• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i am an effing macaron...but imo we just need a coach to teach the players where and when to run and the player in possession to look up, make the pass and move in anticipation of the next pass...our movement is just very poor and we make dead end runs.

"Oh, and Tim, when you've put your personal effects in your car, would you mind giving Frank a hand in with those"

Bma3xJvCQAAkdOI.png

Would be nice to see de Boer, Vertonghen and Eriksen reunited at Spurs and adding to their trophy collections here... maybe Levy can get Ajax to sign a "strategic partnership" with us, similar to the one Real got him to agree to...

BmAbDnpIQAEdUGO.jpg:small

FDB clearly has something about him. They hadn't won the league for 7 years before he came in. If we get De Boer i am positive we will have a good season and everything could begin to fall into place. Vertonghen might actually stop sulking and start playing like he did last season. Eriksen should continue to thrive and hopefully we can sign Fischer from Ajax as well. Happy Days!

You just know Wenger will announce his surprise retirement shortly, with FdB named as his successor.

Of course they are. Sky odds are SkyBet odds and have to be paid out if that event happens.

They don't intentionally lose money just to convince you of something.

1) the event mostly doesn't happen tho does it? the odds on favourite changes every so often to encourage an influx of bets. in most circumstances the odds on favourite for something changes a few times before eventually being right, so they may pay out on one betting favourite but made there money on the previous 3 favourites that won't turn out to get the job

2) the odds they set are just based on whatever they hear, they have no inside info whatsoever. for example, it was revealed that the FDB approach was actually a month ago but sky just found out yesterday and then all of a sudden make him odds on.

1) the event mostly doesn't happen tho does it? the odds on favourite changes every so often to encourage an influx of bets.

2) the odds they set are just based on whatever they here, they have no inside info whatsoever. for example, it was revealed that the FDB approach was actually a month ago but sky just found out yesterday and then all of a sudden make him odds on.

I don't think you understand odds.

The bookies will set the odds initially based on what they think the likelihood of an event is. People then bet on each of those events and the bookies will change the odds based on what people bet and how much they bet. If people bet on something a lot, they have to reduce the odds to cover their losses - if people don't bet on something the odds have to stay high to make it tempting.

The odds you are seeing now are nothing to do with Sky/Skybet whatsoever and everything to do with the market and where the money is going.

I know of a certain female bulldog with a bank account in Monaco who's probably been throwing money where her little birdie tells her to.

My point is he's a big name in world football with vast playing experience at elite clubs under great managers, and has wide experience at all levels of coaching including 4 domestic titles.

I don't know what your question about where I get my information means.

I don't know what sarcasm you're referring to.

I'm just wondering what it is about FdB that makes the difference for you, and what you base that on?

When we had our Pochettino debate you said that in terms of experience there wasn't much between him and Sherwood. With Pochettino having 2.5 years of La Liga experience and 1.5 of PL experience he has the same amount of managerial experience as Pochettino, only all of that is in one league significantly smaller than La Liga and the PL.

Similarly when talking about Pochettino the rise of Southampton under him was just them meeting expectations based on resources available to them. Obviously 4 league titles in a row is very impressive, but it's still Ajax in the dutch league. It's not some miracle.

So I'm just wondering what it is that sets FdB apart for you. Is it a couple of years managing youth sides and being an assistant at an international level? Seems a bit far fetched to me. Is it the big name and club connections that makes the difference? Are we really making managerial decisions based on playing experience?

I'm not saying that Pochettino is a better options than FdB, for me the two seem pretty close in terms of potential and risk. I'm just wondering what it is about FdB that sets him apart for you?

De Boer has a great football calibre. You can tell he knows an awful lot about the game.

What style have Ajax been using of late? I take it it's in line with their traditional ethos

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/club-statement-300414/

Club statement

Reports that we have made approaches to other clubs regarding coaching staff are wholly inaccurate. We have NOT contacted any club regarding coaching appointments.
We regret that a statement such as this is necessary, however we feel it is important to clarify matters.

So are we calling de Boer a liar?

Or is the devil in the details and we have just approached him and haven't made approaches to other clubs...? ;)

No vote of confidence for Sherwood... Perhaps he has a chance after all? :-#

So are we calling de Boer a liar?

Or is the devil in the details and we have just approached him and haven't made approaches to other clubs...? ;)

No vote of confidence for Sherwood... Perhaps he has a chance after all? :-#

I was about to ask the same thing - it seems very specifically worded to me. We haven't spoken to other clubs, but we may have spoken to agents and managers.

Club statement

Reports that we have made approaches to other clubs regarding coaching staff are wholly inaccurate. We have NOT contacted any club regarding coaching appointments.
We regret that a statement such as this is necessary, however we feel it is important to clarify matters.

Great statement! What is DOESNT say is something to the effect that we already have a manager etc etc

Club statement

This is standard PR bull****, maybe even to placate Sherwood. Contact has been made obviously as De Boer has admitted as much. Maybe he should have kept schtum about the whole thing.

I was about to ask the same thing - it seems very specifically worded to me. We haven't spoken to other clubs, but we may have spoken to agents and managers.

Agents are probably key here.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/apr/23/manchester-united-manager-successor-david-moyes

A somewhat interesting article relating to United's managerial hunt. Highlights how although strictly speaking frowned upon it's almost the responsibility of club officials to use agents as middle men to get the information they need to make the best possible decision for their club. Whilst keeping their own hands more or less clean of pie residue.

Dont understand why we haven't fired him already. CL is no longer possible, EL is a marginal attraction at best with as much upside and downside....better just to get rid and move on

Dont understand why we haven't fired him already. CL is no longer possible, EL is a marginal attraction at best with as much upside and downside....better just to get rid and move on

And do what? hire another interim manager for 2 games? makes no sense.

Back