• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Seven Games

Christ are people really that stupid that they read/hear : "the CL and PL are more of a priority for us than than the domestic cups" and believe that means we don't want to win them?

I hope not. But the words do reflect an attitude of apathy towards the 'lesser' competitions. We do want to win the cups, but we're not that bothered as to give the competitions full attention or respect.

Not really the point though, is it? We did put out a team good enough to win against a severely weakened West Ham side, we put ourselves in a really strong position to get into the quarter finals of what was probably our most winnable trophy, and we completely capitulated.

Anyone who reads my posts on here knows that I am almost always upbeat, but I am still severely tinkled off by Wednesday evening. We were unprofessional. We reinforced the idea that when it comes down to it we are flaky. We put ourselves under more pressure tomorrow, because lose that and the media will be building up the Real game as ‘Spurs set to lose three in a row.’

It was all entirely avoidable. If we didn’t care then play the kids. If we did care, see the game out. As it is, we played a really strong team and fluffed it up. Mourinho is clever enough to have used it over the past few days - to Utd players we’re no longer the team who drew in the Bernabau, not the team who convincingly best Liverpool. We’re the team who threw a two goal lead ‘at home’ to a poor West Ham side.

Anyhow, no more posts from me about Wednesday! Hope we confound my expectations about tomorrow.

If Mourinho is psyching up his team by focusing on our defeat on Wednesday and ignoring the well earned draw in Spain and the emphatic win over Liverpool then I say ‘crack on, Jose’. That would be a foolhardy approach to tomorrrow’s game. Mourinho might be many things but he is not foolhardy and he will be paying absolutely no attention to what happened on Wednesday.

The memories of one of our finest ever seasons, the finance to build the best stadium in England and reinvest in players, the status and form to attract top players, etcetera.
I like your thought process with that. Of course I couldn't help but bristle with Rose saying the players deserved higher wages and the rumors Alderweireld wanted a transfer for higher wages.

Five games into that run - two wins, a draw and two losses. Wins against Bournemouth and Liverpool, draw against Madrid, losses against West Ham and United.

Honestly I'd rather have dropped points vs Palace than lose at OT once again. I'm so fed up with us losing against those mugs, and the constant "Spurs can't beat the top sides away". That united team offered very little, and we really should have won, with or without Kane. But once again it was a disappointing game at old Trafford. Why can't we beat them there? It's very frustrating

All fings considered, this challenging run of games is going nicely.

We've seen famous, hoodoo-smashing victories at Wembley - Liv. & RM - that have suddenly turned that vast stadium into a massive asset. It was pure eye and ear candy to watch and listen to the crowds that turned out for the Liv. and RM matches and can only work in our favour going forward. This is truly an unforeseen benefit from tremendous performances.

We've only lost matches that factored least into expectations. Well, at least into my expectations. And Pochettino's. Yo, we boyz.

Look at how injuries are starting to become a factor. Time off from league cup play will do our players the world of good. Pochettino will love having a week off for recuperation and training in mid-Dec. and twice later in Jan. when the two-legged semis are draining our rivals.

And the match at OT? C'mon. You didn't seriously expect 3 points that day. With Kane out, a draw would have been decent. So, we're one point below expectations in the league and the New Sexy Things in world football. Really important, though, to cap it off with a win against Palace on Saturday.

You just know now that some of our top internationals are going to need down time in the international break and, for once, they'll likely get it. They've come through nicely in this intense Spurs run and really shouldn't receive a ton of playing time with their national sides in friendlies. Those managers and their team mates know what they can do. For WC qualified teams, it's a good time to be tinkering with lineups and having a look at depth players.

We should be in decent shape for the back end of the month, especially with the pressure completely off our trip to Dortmund. Again, a good opportunity to give some playing time to depth players or test out those returning from injuries.

Last edited:
Phew, thank GHod we're through that lot.

Not entirely unscathed though: WDWLLWW. However when you allow for the number of key games against top sides I daresay most of us would have taken it. Especially given the number of injuries sustained along the way.

Now need to get to work on the walking wounded and go again after the international break.

9 points from 12 available in the league - very decent return, just a shame to have dropped points against a rival
4 points from 6 in the CL, and against the CL holders - excellent
lost in the League Cup - who gives a cr ap

Very decent passage of results for us!

Okay, so we finished that run with four wins, a draw and two losses. The losses hurt quite a bit - both were entirely avoidable, and going out of a cup really stings regardless of the circumstances.

But I think, overall, we came through it well. And it's the allocation of wins, draws and losses that's surprising - no one would have expected us to win against Real f*cking Madrid, and conversely, no one would have expected us to lose against West f*cking Ham after being 2-0 up.

Back