• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

I could see various things in him last season. But what you notice more and more is his intelligence. He's a sneaky clever player! Ghosting in and smart. Keep it up Nacer!

@WhoScored: Nacer Chadli: Has now scored or assisted 5 goals in his last 5 appearances for Tottenham #thfc

[VINE]Ow9QdrzzDaD[/VINE]

It's the dynamic front 4 that the Spanish teams perfected through coaches like; Benitez, Irrueta, Cooper and later on Bielsa, that Poch is trying to recreate and emulate.

To effectively deploy that system requires 4 dynamic, intelligent and committed players who continually interchange, pressurise opponents and keep the opposition guessing.

Eriksen is the classic "media punta" or the guy who plays in "the hole", Kane the centre forward who operates between the lines and is as comfortable with his back to goal and dropping deep as he is playing up top, while Chadli is athletic, clever and with a great eye for goal who can either stay wide or drift in and interact with the 2 in the centre. He has a great knack for timing his runs and is perfect for this system which requires the person who is most advanced to get beyond the ball and take a risk.

Apparently Poch initially wasn't too sure by all accounts, however he has clearly won him over.

Interestingly, if Lamela could introduce a little more consistency into his decision making, he too has the the right kind of attributes to operate in this kind of dynamic front 4 and we would have 4 players all on the same wavelength and all keeping the opposition guessing continually.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Last edited:
Proved me very wrong yesterday with a very good game, offering good quality on the ball.

There were only two occasions that concerned me, both in the first half of the match. First was when Ivanovic ambled forward and eventually got clean through into our box with Chadli completely ignoring his run (well I'm not sure you could even call it a 'run' it really was just a slow amble forward. I think Vertonghen may have saved the day with a desperate tackle (might've been somebody else though, Rose perhaps?). The second was when Mason was injured and we were down to 10 men while we seemed to take ages to get Dembele on and Chadli was staying high up the pitch instead of helping to pitch in defensively.

Last edited:
He is our very own Jay Rodriguez in a Poch team. Hes a very good player, Myself and a select few rated him last year by just watching him. He wasnt scoring or assisting last year so of course didnt get plaudits but you only had to watch him to realise that he keeps possession very well and is a good asset to have. Baldini at his finest.

Yeah seems to be doing for us what JRod did for Poch at Southampton. Triffic

He is our very own Jay Rodriguez in a Poch team. Hes a very good player, Myself and a select few rated him last year by just watching him. He wasnt scoring or assisting last year so of course didnt get plaudits but you only had to watch him to realise that he keeps possession very well and is a good asset to have. Baldini at his finest.

He needs to do a bit more defensively for me, but he really is a handful in an attacking sense. I wonder will our supposed interest in Rodriguez dwindle now that Chadli is playing so well.

He needs to do a bit more defensively for me, but he really is a handful in an attacking sense. I wonder will our supposed interest in Rodriguez dwindle now that Chadli is playing so well.

Agreed. The bar has been set by Kane, Eriksen, Mason, Lamela etc. That's what he has to do.

Also has to use his size and physique more. There have been positive signs, but still needs to do more. Looking at his topless pics (you know you all do regularly ;) ) hit should be a painful experience playing against him, but I get a feeling that most of the time it isn't. If had Dempsey's attitude he would be an absolute handful in addition to all his other qualities.

Some have been surprised or even shocked with the level of Harry Kane, well fair to say I was not optimistic about Chadli at all but the guy is powerful, drives at defenders and most importantly can hit the back of the net.

Very very good at the moment as Mourinho said.

Some have been surprised or even shocked with the level of Harry Kane, well fair to say I was not optimistic about Chadli at all but the guy is powerful, drives at defenders and most importantly can hit the back of the net.

Very very good at the moment as Mourinho said.

With 7 goals & 4 assists, Nacer Chadli is the only Spurs player to be in the Top 10 footballers with combined goals & assists this season.

He certainly doesn't get nearly enough credit.

Premier League Player's Combined Goals & Assists Table Season 2014-15

So how many premier league goals and assists has Eriksen, Chadli and Kane got combined?

So how many premier league goals and assists has Eriksen, Chadli and Kane got combined?
Player Club Gls Ast Comb
Nacer Chadli Tottenham Hotspur 7 4 11
Harry Kane Tottenham Hotspur 7 3 10
Christian Eriksen Tottenham Hotspur 7 1 8

I agree you could see last season that Chadli had something about him. Even when we were playing ****e he still wanted the ball when others went missing, showed a lot of character! He's a little like Kane in that he has everything in his locker, pace, power, good technique and this season confidence.

I agree, it's taken a while for things to click for him, but I'm very much looking forward to seeing what he and Kane, emerging alongside one another, can do in this team.

The strange thing for me was I thought he was very tidy under AVB. Always had really high passing accuracy. But under Poch that has fallen away and he's now a much more dangerous player.

P595_zpse9086259.png

Back