• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
We need to get a cheap manager who can manage a cheap team. Its the reality, Levy admitted that Enic can't compete with oligarchs and consortia.

My view is that Conte is still not getting the players he wants. Not just I'm buying but also selling. His repeated comments about short contract and long overhaul duration feels politically correct and politically charged at the same time.

We need to get a cheap manager who can manage a cheap team. Its the reality, Levy admitted that Enic can't compete with oligarchs and consortia.

My view is that Conte is still not getting the players he wants. Not just I'm buying but also selling. His repeated comments about short contract and long overhaul duration feels politically correct and politically charged at the same time.

No we can't compete with nation states or utd on spending. But we are not poor. Even Saudi Sportswashing Machine are limited by the spending rules. Especially if they get in europe.

Just voted for Carrick! I feel he owes us!

my word the poch tidal wave is going to consume everything in its path. My swimming trunks will be swept away as you all guffaw at my tiny shrivelled schnitzel.

Levy will do it to stop the peasants revolting.

you bunch of buggers!

I feel a little alienated and sad, why can’t I feel like 2/3 of you do!

Just take a little fix of Amsterdam and join the dreamers

Think i'm going for enrique. Wouldn't mind poch. Gallardo still not sure about. De zerbie, kompany seem flavour of the month. Carrick no. No to tuchel aswell conte almost caught him for 3rd last season with an inferior squad.

What I like about Kompany is his attacking mentality. He wants his team to score goals and that would make a refreshing change. Plus he likely knows something from having worked with Guardiola. He wouldn’t be my number 1 choice but I wouldn’t be all that opposed to it if it came to be.

What I like about Kompany is his attacking mentality. He wants his team to score goals and that would make a refreshing change. Plus he likely knows something from having worked with Guardiola. He wouldn’t be my number 1 choice but I wouldn’t be all that opposed to it if it came to be.

Would just like a bit of a bigger sample size for kompany and de zerbie. Parker has won the championship with 2 teams now. Playing decent football. Not sure any of us would want him at the moment though.

It's an interesting call - someone who has only worked in 3 pub leagues (Australia, Japan and Scotland). Has he shown any more than say Gerrard?

I know De Zerbi was a bit left field for Brighton, but he'd had 3 years of miracle working at the most exciting un-doped upwardly mobile club in Europe (Sassuolo)

Gerrard is only a manager because he was a good footballer, like many. Postecoglu was not. He's had to grind it out to get every opportunity, nothing is ever given to him on the back of status. Just merit. And he's won everywhere he's gone. His achievements in Japan far outweigh anything he'll ever do in Scotland, as does winning the Asian Cup with Australia. Dismiss those all you like, those of us who saw those successes know.

Scotland might be misleading in many cases. It's not with him. He'll end up in the Premier League one day and if it's not with us we'll be disappointed.

If the next manager is not Poch, it should be Ange.

No we can't compete with nation states or utd on spending. But we are not poor. Even Saudi Sportswashing Machine are limited by the spending rules. Especially if they get in europe.

yeah its a given and we have many years to pay off huge loans, so might be better getting a manager without a winning track record or who hasn't worked with top players just in case its hard for them to wean off expecations and that kind of luxury that we can't afford. one who can take advantage of the excellent facilities and develop players for sale, like how chelsea has done to boost its finances. even if it means selling out top players - berbs, modric, bale etc. to be able to take more risks and have strong activity in rejuvenating and strengthening the entire team in meaningful way for long term quality growth.

at this stage we really need to restore the spurs attacking football heritage and win back the crowds.

Kompany is well respected and is young enough to attract players too. Won't mind him at all.

Gerrard is only a manager because he was a good footballer, like many. Postecoglu was not. He's had to grind it out to get every opportunity, nothing is ever given to him on the back of status. Just merit. And he's won everywhere he's gone. His achievements in Japan far outweigh anything he'll ever do in Scotland, as does winning the Asian Cup with Australia. Dismiss those all you like, those of us who saw those successes know.

Scotland might be misleading in many cases. It's not with him. He'll end up in the Premier League one day and if it's not with us we'll be disappointed.

I voted Poch but if Ange had been in the poll I would have been tempted to vote Ange. I like they way his team's. Play & he improves players. How he won the Asian cup with the players he had was remarkable

Would love me a Greek (he was born in Greece to Greek parents) at the helm of Spurs, but I wonder why at 57 he still hasn't landed a more high profile appointment than Celtic. I appreciate what he did in Japan over 3 seasons, but I would rather go with Gallardo who has done it over 8 seasons in a much tougher league and has won trophies in the second toughest international competition.

And in a game like yesterday's a Gallardo team would have done the job. There is no better manager at preparing a team for a high stakes game. If we want to win cups, he's one of the best at it.

Would love me a Greek (he was born in Greece to Greek parents) at the helm of Spurs, but I wonder why at 57 he still hasn't landed a more high profile appointment than Celtic. I appreciate what he did in Japan over 3 seasons, but I would rather go with Gallardo who has done it over 8 seasons in a much tougher league and has won trophies in the second toughest international competition.

And in a game like yesterday's a Gallardo team would have done the job. There is no better manager at preparing a team for a high stakes game. If we want to win cups, he's one of the best at it.

Having seen your posts about him over the past few days, I think you'd even pick Gallardo over peak Alex Ferguson! ;)

Conte has a better win rate at spurs than gallardo does at river (a team who were champions when he took over and the most successful team in argentina).

The same could be said of Gallardo 8 seasons & no one has tried to lure him away. I think Ange would have done the job yesterday. In fact any decent manager could have done a better job than Conte Yesterday

I won't bang on about him too much more, but one of the things that impresses me about Ange so much is how he bounces back from...and actually seems to thrive on being written off. Until 2011, he was defined by this on-air argument about the youth team not qualifying for the World Cup:

He was written off as a coach, only to come back and win the A-League and set an Australian football record of 36 games unbeaten. "But it's only the A-League."

He then took over the national team in 2013 and somehow turned that team into continental champions. "But it's only Asia."

He quit that job shortly before the 2018 World Cup because he didn't agree with the FA. He wanted to setup a national team program to try and win the World Cup. The FA only cared about qualifying (sound familiar?) so he stepped down and moved to Japan. A move that many people were shocked by. Giving up a World Cup to manage in Japan?

He then won the J.League in his 2nd season, Yokohama F Marinos' first in 15 years. He also managed to help redefine Japanese football. "But it's only the J.League."

He then went to Scotland, where the general reaction was summed up by Alan Brazil:

He's since turn Celtic around and won a bunch of things. "But it's only Scotland."

Yes, none of these things are the Premier League. But we'd be foolish to think we're better than him. I think he's exactly the level and the type of manager we need. Someone who will absolutely unite the fans, who'll make us enjoyable to watch again.

Here's a bit more of his personality, and I love his story about his dad's reaction to winning the Asian Cup

(No, I'm not his agent!)

Last edited:
I won't bang on about him too much more, but one of the things that impresses me about Ange so much is how he bounces back from...and actually seems to thrive on being written off. Until 2011, he was defined by this on-air argument about the youth team not qualifying for the World Cup:

He was written off as a coach, only to come back and win the A-League and set an Australian football record of 36 games unbeaten. "But it's only the A-League."

He then took over the national team in 2013 and somehow turned that team into continental champions. "But it's only Asia."

He quit that job shortly before the 2018 World Cup because he didn't agree with the FA. He wanted to setup a national team program to try and win the World Cup. The FA only cared about qualifying (sound familiar?) so he stepped down and moved to Japan. A move that many people were shocked by. Giving up a World Cup to manage in Japan?

He then won the J.League in his 2nd season, Yokohama F Marinos' first in 15 years. He also managed to help redefine Japanese football. "But it's only the J.League."

He then went to Scotland, where the general reaction was summed up by Alan Brazil:

He's since turn Celtic around and won a bunch of things. "But it's only Scotland."

Yes, none of these things are the Premier League. But we'd be foolish to think we're better than him. I think he's exactly the level and the type of manager we need. Someone who will absolutely unite the fans, who'll make us enjoyable to watch again.

Here's a bit more of his personality, and I love his story about his dad's reaction to winning the Asian Cup

(No, I'm not his agent!)

Thing is. Most managers we're linked with have won leagues and cups. Conte has won what 7 leagues (if you include serie b) and 3 cups. Yes it's only a league and j league and scottish prem. Because the most successful managers from those leagues go to better leagues and face off against better coaches. Then rinse and repeat.

He may be the next arsene wenger. He may be the next steven gerrard. We don't know yet.

Conte has a better win rate at spurs than gallardo does at river (a team who were champions when he took over and the most successful team in argentina).
It's more than just win rates, though. It's a lot of the intangibles. And again, River were not the Bayern of the Argentinean league in the past 25 years, so a much much tougher job than managing a Bayern or a PSG. Plus the board wanted to prioritize international competitions (where they were very successful), which caused their domestic form to suffer somewhat.

Last edited:
The same could be said of Gallardo 8 seasons & no one has tried to lure him away. I think Ange would have done the job yesterday. In fact any decent manager could have done a better job than Conte Yesterday
One difference: Gallardo is 46 and at the start of his career. Postecoglou is 57 and has been around for a while. And some of the best managers around have said that Gallardo is easily one of the top managers in the world. Haven't heard the same about Postecoglou (who by all accounts seems to be a lovely bloke). Gallardo could have probably left in 2018 for Monaco, but it was his choice to stay at River. He was also linked to Barcelona in 2019. So I think there is a bit of a difference between the two.

Back