• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Back Four

Lad from Turkey meant to be great
Nick Pope would be great although not trendy
And Aaron’s for right back

Pope is a player who has impressed me as well, Aarons is going to be a top player and can also play at LB if needed. Do not know anything about the lad in Turkey though.

Henderson at Sheff Utd looks like he will be a great keeper, not sure we could get him from Man Utd though.

Well he is fit now and not playing with an injury so it helps

Exactly what I said pre season. He done a big article in the paper saying how bad his injury was - Southgate somehow picking him for the 3rd place play off.

In the end I think he actually asked to leave (he just alluded to it in the interview).

Exactly what I said pre season. He done a big article in the paper saying how bad his injury was - Southgate somehow picking him for the 3rd place play off.

In the end I think he actually asked to leave (he just alluded to it in the interview).
Yeah
As we know a change is a good cure for some

Can anyone remember another side replacing their whole back line in a summer window? Because right now we could be looking at needing not only a new back 4 but a new DM (and some might also argue a new GK)

Is it even possible to do, it seems to take us more than one window to identify, negotiate and finalise a single transfer over recent years yet Jose is going to need to sit down and make a shortlist (or even a very long list) full of defenders for Levy and co. to get cracking on.
It’s possible, but we can’t afford to.

It can be done in one window but actually fixing the basics and clear areas of concern first would make less issues of the defence

sort out the two full backs and that defence gets better imo by about 30 to 40% and realistically it shouldn’t cost silly money. We have FBs who just are really really poor at the role now and when you have a player like Aurier whose redeeming feature is crossing or Davies now whose redeeming feature he is steady but neither seem to even excel at this characteristics anymore it’s a problem

add in a DM if that’s what Jose wants and the CBS look less of a problem.

Hugo is a worry but actually this season the only stand out keepers have been Allison, p,us Pope and Henderson.

Pope would be a great signing IMO as he is huge and comes from everything which is key for a defence as you know where you stand... Hugo doesn’t install confidence in his defence anymore
I think if you add in a DM the full backs also better. Currently they are easily isolated as there is no DM to help them or slot in centrally so the CH can come across to do so. IMO our defensive struggles are more the lack of a DM than anything else.

I think if you add in a DM the full backs also better. Currently they are easily isolated as there is no DM to help them or slot in centrally so the CH can come across to do so. IMO our defensive struggles are more the lack of a DM than anything else.
No their just really really really poor players with no awareness of their role
As I’ve said loads you can play a team of DMs who can cover for defenders who just can’t defend
Aurier did a 360 yesterday from a long ball that he could see coming and lost it
He stopped when the man ran past him for the 3rd goal. It’s plainly awful technique and a lack of brains

Agree that we need a lot of change at the back

- Aurier is too error prone and needs improving. We only have one RB as it is
- At CB
- JV will leave
- Toby is passed it, but could act as a 3rd/4th choice next season
- Sanchez has been poor for 18 months, but is good enough as a back-up
- I think Dier deserves a season to try to cement a first choice position at CB
- Tanganga has potential but is a 5th choice CB at the moment, not 4th
- therefore we need a new first choice CB next summer, and perhaps another CB the year after depending on Tanganga's progress
- At LB, we could perhaps survive a season with Davies/Sessegnon in order to focus funds elsewhere and give Sessegnon a chance to improve
- We desperately need a DM

Therefore I'd focus the money this summer on a RB, CB and DM - that's £100m comfortably. Given those are priorities, I think we need to try to find a cheapo/out of contract/old etc back-up CF as those defensive additions are first choice players and more desperately needed
Could get Kurzawa for free at left back so still have all of our funds for elsewhere.

I also wouldn’t judge our centre halves too much as anyone would look poor playing with no protection.

No their just really really really poor players with no awareness of their role
As I’ve said loads you can play a team of DMs who can cover for defenders who just can’t defend
Aurier did a 360 yesterday from a long ball that he could see coming and lost it
He stopped when the man ran past him for the 3rd goal. It’s plainly awful technique and a lack of brains
That was terrible for their second goal yesterday I agree, but the whacking great hole we have centrally in front of our defence is a far bigger worry for me. I don’t see any other PL team with that same gap there in such a key defensive position.

That was terrible for their second goal yesterday I agree, but the whacking great hole we have centrally in front of our defence is a far bigger worry for me. I don’t see any other PL team with that same gap there in such a key defensive position.
Wolves didn’t have anyone in that role when we played them. Look how well their doing
The did bring in Dedonker to do it later in the game

Wolves didn’t have anyone in that role when we played them. Look how well their doing
The did bring in Dedonker to do it later in the game
True but they had Neves and Mourinho who were much cleverer in their positioning than Winks and Lo Celso. If one went, the other sat. Our two ran around chasing the ball, leaving big gaps for wolves to exploit centrally.

Back