• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Re: Nacer Chadli ***Official***

SpurMeU/KD - i agree, of course, one is not a carbon copy of the other - just that in the examples mentioned they are very similar - it's my major problem with Dembele's game and it was my problem with Jenas' also.

Dembele is definitely capable of more, it's quite frustrating. I just want someone to drum it into him that he has the physical and technical ability to be such a threat. I think it was against Swansea where he strode through their midfield like a train and no one could get near him, he was in on goal but unfortunately put it wide. He should do that far more often but for some reason doesn't have the mentality to get in there.

it's his end product/final ball which is the major flaw - the rest of his game is great but without the ability to turn it in to something more productive it seems almost like a wasted position - we have a defensive midfielder who is supposed to do the parts of the game which he excels in, what we need alongside that is someone who can link defense with attack and if we are to play Eriksen in an advanced role then Dembele doesn't do enough in this respect, IMV

If we were to play a genuine 433 then he has a place alongside Eriksen and a DM, but as part of a middle 2 in a 4231 (or similar) he doesn't provide enough. Bentaleb alongside Sandro or Capoue would be my choice for this formation, with Eriksen and two wide men in front.

edit : my memory is a little hazy but how did we line up against Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the 4-0? was it 4231 with Bentaleb in the 2 and Eriksen in the 3 (with Chadli and Dembele out wide)? probably our best performance under Sherwood, once the defense settled and possibly because we had someone passing the ball from midfield rather than running with it.

Thought he looked OK today, nothing major but once again another player who when deployed in more central positions looks dangerous. Fortunately it looks as if he and Eriksen are fine to switch positions throughout the game without our overrall play being affected which gives the opposition more to think about. Biggest positive for me is that he seems happy to run past the striker, quite a few times Soldado came short and he was the man in the box receiving the ball over the top.

Thought he looked OK today, nothing major but once again another player who when deployed in more central positions looks dangerous. Fortunately it looks as if he and Eriksen are fine to switch positions throughout the game without our overrall play being affected which gives the opposition more to think about. Biggest positive for me is that he seems happy to run past the striker, quite a few times Soldado came short and he was the man in the box receiving the ball over the top.

In the absence of Ade he did a job we needed. every now and then you need to be able to hit the target man to get them back pedaling and to turn the play around. So Soldado dropping short in these instances and Chadli won the flick on. So I think Tim did a good job of juggling their roles to make up for the absence of Ade. But that said he did not produce much else, two times he had a chance to slip in a player and did not find him and he also wasted a decent chance. The pace of the prem still seems to catch him out compared to the european games.

Personally I still want to see Eriksen in the withdrawn role behind Ade. He is our best player at the moment and deserves and more instrumental position.

I think he is starting to show signs of promise. If we can get a manager who can manage and who has tactics, a fluid three of Lamela, Chadli and Eriksen behind an inteligent striker like Soldado could be winner.

he did okay today, sometimes thats all you need your squad/role players to do/.......just do okay and let th game changers work.

Today is an example of an average game for chadli, not a good one...just average....which is what we needed from him today to get the result

Glad to see him turning it around, think he could be a real player next season with a full PL season behind him.

I still think he could do more with his size and strength, he should give us that physical presence in the final third whenever we're not playing Ade. I think he needs to be tougher, or perhaps it's a case of him having to get used to what's allowed and expected in this league.

Scored for Belgium tonight.

[video=youtube;UjCXXT-cO0Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjCXXT-cO0Q[/video]

Much rather him in the squad than Sigurdsson, so hopefully we see our new manager get the best out of him and use him well within the squad.

Chadli's a good player, technically good and has a decent goal threat. Reckon he'll be best on the left of a front 3...

If we do end up with Poch then I can see him and Lamela both vying for the same spot.

If we do end up with Poch then I can see him and Lamela both vying for the same spot.

I think they play on opposite sides. Lamela right, Chadli left. Players like Chadli are a lot more versatile than we give them credit for. Technically I think he is a very decent player. He might have seemed a bit "meh" on occasions, but he has shown me enough to believe he is capable of being an integral member of a successful squad.

Technically he is decent but I want him to toughen up a bit and use his size to better effect. At times last season he looked a little bit soft. I think he could dominate opponents if he went into games with a slightly more aggressive outlook.

Technically he is decent but I want him to toughen up a bit and use his size to better effect. At times last season he looked a little bit soft. I think he could dominate opponents if he went into games with a slightly more aggressive outlook.

Agreed.

Reminds me a bit of a young Tom Huddlestone in that regard. Massive size, but not capable of using it to his advantage. Was said about Hudd at the time that some youth players that are bigger than everyone else have learned to be very careful physically as they would otherwise get a lot of free kicks against them. I think the same is true for big strong players in slightly less physical leagues.

Either way, Chadli should be asked to have a look at some old Dempsey tapes. He was about half the size of Chadli, but managed to be a lot more imposing physically.

Can't wait for Belgium - Russia match on WC. Red devils have a great team with so many entertaining and talanted players to watch. And I'm talking not about ManUre ;)

Well that was more like it today =D>

@WhoScored: Nacer Chadli: Has now scored more PL goals in 37 minutes against QPR (2) than he did in the whole of last season (1) #thfc

@OptaJoe: 48 - Nacer Chadli's 2nd goal v QPR had a build-up of 48 passes, twice as long as any PL goal scored in 2013-14. Slick
Bvz0ehqIIAEjE20.png

Superb today showing what end product he has in his locker I thought his best moment was the flick to put Rose free down the left to set up the 4th goal excellent bit of skill

Back