• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
This is the crux of it - there's another man out there in Marcelo Gallardo who achieved miracles with a recently relegated River Plate, is younger, and would 100% be interested in the role given he's worked with far larger basket cases than us and turned them into champions of South America multiple times.

We don't appear to have even registered that he's available. Instead we're seemingly going all in on Ange from Celtic, who play in a tinpot league your grandmother could probably win without getting out of bed.

If he's appointed, he has my backing, same as any other coach. And frankly I like him on a personal level - the things @tommysvr has been posting about him have convinced me in that sense, and he seems a good human being and a humble, self-assured bloke.

But Nuno was, too. And I'm not going to sit here and pretend he isn't the cheap and easy option, mate - and I agree with you on the constraints ENIC sadly impose in that regard.

The Gallardo thing frustrates me, he should have been on the list (even if not final choice)

How do any of us know what the real list of targets was?

We don't (despite others protestations)

But, I do think there is a bit of pre-work (agent reach out) that often is what gets caught by the media and starts the rumours, the fact that Gallardo has almost never been mentioned is probably indicative.

Aka whatever approach is needed to minimise any negativity that might be directed at Spurs and the board. It's actually funny to watch the contortions people make to make it all sound good. [emoji1787]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

You make a good point ( as usual) but you have to also look at all the doom and gloom merchants who get most of their thoughts of the events from the cess pit of T wa tter etc.:)

You make a good point ( as usual) but you have to also look at all the doom and gloom merchants who get most of their thoughts of the events from the cess pit of T wa tter etc.:)
The thing is some on here are happy to believe we are just getting rejected left, right and centre based on nothing more than two bob journos. I don't doubt we have had conversations, but nothing that has led to offering a guy the job as of yet. Take a look at Slot - the media reported he wanted and even had accepted the job to be next Spurs manager. Two days later Slot announces he is staying at Feyenord. The same media who said he is joining us now say Slot rejected us - but of course we should be be listening to them, they really know what's going ono_O To compound that Slot himself says he never spoke to anyone. But of course why would you believe the man himself when there are a load of journos relying on clicks to get paid - they are a much more believable source.....

The thing is some on here are happy to believe we are just getting rejected left, right and centre based on nothing more than two bob journos. I don't doubt we have had conversations, but nothing that has led to offering a guy the job as of yet. Take a look at Slot - the media reported he wanted and even had accepted the job to be next Spurs manager. Two days later Slot announces he is staying at Feyenord. The same media who said he is joining us now say Slot rejected us - but of course we should be be listening to them, they really know what's going ono_O To compound that Slot himself says he never spoke to anyone. But of course why would you believe the man himself when there are a load of journos relying on clicks to get paid - they are a much more believable source.....

Its amazes me that there are so many folks who believe everything they read on T w a tter and the likes and then foam at the mouth with anger etc.

My point is essentially my last sentence.

And no, it's not just posters having 'reservations'. People are flat out saying it's a bad choice, he will be sacked within a season. If a poster says the facts ie his teams play good football and has shown he can turn a clubs fortunes about, but I have concerns he is yet to do it in one of the big leagues then that would be fair enough. The fact that Brighton with their statistical analaysis identified him as a serious candidate speaks volumes for me.

I think a lot of people are being short sighted and can't see beyond the fact he hasn't managed in one of the major leagues. Would people of reacted any different to this had we got de Zebri a year ago? Nope. I'm with you in that Nagelsman is the outstanding choice but if for whatever reason he can't be employed I'm all for Ange. His teams play football the right way, and there's something about his personality that tells me he's got what it takes. Every manager we look to employ has its risks, the fact he hasn't managed in one of the major leagues is the only risk I can see - but, it's one I'm willing to accept the gamble on and certainly has my support....
The thing that worries me about Nagelsmann is that he may lose the dressing room eventually. Sure we'll see improvement initially, much as we did under Conte, but will he be able to keep the players on board long term? He appears too aloof to me. With Ange I am pretty confident this will never happen.

And at the end of the day, that's what you really need in a manager. We have quality players. We just need someone that will instill belief in them and have them play football that is fun. He seems to tick both these boxes.

Conte was backed
Conte chose not use players
That’s on him
To have so many new signings not get a reasonable percentage of game time is on him
I'd think Conte would play the players he wanted... Like perisic.

He was supported with new players but I don't think he wanted them specifically.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I am quite amenable to the thought of us appointing Poste as the next Spurs manager. I cannot claim to be an expert on him but I like the fact that wherever he has been his teams play attacking football. I am aware that there are a large number of snobs among the Tottenham faithful and they are not happy because he is not proven in any of the top leagues in Europe.

But then who can forget that Conte and Mourinho between them had 13 league titles, 2 champions league titles, a Europa Cup trophy and a stack of domestic cups, but still managed to stink the place out with their boring low block defensive football.

If we can sign him next week I am game.

Last edited:
I'd think Conte would play the players he wanted... Like perisic.

He was supported with new players but I don't think he wanted them specifically.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Zero chance the club bought Richi as a backup as an option, that is a specific Conte play.

I'd say Perisic, Bissouma, Richi, Porro, Bentaleb & Deki are all specific Conte buys

His failure to incorporate Richi, Bissouma plus at least one of Gil, Sarr, Spence, Danjuma into the team is a damning view on his inflexibility/ability as a coach

I have listened to a number of pundits that no a lot about him and two main positives they focus on are his man management and philosophy of attacking football.

Zero but you're missing my point. You can't think of modern football in absolutes. If you only watch women's football, you might think some of these players are outstanding when, in reality, most of them wouldn't make it as professionals in a men's team. Likewise, in a poor league, you could play a brand of football that's very pleasing to the eye but inefficient against stronger opposition.

If you take a broader view, J.League isn't at the top of Asian club football and it could be argued that Asian club football is roughly on a par with African club football. My post, despite the wrong stat about the number of J.League Champions League winners, was about results. If I'm told the J.League is competitive, I want to test that idea against different level of competitions.

I respect your opinion. But in mine, the J.League is far and away the best league in Asia.

I just love thr fact that all of these posti supporters are now coming out and defending him to the hilt when there was hardly a whisper when Conte left. Not even as strong words to support their choice ... all of a sudden we have experts that have watched the j league, aussie football etc ... then forming their opinions on what others have written ...

I mentioned him in 2021 and again after the Villa game on the 2nd of January this year. He’s been my pick for a while, and I’m sure people are sick of it. I’m an Australian living in Japan and so I think I am (in a very unprofessional I’m-just-a-fan way) reasonably well qualified to comment on him.

The thing that intrigues me most about Ange is that he doesn't have a backroom staff - everyone that he has worked with at Celtic was already there, so wondering how he will build that out.

He brought in Harry Kewell, who I’m not a fan of - stretching back to him as a 13 year old pledging allegiance to England but then only being good enough for Australia. But I do have absolutely faith in who Ange employs in to support him.

Back