• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next 3 Games

Re: Next 12 Games

In what world would on only one Liverpool player get in our current team?

I'd keep Lloris and it's a toss up between Walker and Johnson on current form, but you wouldn't take Agger alongside Vertonghen? You wouldn't have a left footed fullback (Cissokho)? You wouldn't take Sturridge? I'll admit that we may shade the midfield battle with Sandro just edging Lucas but Gerrard has got a creative spark from deep that none of our midfielders have. Yes I'd still take Dembele and Sandro but only because I think they offer a better workrate.

Lets be honest, firstly they are a team not a bunch of players struggling to play in a team and they are playing some good football. I agree that shackling Suarez is the key to the game, but they have many competent passers and two attacking fullbacks. They have a good fluid system. Coutinho has been a ghost of his former self since back from injury but we all know the lad can create things and Gerrard if not closed down early will quarterback for them all game. I'm not saying we haven't a chance. What I am saying is do not underestimate them because they are in form.

For what it's worth, Mumorn, I wanted to give that post some rep. The site won't let me, apparently I need to 'spread some rep around' first. If only more people spoke sense, eh?

Yes, the young French international who can play centre half as well as left back. Suppose we could stick with naughton though.

The lad who cost £18m and has so far struggled in every game? He makes Dawson look mobile from what I've seen of him

I like Enrique but you have to question why they keep on looking at alternatives to him

Likewise Sturrridge has been sold by two clubs who clearly didn't see in him what they wanted. I've always rated him as a finisher but he is very similar to. Defoe IMO

Agger is ok but not great by any means IMO. Lucas is under rated but again certainly no better than we have and Gerrard is a hundred years old now

Nothing between walker and johnson except walker is quicker which helps cover the system we play

So I really don't see anything that great in the Liverpool side. They look to me like the rely on one player (sound familiar)

The lad who cost £18m and has so far struggled in every game? He makes Dawson look mobile from what I've seen of him

I like Enrique but you have to question why they keep on looking at alternatives to him

Likewise Sturrridge has been sold by two clubs who clearly didn't see in him what they wanted. I've always rated him as a finisher but he is very similar to. Defoe IMO

Agger is ok but not great by any means IMO. Lucas is under rated but again certainly no better than we have and Gerrard is a hundred years old now

Nothing between walker and johnson except walker is quicker which helps cover the system we play

So I really don't see anything that great in the Liverpool side. They look to me like the rely on one player (sound familiar)

I agree with you on Sakho, hasn't looked good so far. Very early days though.

I think they're looking for backup options to Enrique, why they signed Cissokho on loan. Sakho is more someone who can play as a left back, but he is a natural centre back and unlikely to be an alternative to Enrique.

Sturridge forced his move from City iirc, they didn't sell him because they didn't see what they wanted in him. Like you I think he's a bit overrated, but he's having a much better season than both Soldado and Defoe.

Agger was a top class centre back, but he's struggled with injuries. Gerrard would get in alongside Sandro in our team quite easily I think.

Johnson is a better passer, better crosser, has a better left foot and is more experienced.

They do rely on Suarez, but their results and performances without him early in the season were good/great. I think they have more to them than you think.

The thing I would say about Liverpool is that their 2 most influential players are unlikely to be there much longer; Gerrard due to age, Suarez due to him moving away to one of the world's top sides.

When you take those two out, it will take them some time to pick up again imo. For this season though, they are a pretty big threat.

The thing I would say about Liverpool is that their 2 most influential players are unlikely to be there much longer; Gerrard due to age, Suarez due to him moving away to one of the world's top sides.

When you take those two out, it will take them some time to pick up again imo. For this season though, they are a pretty big threat.

The lack of Europe is their biggest benefit but it also means Suarez will be linked with the top sides in Jan

MASSIVE 8 days starting next Sunday.

Liverpool

Spammers

Southampton

I don't really give a **** about Christmas presents, but some good results here wouldn't go amiss.

OK. This is gonna be a shock to a few here but it really shows just how fecking good we were last season.

We ARE still +2 for same teams last season but here are the next 12 games for same teams as last season.

A FULHAM 3-0
A SUNDERLAND 2-1

H LIVERPOOL 2-1
A SOTON 2-1
H WBA 1-1
H STOKE 0-0
A MAN UTD 3-2
H PALACE QPR 2-1
A SWANSEA 2-1
H Emirates Marketing Project 3-1
A HULL Reading 3-1
H EVERTON 2-2

That is 9 wins and 3 draws.

Two down..

Good performances would be great - we've been so poor to watch so far this season.

Quite funny that Liverpool have played pretty much as well as they possible could play so far this season, whilst we've been average. Yet if we win next Sunday, we'll be level on points with them!

Good performances would be great - we've been so poor to watch so far this season.

Quite funny that Liverpool have played pretty much as well as they possible could play so far this season, whilst we've been average. Yet if we win next Sunday, we'll be level on points with them!

They really haven't, they've just got two strikers in great form.

I think our next two games are extremely difficult. Liverpool at home isn't easy. They play good football and have some real dangerous players in Coutinho and Suarez in particular. Lucas being in the team has been big for them too, just mops up everything and has stopped teams from playing, We should take a leaf out of Arsenals book when it comes to playing Liverpool at home, they were brilliant against them and really showed the gulf in quality.

Not the Liverpool OMT thread

i wanna talk about the Liverpool game but there's nowhere to do it until Thursday's thread is unstickied, so i present to you the Not the Liverpool OMT thread!

so, they'll have Sturridge and possibly Gerrard out, which is a big blow.... hamstring injury picked up today. from the Beeb -

"The assist was Gerrard's final contribution before he pulled up with a hamstring injury that could cause concern for Rodgers and England boss Hodgson."

of course Suarez is a huge threat, as could be Coutinho. i still think they overplay at the back at times and take risks, and it seems we're getting back on the horse.

will we have players back? Jan, Vlad from injury - any news? and will Soldado get the nod - surely he'd have finished one of JD's chances today.

we'll also need a solid 90 for Lloris, but i'm way more hopeful than just a week or so ago since shipping 6 at City. Andros had a great cameo today, Walker and Lennon were really, really good.

hopefully we'll play at least a Wonky with one winger on his orthodox side rather than 2 x inverteds.

in short, i can't wait for the game. i hope we make wholesale changes on Thursday to get as much rest in as possible.

after our perceived poor start, we're better off by a point at the same stage as last season, and we're just a win away from the top spots.

credit the boys and AVB; shown some character this week.

Re: Not the Liverpool OMT thread

:cry:

edit: Let's do it in here instead and pray the OMT gods did not notice.

Bizarre isnt it.

My boss (City fan and ST holder) came to visit me on Friday. Obviously gave me plenty of stick for the 6-0, but for all the hype about how dangerous they look and how they have scored 41 goals to our 15, we're only 2pts behind this goal-machine.

For me Gerrard being not 100% is a big plus. Even if he does shake it off in time for our match, he still would have had to sit out for a few days and likely will be a late fitness test at best. Henderson will likely take his spot and even though I can see the plus sides to his game, he doesn't worry me as much.

Back