• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
I think, and this is against my previous thoughts, that Levy needs to be brave and appoint a manager that has attaching intent in their football, young, and in a similar place to where Pochettino is but not Pochettino.

Do I want to return to the best times of Pochettino? Yes, of course. Those were great times, great nights and I had a season ticket for the 2017/8 season which whilst not being a season at the new stadium, or White Hart Lane, was still a great experience. Expensive. Extensive travel. Cost me £4k+ all in for a season which is why it had to be my only season ticket year, but wow some great nights along the way. Beating Liverpool 4-1, Real Madrid 3-1, one of our quickest goals in Premier League history against Manchester United. A goal which I very nearly missed as had lost my season ticket card anyway I digress.

We want to experience that same journey. Same highs again and hopefully this time accompanied with success. We need a manager hungry for success. A manager that the crowd takes to and we enjoy the collective journey but that we need to be patient with.

We need to forget the boring managers like Conte, Mourinho etc who are stuck in the past and go for a manager who will entertain us and be one of us. If Pochettino comes and results start falling then how long before the words of dissent come again? How long before ‘I knew we shouldn’t have gone back to Poch’ etc and then the bumps in the road appear?

I would love Pochettino IF all worked out well but the question is would it? And do we ho back for both parties? What would be different to last time?

As we are now hearing rumours that a lot of the players aren't happy with Conte he has to go when we take all the other factors into account...

I am not against Poch coming back but not now...

I would bring back Harry Redknapp for the rest of the season with a £1million bonus if he gets us top 4.. Harry would put a smile on peoples faces and we would play a more attractive style.. At least the next few months would be fun..

If Poch was appointed now and we didn't get top 4 he would immediately be seen as a failure.. Far better for him to just watch and learn now, and be appointed at the end of the season... He could then state what he wants to improve the team, what players he wants rid of and determine what funds are available.

That could work well as long as Levy doesn't try and have him over...

COYS.
"Crouchy, Jermain, you still got your boots?"

Just voted for Carrick! I feel he owes us!

my word the poch tidal wave is going to consume everything in its path. My swimming trunks will be swept away as you all guffaw at my tiny shrivelled schnitzel.

Levy will do it to stop the peasants revolting.

you bunch of buggers!

I feel a little alienated and sad, why can’t I feel like 2/3 of you do!

I'm not on the Poch boat, but as I said, the fact (and it is) that a positive atmosphere (fans, players) can make a huge difference (see Howe at Saudi Sportswashing Machine), I see the logic. We need a manager that can get the club in one direction again, the sour/winner gits have failed to do so.

p.s. fudge Carrick, we gave that guy his route to greatness and he never has anything but brick to say about us, never want to see the guy anywhere near the club regardless of if he's the next big thing (we don't need another asshat who thinks he's bigger than Spurs)

We need to get a cheap manager who can manage a cheap team. Its the reality, Levy admitted that Enic can't compete with oligarchs and consortia.

My view is that Conte is still not getting the players he wants. Not just I'm buying but also selling. His repeated comments about short contract and long overhaul duration feels politically correct and politically charged at the same time.

No offense to you personally but this is fudging nonsense and proof that Conte's fudging blame anyone but me PR works. You have Kane, Son, Richi, Deki, Lucas, Danjuma and you can't score against Forest or Wolves?

If we keep getting stuffed by big teams, I buy it, when we brick the bed repeatedly against Villa, Forest, Sheffield, Wolves and that Milan side, it has fudge all to do with what players Conte still thinks he needs, it's him being a fudging predictable dinosaur that is beaten tactically by junior/brick managers

As we are now hearing rumours that a lot of the players aren't happy with Conte he has to go when we take all the other factors into account...

I am not against Poch coming back but not now...

I would bring back Harry Redknapp for the rest of the season with a £1million bonus if he gets us top 4.. Harry would put a smile on peoples faces and we would play a more attractive style.. At least the next few months would be fun..

If Poch was appointed now and we didn't get top 4 he would immediately be seen as a failure.. Far better for him to just watch and learn now, and be appointed at the end of the season... He could then state what he wants to improve the team, what players he wants rid of and determine what funds are available.

That could work well as long as Levy doesn't try and have him over...

COYS.

A segment of our fanbase hate/hated Harry, it was toxic, it was only the football that kept it going. He'd be a terrible option

Snobs. Thought that cause he had a working class accent he was beneath them. They wanted a more sophisticated manager and were delighted when avb took over.

Can't say I came across people who didn't like Harry in a snobbish way, not saying it didn't happen but that's interesting.

Loved Harry until he dropped his knickers for the England job and then tried to get a new contract when that went tits up, think many probably disliked him like over that.

Can't say I came across people who didn't like Harry in a snobbish way, not saying it didn't happen but that's interesting.

Loved Harry until he dropped his knickers for the England job and then tried to get a new contract when that went tits up, think many probably disliked him like over that.

There were plenty that didn't like him way before the england job came up. Basically from the day he joined.

I think, and this is against my previous thoughts, that Levy needs to be brave and appoint a manager that has attaching intent in their football, young, and in a similar place to where Pochettino is but not Pochettino.

Do I want to return to the best times of Pochettino? Yes, of course. Those were great times, great nights and I had a season ticket for the 2017/8 season which whilst not being a season at the new stadium, or White Hart Lane, was still a great experience. Expensive. Extensive travel. Cost me £4k+ all in for a season which is why it had to be my only season ticket year, but wow some great nights along the way. Beating Liverpool 4-1, Real Madrid 3-1, one of our quickest goals in Premier League history against Manchester United. A goal which I very nearly missed as had lost my season ticket card anyway I digress.

We want to experience that same journey. Same highs again and hopefully this time accompanied with success. We need a manager hungry for success. A manager that the crowd takes to and we enjoy the collective journey but that we need to be patient with.

We need to forget the boring managers like Conte, Mourinho etc who are stuck in the past and go for a manager who will entertain us and be one of us. If Pochettino comes and results start falling then how long before the words of dissent come again? How long before ‘I knew we shouldn’t have gone back to Poch’ etc and then the bumps in the road appear?

I would love Pochettino IF all worked out well but the question is would it? And do we ho back for both parties? What would be different to last time?
I know I sound like a broken record, but if you want Poch times, but not Poch, then Gallardo is the man. And it would be brave for Levy to appoint him, as he has no PL or European experience. (that's about it really; he ticks all the other boxes)

I don't really get that logic. It's a bit like saying - "I had this brilliant VW Golf once. I sacked it off though to try an old 1980s Bentley. But that just fell apart. I want something like the Golf again, but not a Golf. So I'm going to try a Skoda or a Seat." Why not just swallow some pride and buy a Golf again?

Why does it need to be different from last time? He took a lost, divided and damaged team of nobodies, and turned them into a horrendous penalty decision away from being European champions for the first ever time. Lets just do that again. But with a higher starting base squad wise, and much more competitive finances because of the stadium.

Guus Hiddink anyone for the last 11 matches of the season? (clutching at straws, I know)

I don't really get that logic. It's a bit like saying - "I had this brilliant VW Golf once. I sacked it off though to try an old 1980s Bentley. But that just fell apart. I want something like the Golf again, but not a Golf. So I'm going to try a Skoda or a Seat." Why not just swallow some pride and buy a Golf again?

Why does it need to be different from last time? He took a lost, divided and damaged team of nobodies, and turned them into a horrendous penalty decision away from being European champions for the first ever time. Lets just do that again. But with a higher starting base squad wise, and much more competitive finances because of the stadium.

Yes but I’d want a new Golf. Not the one I sold 3.5 years ago.

A segment of our fanbase hate/hated Harry, it was toxic, it was only the football that kept it going. He'd be a terrible option
That's simply not true. It wasn't toxic at all. The atmosphere at Spurs while Harry was manager was excellent. We played good attacking football and, like Pochettino, he had us achieving finishes in the Premier League that surpassed the financial resources provided.

There were a few strange folk on here that didn't like Harry because he wasn't young, didn't wear sharp suits and have a sexy foreign accent but by and large the fans liked him.

Can't blame him for wanting the England job, as an Englishman from a certain era Redknapp would see that as the pinnacle. Also can't really blame him for going for that job. We had a chance of winning the league that season and the chairman gave him Nelson and Saha when he said he needed a couple of players to go for it. It was also silly for the chairman to sack him when it was clear that he had done a great job as our manager (outperformed finances every season).

I really hope that you’re right. As if he’s appointed and we see those times again plus success then I would be happier than no other time.

Back