• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Paratici - all the Italian links follow.
Munn - suddenly it's Ange.

Manager search or mates club?
You're Scott Munn. You just got hired by one of the 10 richest clubs in the world. Your first task is to fill the most key position at the club: manager. And the first thing you think about is to go for "one of your mates," rather than who is the best fit? Seriously? That's lazy journalist stuff right there.

Did it ever occur to you that Ange may actually fit the bill and the fact that him and Munn are both Australian is just a coincidence?

61 days and on it rumbles…
So what? We were never getting a permanent manager until the season was over. Had we sacked Conte on matchday 37, it would have been 12 days, but would that have been more positive as far as our manager search is concerned? If anything, we may have been further behind whee we are now.

I'd think Conte would play the players he wanted... Like perisic.

He was supported with new players but I don't think he wanted them specifically.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
And that’s the kicker
If he didn’t have want them he should have done done something

You're Scott Munn. You just got hired by one of the 10 richest clubs in the world. Your first task is to fill the most key position at the club: manager. And the first thing you think about is to go for "one of your mates," rather than who is the best fit? Seriously? That's lazy journalist stuff right there.

Did it ever occur to you that Ange may actually fit the bill and the fact that him and Munn are both Australian is just a coincide
nce?

I actually not. We've seen plenty of examples across the footballing world that that is how a lot of things work.

Of course it occurred to me, I've already referenced why my curiosity exits; timing. It doesn't appear Ange was on our radar pre Munn. It appears he is now. It's a genuine curiosity.
Re; Ange, I have absolutely no view on his ability or suitability. I thought he was a dessert.

Did it ever occur to you that Ange may actually fit the bill and the fact that him and Munn are both Australian is just a coincidence?

I think the Australian thing is lazy. I think the CFG thing has merit (Munn in China and Ange in Japan with Marinos.) However, Munn did discuss appointing Ange when he was at Melbourne Heart: https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...t/news-story/6371a0662217d83d114f1a63768e981e

Zero chance the club bought Richi as a backup as an option, that is a specific Conte play.

I'd say Perisic, Bissouma, Richi, Porro, Bentaleb & Deki are all specific Conte buys

His failure to incorporate Richi, Bissouma plus at least one of Gil, Sarr, Spence, Danjuma into the team is a damning view on his inflexibility/ability as a coach
I'm not convinced Richarlison was a Conte signing. He never really integrated him or played him in a position he was familiar with during Son's extended poor period. He feels very much like a preemptive replacement for Kane when he leaves.

The rest I do agree fit both Conte system as well as his usual expectations. Richarlison I'm just not convinced.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I mentioned him in 2021 and again after the Villa game on the 2nd of January this year. He’s been my pick for a while, and I’m sure people are sick of it. I’m an Australian living in Japan and so I think I am (in a very unprofessional I’m-just-a-fan way) reasonably well qualified to comment on him.

He brought in Harry Kewell, who I’m not a fan of - stretching back to him as a 13 year old pledging allegiance to England but then only being good enough for Australia. But I do have absolutely faith in who Ange employs in to support him.

This explains a lot of the tone of your recent posts. You are a spurs fan no doubt but your sentiment at times is from a completely different angle ... not bad or good just different. Not going to knock anyone for having an opinion, I just disagree with a lot of your posts.

I personally don't think any manager will have the chance of success under the dynamics of how we are currently run as a club ... if the manager gets a lot of luck then it's a masterstroke by levy but if he doesn't then it's just brushed under the carpet as yet another incompetent manager.

This explains a lot of the tone of your recent posts. You are a spurs fan no doubt but your sentiment at times is from a completely different angle ... not bad or good just different. Not going to knock anyone for having an opinion, I just disagree with a lot of your posts.

I personally don't think any manager will have the chance of success under the dynamics of how we are currently run as a club ... if the manager gets a lot of luck then it's a masterstroke by levy but if he doesn't then it's just brushed under the carpet as yet another incompetent manager.
It was the massive "G'day" sign in front of the world famous landmark that tipped you off wasn't it?!

It depends what you class as success.

If Levy gets the right structure behind a manager like Ange, Slot, De Zerbi etc then we can in time compete for and achieve occasional top 4 qualification.

What we wont do imo is become genuine title challengers consistently under enic. It is just about possible within the constrains enic put the club in if everything comes together spectacularly in terms of manager, recruitment, luck with youth development etc as Poch showed but its extremely unlikely.

New owners who are prepared to offer some reasonable financial support each summer to complement what the club makes, is the only way we can consistently compete for the title imo.

I'm not convinced Richarlison was a Conte signing. He never really integrated him or played him in a position he was familiar with during Son's extended poor period. He feels very much like a preemptive replacement for Kane when he leaves.

The rest I do agree fit both Conte system as well as his usual expectations. Richarlison I'm just not convinced.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I'm with you on that. Conte didnt seem to want to use him much and I think Conte would have preferred, for example, £20m spent on a back-up CF and £40m on a CB

So what? We were never getting a permanent manager until the season was over. Had we sacked Conte on matchday 37, it would have been 12 days, but would that have been more positive as far as our manager search is concerned? If anything, we may have been further behind whee we are now.

So what?

Well, while City, Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, United, Liverpool and just about everybody else crack on behind the scenes getting themselves organised for next season, we’re still faffing around without a DoF or a manager.

Now, how did things unfold the last time we found ourselves in the same position…?

7A2409CF-5EEB-4A00-AD41-0A649C79A879.jpeg

Article about Ange here. Very positive comments from Pep and others in there about him

https://www.football.london/tottenh...e-postecoglou-levy-tottenham-manager-27041970

It can be a bit of a wishy washy term in football but the more I've read the more I think he help get forge something of an identity around the club and get people pulling together in the right direction.

I haven't extensively followed the thread so my bad if it's been said before but Ange seems like the manager that could come in to a lower PL team and have us thinking "We definitely should have taken a chance on him" a la De Zerbi.

The reality is that what managers like Jose and Conte achieved at Chelsea / Inter / Madrid etc was never really something that would transfer well in to our circumstance as well as the method of operating. It'll sound like an odd kind of self burn aimed at the club but the last thing I'd want is someone like Ancelotti so we can go through the same problems that come getting one of the most renowned coaches who expects to win (apart from at Everton of course).

It's fresh energy and someone on the way up with ambition to stick around to see things out as well, the kind of manager who'd see it as an honor to manage us but also not be overwhelmed.

Of course now I am getting my hopes up re the idea no doubt there'll be a new contract announced after the Scottish cup final and I'll have to work out more pros for a potential Allardyce or Sherwood mk ii

It can be a bit of a wishy washy term in football but the more I've read the more I think he help get forge something of an identity around the club and get people pulling together in the right direction.

Yes, this is badly needed at the moment, and getting that attacking identity reformed is, I think, priority number 1 for the next manager

Feels like that Postecoglou will be our manager this time next week (tempting fate I know)

So what?

Well, while City, Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, United, Liverpool and just about everybody else crack on behind the scenes getting themselves organised for next season, we’re still faffing around without a DoF or a manager.

Now, how did things unfold the last time we found ourselves in the same position…?

View attachment 15581

The DOF gap is a bigger problem for the reason you mention

I'm with you on that. Conte didnt seem to want to use him much and I think Conte would have preferred, for example, £20m spent on a back-up CF and £40m on a CB
Conte didn’t use bissouma much
I think it’s just his way of mismanaging his squad

All going very

1997-11-20t000000z_1_mt1aci155038_rtrmadp_3_england-soccer-tot.jpg

So what?

View attachment 15581
You think we should appoint the first available manager, even if he's not the right fit? Or go for the first available big name one? If last time around taught us anything it's exactly that. We don't need to have a manager in right now. We need one in by the end of the month. And I want us to take all the time in the world to get it right, even if it puts us behind the eight ball for the start of the season.

Now as far as a DoF is concerned, that's another story. But there too, we should be thorough. We're not sitting on our hands, you know. Whether you like Levy or not, that's one thing you can't criticize him for.

Article about Ange here. Very positive comments from Pep and others in there about him

https://www.football.london/tottenh...e-postecoglou-levy-tottenham-manager-27041970
Another one about Ange's philosophy. I'm really warming up to the guy. (underlines are from me)

"I've been doing this for close to 25 years now. There's some basic beliefs I have, values I have, not just in football but in life that have steered my whole career, that I've stuck really close to. One of them is that I like my teams to play football that all players want to play and all supporters want to watch," the 57-year-old said.

"It sounds easy but we know that when you're behold to the result and trying to win games you can easily get lost in that world of chasing wins and results and adjusting your process. I've tried to remain consistent. How I've delivered that and how I've managed that during my career has changed as the game has changed and the way we train has changed. The way we give information has changed.

"But I've always been intent on building teams that supporters love to watch and the way 99% of footballers want to play. We start off as seven, eight or nine-year-olds playing the street with the ball at our feet and we loved scoring goals. We loved to tackle, we loved the action. We weren't worried about tactics or results then, we just wanted to play the game and I've tried to come up with a system that replicates that but also knowing that ultimately I'm going to be judged by winning games of football and I love winning, so I've tried to marry both and so far it's worked well."

"It's easier in this part of the world to say 'I love football and I want a career in it' and then there's the path for you. In Australia every step you take you've got to earn. I've had to do that as a manager even more so. All along the way I simply refuse to yield to anybody or feel inferior to anybody, just because I was born on the other side of the world.

"There was no one as passionate, I guarantee you, as I was when I was a kid about football. I was obsessed by it and I've made it my life's journey to just keep educating myself so I don't feel inferior when I keep getting put in different circumstances. I didn't feel like that at the World Cup, I didn't feel like that in Japan and I certainly don't feel like that over here.

"I understand that my track record isn't up there with the best in the world but I don't feel that that's representative of who I am. I will back myself against anyone. I'll back the football club against anybody. It doesn't always mean you'll be successful but from my perspective I'm not going to go into any contest feeling inferior or like I'm trying to mitigate disaster. I'm going in there to make an impact."

Back