• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

If you are going to throw him in then what do you think of Jindřich Trpišovský who knocked Gerrard out of the Europe.

If we are gonna give it to an inexperienced manager still learning on the job we might as well stick with Mason.

However there is an opportunity here to get in Rangnick. If Levy can just take a step back move his office out of the training ground, get rid of Hitchen and allow Rangnick to do with Tottenham what he has done with the RB clubs we will end up the best run club in the League.
I’m not sure if that’s sarcasm - I’m assuming it is, but correct me if I’m wrong. To answer that, I’d say anyone can lose football matches, whether they’re Pep or Parker. All I was saying is I think he’s done a good job and is a potentially intriguing choice. Not that I want him per se. Of who’s left, I actually agree, I want Rangnick and him given free rein to manage the club as he sees fit…

I’m not sure if that’s sarcasm - I’m assuming it is, but correct me if I’m wrong. To answer that, I’d say anyone can lose football matches, whether they’re Pep or Parker. All I was saying is I think he’s done a good job and is a potentially intriguing choice. Not that I want him per se. Of who’s left, I actually agree, I want Rangnick and him given free rein to manage the club as he sees fit…

He has done a reasonable job in a two team league. He won nothing last season. He won 1 of the 3 trophies available this season.
If he wasn't a high profile England player no one would be mentioning him.
Neil Lennon who won the treble the season before would not have been talked about on a Tottenham forum last summer if the managers job was available.
Ronny Deila who won who Scottish League twice in two seasons went back to manage in Norway.
Thats the level of football up there.

Last edited:
Think Rodgers would consider himself too senior to work under Ragnick. Would need a younger in stature manager.

I wouldn’t be against Hasenhüttl coming in as part of the team if came in.

Given Rangnick refused Chelsea as he wanted total control over football matters (allegedly) then the idea of Rangnick as DoF and A.N.Other as Coach would only happen if A.N.Other is Rangnick’s choice. Could see Hasenhüttl hired in that scenario (after he’s been sacked by Southampton!)
Pure speculation of course.

Should probably wait to see who we end up with first, no?

There were a few that thought we only had to offer it to Rodgers and he’d be here. Others thought Ten Hag was a done deal if we made the call.

Truth is, our targets are intelligent people. They can see that at least half of our squad is done and that there won’t be much money around to finance a rebuild. And even if there is, they’ll have next to no say as to who comes in.

No wonder Ajax and Leicester look like better, and safer, propositions.

Are we likely to appoint someone in his 60s? Not convinced that fits Levy's profile

Ralph R is also in his 60s.

With Gasperini you get attacking football, proven Champions League record and knows how to work with a budget. When his team win, they destroy teams.

I also think he would come.

Given Rangnick refused Chelsea as he wanted total control over football matters (allegedly) then the idea of Rangnick as DoF and A.N.Other as Coach would only happen if A.N.Other is Rangnick’s choice. Could see Hasenhüttl hired in that scenario (after he’s been sacked by Southampton!)
Pure speculation of course.

He turned down Chelsea because they only offered him the role of a caretaker basis

Back