressive too (that slightly alarming cup final defeat aside).

I also see Wiki lists his name as Franciscus de Boer, which means we just have to get him in so we have a manager called and Franciscus. That has to happen.

What exactly is your point? And what is the information you're basing that on? (Without the sarcasm if you don't mind).

What exactly is your point? And what is the information you're basing that on? (Without the sarcasm if you don't mind).

My point is he's a big name in world football with vast playing experience at elite clubs under great managers, and has wide experience at all levels of coaching including 4 domestic titles.

I don't know what your question about where I get my information means.

I don't know what sarcasm you're referring to.

i like the idea of getting a young manager and forging a new spurs way during the same time of the stadium build. sure there are risks but if we can pull it off, it will solidify the club history, making up for our serial manager years, and begin a new chapter in our history. its the - romantic glory glory spurs way for sure.

He wants to go to a club where he can build something? Does he know Mr Levy?

this is the crux of the matter isn't it. given the right players i think avb could be prodded to play attacking football. and we had 7 new players and now even sherwood is complaining about the lack of clear options.

i like the idea of getting a young manager and forging a new spurs way during the same time of the stadium build. sure there are risks but if we can pull it off, it will solidify the club history, making up for our serial manager years, and begin a new chapter in our history. its the - romantic glory glory spurs way for sure.

I agree - the level of risk with FdB is well within acceptable liimts simply because the reward if it goes right is so potentially high (he says he wants to leave a legacy, he's bringing the Ajax bootroom mentality, he'll value technical players, his playing/coaching experience should mean he understands all about big games, derbies, grinding it out when you're playing badly, different opponant styles of play etc.) The major downside risk would be major squad upheaval if it doesn't work, but meh, that's an acceptable risk.

It would be quite a coup to get him, even allowing for his big league inexperience as a manager. I thought we'd have little or no chance. Wouldn't have surprised me if Barca offered him their job - he is the kind of appointment they do make. Arsenal maybe even next year with the Bergkamp connection? Nabbing him now would be some trick by Levy.

almost as interesting to watch as all this malarkey..is GB's meltdown if Frank doesn't come and we announce renewed faith in Timmy for next season..:)

Back