• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
9m
Tottenham have contacted Manchester United for Nani, also a Roma target, according to very well Roma stuff informed Corriere dello Sport

Another Damien Duff in the making. Will go where the money is and be average.

I thought that Duff was fantastic for Chelsea and before he signed for them there was talk of him coming to Spurs. But he just kinda gave up after leaving them unlike Robben.

Me 2 - he certainly has scored against us a lot in the past.

Manutd fans would demand the fee is doubled if they are dealing with us....or so my friend keeps telling me. A double swoop Nani & Hernandez would be perfect.

Nani is one of those players that annoys the opposition fans.

But for 10M, an experienced PL wide player with pace, skill, scores goals and can be a set piece threat?

Bite the hand off please ...

SAF would have probably tried to drag us over the coals on any transfer, but Moyes is probably trying to sort his squad as quickly as possible, so we may want to just make a decent offer and get it done.

Suddenly I am having dreams of Bale, Nani and Pjanic all roaming behind a front man all over the park. Would cause havoc. With 2 of Sandro / Dembele / Pualinhio behind that would be immense.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/220005.html#
Anzhi scoff at Nani bid talk
ESPN staff
July 9, 2013
Nani has been linked with a move away from Manchester United
Anzhi Makhachkala chairman Konstantin Remchukov has dismissed rumours his club are interested in Manchester United winger Nani.
Nani is reported to be surplus to requirements at Old Trafford, and the Portugal international admitted last month that his future at the club was uncertain.
Anzhi have been touted as a potential destination, and Izvestia in Russia had claimed talks with the player's representatives had begun, but Remchukov insists his side have no interest in the forward.
"The rumours about Nani are not accurate. At all," he tweeted.

One year left on contract and agent fabricating stories. Definitely a mover. I think we'll make a late go at him - Man U will want to keep relations with us warm for "future possibilities"...
and

Suddenly I am having dreams of Bale, Nani and Pjanic all roaming behind a front man all over the park. Would cause havoc. With 2 of Sandro / Dembele / Pualinhio behind that would be immense.

Just Bale & Nani in front of Sandro/Dembele/Paulinho would be an interesting challenge for most teams.

With Lloris, Vert, Kaboul behind them, all you are missing is a clinical finisher up top.

Its a buy that even at £15m would make sense for us. It is a player of proven PL quality, settled in the country and with a strong goals/assist record over his time in this league. If we signed him then really we would only need to sign a decent forward to be strong challengers for the title in my mind.

I never really liked Nani on a personal level but he is a great player, there's no doubt about it. And with one year left on his contract that would be right up Levy's street.

Anyone else linked to him?

Think he could blossom at Spurs, and perhaps take the step up to be the player people thought he'd become.
Or at least get back to his best performance level at United and deliver it more consistenly when he's at a club that'll make him a key player.
Although I do think he could be a similiar case to Adebayor as well.
If AVB want him we should support the move, there are some issues around Nani though so I wouldn't force the player on AVB - only if it's who he want.

Think he could blossom at Spurs, and perhaps take the step up to be the player people thought he'd become.
Or at least get back to his best performance level at United and deliver it more consistenly when he's at a club that'll make him a key player.
Although I do think he could be a similiar case to Adebayor as well.
If AVB want him we should support the move, there are some issues around Nani though so I wouldn't force the player on AVB - only if it's who he want.

I don't, Ade has had a pattern of "world class when he gives fudge" (unfortunately not very often), can say I've seen that with Nani.

My opinion is Nani is similar to Rooney, in that they are the type of player who don't respond that well to SAF's rather random rotation policies.

My view on him as always been, seems a bit of a taco personality wise, but a very high quality player, that if we got at a decent price ...

Nani would cop an absolute PASTING on this forum.. He doesn't run about enough and he's far too inconsistent to be acceptable.

Should he have had a penalty?

Would take longer to get used to him than Gallas. Quality player, but I can't stand him so I hope we look elsewhere if we could somehow afford his wages.

I don't, Ade has had a pattern of "world class when he gives fudge" (unfortunately not very often), can say I've seen that with Nani.

My opinion is Nani is similar to Rooney, in that they are the type of player who don't respond that well to SAF's rather random rotation policies.

My view on him as always been, seems a bit of a taco personality wise, but a very high quality player, that if we got at a decent price ...

This is Spurspinter1 typing but I can't be arsed to log out and log in because I've probably forgot my password just so you know!

But yeah, the bolded bit....You really think it was random? I thought it worked pretty well and wouldn't put it down to luck

This is Spurspinter1 typing but I can't be arsed to log out and log in because I've probably forgot my password just so you know!

But yeah, the bolded bit....You really think it was random? I thought it worked pretty well and wouldn't put it down to luck

To be fair to SAF, he had a method that yes was obviously successful. My opinion was it was a combination of squad choice based on opponent as well as a general trend to use younger players at start of season and rely on senior players on back end of season (where experience counts, and it helps if the senior players haven't played stacks of games).

That said, I believe certain players don't always respond well to not playing as often (Rooney is a highlight example), and I believe Nani is one of those.

in other words, if we sign Nani and gave him a starting berth all the time, we might see him at his best again, or better? I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back