• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

yeah thats like 2.5 mil per goal/assist init.... if he were homegrown we'd be gushing!

Honestly, don't make judgements on statistics alone. Against Chelsea, Eriksen got no assist for Rose's goal but Rose got an assist for Kane's first goal.

In reality, Eriksen did all the work leading to Rose's goal and Kane's goal was unassisted.

Honestly, don't make judgements on statistics alone. Against Chelsea, Eriksen got no assist for Rose's goal but Rose got an assist for Kane's first goal.

In reality, Eriksen did all the work leading to Rose's goal and Kane's goal was unassisted.

Also in the lead up to the pen Eriksen played a massive part again without an assist.

The strange thing for me was I thought he was very tidy under AVB. Always had really high passing accuracy. But under Poch that has fallen away and he's now a much more dangerous player.

What was his pass completion just under AVB?

Complete for last season his pass completion was 84.9%, so far this season 83.3% (whoscored.com, only league matches).

I don't think anyone's making judgements based on statistics alone.

Assist stats are obviously flawed, particularly over small sample sizes and not very informative. Although a "Harry Kane got two goals and two assists" fact is always good fun.

Over larger sample sizes players that are involved in creating a lot of chances are going to get higher assist numbers in general though, so the stat has some value imo.

About 4 of his assists (if I recall correctly) come from corners (not to negate it completely, but to compare to peers)

Who cares if they were from corners, we are rubbish at taking corners in general so if someone can actually provide some goals then great....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Getting very hard to leave out with those stats. 21 goals from Kane, Eriksen and Chadli combined at this stage is not too shabby at all. If a midfielder gets 10 league goals, he's had a very good season.

Forget stats, Chadli terrorised the best defence in the country along with Kane. He showed he can perform at the very highest level and that he isn't just a filler in the squad. He can be an absolute beast of a player. If he pushes that level of performance consistently he can be almost another Bale. His physical attributes are ridiculous in terms of being tall, good in the air, strong, close control but also fast. He also has an eye for a goal.

About 4 of his assists (if I recall correctly) come from corners (not to negate it completely, but to compare to peers)

I'll be honest with you; in my eyes that makes them more impressive and important, not less. Over the last decade or so, it felt like we'd go entire seasons without scoring from a corner. I know the stats say they're not a huge source of goals for many teams, but it started to feel like we posed absolutely no threat from corners at all. We never bloody scored from them. I felt no anticipation when we'd win a corner. May as well have been a goal kick. In fact, I started to get a bit worried when we'd win a corner in case they were about to catch us on the counter.

The past season and a half though; partly through Eriksen and partly through Lamela, winning a corner has actually started to mean something. And in my view, that massively improves games from a fan standpoint.

I'll be honest with you; in my eyes that makes them more impressive and important, not less. Over the last decade or so, it felt like we'd go entire seasons without scoring from a corner. I know the stats say they're not a huge source of goals for many teams, but it started to feel like we posed absolutely no threat from corners at all. We never bloody scored from them. I felt no anticipation when we'd win a corner. May as well have been a goal kick. In fact, I started to get a bit worried when we'd win a corner in case they were about to catch us on the counter.

The past season and a half though; partly through Eriksen and partly through Lamela, winning a corner has actually started to mean something. And in my view, that massively improves games from a fan standpoint.

Eriksen hits the first man loads of times, or even hits the floor before the first man. It is very frustrating given how talented he is. I think it must be the slope of the pitch in the corners... he probably trains on a flat pitch but then the slope on the real pitch disturbs his performance.

Particularly as we have no other obvious left footed set piece taker in the squad those assists are not to be negated at all imo.

I'll be honest with you; in my eyes that makes them more impressive and important, not less. Over the last decade or so, it felt like we'd go entire seasons without scoring from a corner. I know the stats say they're not a huge source of goals for many teams, but it started to feel like we posed absolutely no threat from corners at all. We never bloody scored from them. I felt no anticipation when we'd win a corner. May as well have been a goal kick. In fact, I started to get a bit worried when we'd win a corner in case they were about to catch us on the counter.The past season and a half though; partly through Eriksen and partly through Lamela, winning a corner has actually started to mean something. And in my view, that massively improves games from a fan standpoint.

Funnily enough that's what happened for the 1st goal v Chelsea...but seriously I'd be exactly the same, we'd get a corner and I'd treat it as almost a goal kick as a kindof oh well chance gone. I'd think of smaller teams like Stoke who'd relish a throw in or corner and for good reason. I just think we have missed a trick here that could amount to a few points that could make a huge difference at the end of the season. For whatever reason, this has never been addressed...

You would also think some one could hit fazio at a comer yet I can't remember him even getting close to one!

You would also think some one could hit fazio at a comer yet I can't remember him even getting close to one!

He attempted headers from dead balls against both United and Saudi Sportswashing Machine from what I can remember.

But you would think that as eriksen is a great free kick taker and Lamella a good corner taker combined with fazio a dominance in the air at the other end of the pitch it would be more than "attempts". Not criticising as hopefully it will happen but seems like a marriage made in heaven really

But you would think that as eriksen is a great free kick taker and Lamella a good corner taker combined with fazio a dominance in the air at the other end of the pitch it would be more than "attempts". Not criticising as hopefully it will happen but seems like a marriage made in heaven really

Still very early with a rather small sample size.

Somewhere 2-4 goals in a season would be very good. He still has the time to get that and it won't even be a full season for him.

Eriksen suffers from the usual problem with corner takers: Clearing the first man at corners. How can professional footballers not sort that out? I would just whack it in there, none of these low, curling crosses.

In defence of corner taking, though it I furnishes me no end, but they're hard to get right, if they're floated in (the easiest way to put it in a "dangerous" position the keeper will claim it pretty much every time, you pile drive it in it hits the first man, you try and curl it either into the danger box or away from the keeper into the danger box then again more chance of error. Other than little regimes people come up with, putting it in the box straight in is so hard. How many goals are scored from a corner and straight in?

Eriksen suffers from the usual problem with corner takers: Clearing the first man at corners. How can professional footballers not sort that out? I would just whack it in there, none of these low, curling crosses.

I would imagine they think a low cross is more useful when it comes off than a high cross, may hit the first man as there is less room for maneuver but if they miss him they become dangerous. Considering Pool have a go at Gerrard for the same thing and we know they can both ping a cross this is what I would imagine. i.e. 2 low crosses that come off are better than 10 high?

In defence of corner taking, though it I furnishes me no end, but they're hard to get right, if they're floated in (the easiest way to put it in a "dangerous" position the keeper will claim it pretty much every time, you pile drive it in it hits the first man, you try and curl it either into the danger box or away from the keeper into the danger box then again more chance of error. Other than little regimes people come up with, putting it in the box straight in is so hard. How many goals are scored from a corner and straight in?

Agreed. At least to an extent.

Imo the goalkeeper claiming the ball is just about the worst outcome as it sets the defending team up for a counter attack (see Chelsea's opener against us). Most of the time if the keeper punches it or it's cleared with a header it will bounce around to anyone and most of the time the attacking team will win it back or at least delay the counter attack sufficiently. But the goalkeeper having the ball in his hands and everyone scrambling to get back/forward is not a good situation.

I think overall I prefer some mi**** corners as the cost with better delivery when it does come off as the upside. Would be interesting to see how goals from corners are scored, how many are from actually pinged in quality balls and how many are from floated in looped type crosses.

Back