• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Re: Nacer Chadli ***Official***

Chadli has had a lot of criticism from our fans this season, whilst Eriksen has been lauded as a good signing. However, the stats suggest that Chadli has been every bit as good as Eriksen in terms of goals and assists this season. In all competitions these are the stats for the two players.

Eriksen - 1877 minutes, 6 goals, 7 assists
Chadli - 1494 minutes, 5 goals, 5 assists

Eriksen gets a goal or assist every 144 minutes
Chadli gets a goal or assist every 149 minutes

Chadli is not as bad as many of us make out and given time and a run of games i think he will prove to be a decent buy. He is also a threat in the air when defending and attacking corners and has come close to scoring from headers a few times this season from what i remember.

its at this point you employ your eyes in a game and see the difference in production within games

Eriksen provides more than chadli WITH THE BALL or in an OFFENSIVE sense even when eriksen plays on the flank

quite frankly i dont even think you can compare the two players returns where one has people asking for him to start and the other people are like "meh"

I think its simple why we saw the team pick up, confidence. Chadli was average until he scored, he was working hard granted then he scored and suddenly he was running at Benfica, doing step overs. You could see the confidence oozing out of him.

I also think it explains a lot with Spurs currently if we concede our heads drop we have no real fight. The average age of the starting 11 last night was 24 we need to sign 2 or 3 experienced players in the summer it would help no end. Ashley Cole not everyones cup of tea but his experience would benefit the younger players in our team.

An experienced player may help, but so would a half decent manager.

It's extremely obvious the team still has the ability to play a lot better than it's current output.

its at this point you employ your eyes in a game and see the difference in production within games

Eriksen provides more than chadli WITH THE BALL or in an OFFENSIVE sense even when eriksen plays on the flank

quite frankly i dont even think you can compare the two players returns where one has people asking for him to start and the other people are like "meh"

Agree with this. It's painfully obvious who the superior player is to anyone who has eyes. Eriksen moves the ball better, gets more involved, has more intellegent movement, knows when and when not to release the ball, the list could go on and on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the ones that Chadli is currently doing everything to prove wrong (and unlike some, I'm happy to be proven wrong), he looked like a squad player to me in the beginning. He looks now like he has much more to his game. But for anyone who watches Spurs week in week out to say that the two are on a similar level is mad IMO.

An experienced player may help, but so would a half decent manager.

It's extremely obvious the team still has the ability to play a lot better than it's current output.

Absolutely. Last night in the last 10 was just proof that we are not hopeless but are massively lacking confidence. Wouldn't be surprised to see us put a good run together at the end of the season (although we'll still get spanked to Liverpool).

We have some good players, but lack a plan. We are so far from being a well drilled team it's unreal.

Chadli hasn't been that good on the left,, though. His best games have all been in the hole. He looks like he could score a tonne of goals playing off a striker. He looked lively against Arsenal and tonight played very well and looked a constant threat. Eriksen looks much better on the left than Chadli does, as long as he has an overlapping full-back. I liked the look of us in the last 15 minutes tonight, in fact i'd go so far as to say in that last 15 I honestly saw Baldini/Levy and AVB's plans in the summer, we pushed Benfica right back and had strong runners all over the place overloading the box with Eriksen knitting it all together drifting into spaces and playing the strong pacey players in.

I'd like to see us line up like that for the rest of the season:

..........................Adebayor

.....Eriksen.............Chadli.............Lamela

.................Bentaleb......Sandro

Say what?
He scored two goals after he was moved to the left last night!
We were lined up
------------Kane
Chadli------Siggy----- Lennon
------Bentaleb Eriksen

Last edited:

Say what?
We were lined up
------------Kane
------Bentaleb Eriksen

i though he interchanged with Kane who also was popping up on the left and Chadli was in the middle....it was that freedom of movement, not just them but with the other attackers, that kind of bamboozled Benfica in the last 20 mins

Say what?
We were lined up
------------Kane
------Bentaleb Eriksen

I only saw the highlights yesterday but would say that Chadl's definitely shown more promise in central positions. I even thought he was good in the centre of midfield against Arsenal although he faded that could well of been due to match fitness as he hasnt played too often of late...

Agree with this. It's painfully obvious who the superior player is to anyone who has eyes. Eriksen moves the ball better, gets more involved, has more intellegent movement, knows when and when not to release the ball, the list could go on and on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the ones that Chadli is currently doing everything to prove wrong (and unlike some, I'm happy to be proven wrong), he looked like a squad player to me in the beginning. He looks now like he has much more to his game. But for anyone who watches Spurs week in week out to say that the two are on a similar level is mad IMO.

I'm not saying Chadli is as good as Eriksen by any means. I'm just saying that i think he is unfairly criticised by many of our fans when he hasn't really been given a run of games to prove himself. I think people, including myself expected too much from our summer signings. The only new signings who have been given a fair run of games is Paulinho, Soldado and Eriksen and Chiriches up until his injury. I would say that 3 out of 4 of them signings have been successful with Soldado the only exception. Capoue, Chadli and Lamela have not had a run of games and have each shown glimpses of their quality and i'm sure they will come good next year and Soldado is the only one i doubt will come good due to his age. All of the others are 25 or younger so have time to come good.

I'm not saying Chadli is as good as Eriksen by any means. I'm just saying that i think he is unfairly criticised by many of our fans when he hasn't really been given a run of games to prove himself. I think people, including myself expected too much from our summer signings. The only new signings who have been given a fair run of games is Paulinho, Soldado and Eriksen and Chiriches up until his injury. I would say that 3 out of 4 of them signings have been successful with Soldado the only exception. Capoue, Chadli and Lamela have not had a run of games and have each shown glimpses of their quality and i'm sure they will come good next year and Soldado is the only one i doubt will come good due to his age. All of the others are 25 or younger so have time to come good.

Honestly, considering the mess the club, management and systems have been this season, I really don't feel we can judge any of our new players.

TS is a dead man walking, but I would give him the last 8 games if he is willing to play a consistent team, if he continues to switch, tinker and **** with everyone, then we might as well put a caretaker in charge with the instructions to play a set group of players.

I think under a manager who has an ability to manage a S]squad and a set of systems/tactics Chadli would thrive here.
A very good player on his day and in the right formation

Honestly, considering the mess the club, management and systems have been this season, I really don't feel we can judge any of our new players.

TS is a dead man walking, but I would give him the last 8 games if he is willing to play a consistent team, if he continues to switch, tinker and **** with everyone, then we might as well put a caretaker in charge with the instructions to play a set group of players.

I too feel frustrated with his tinkering. Just looked back at the lineups for his 13 PL games in charge, and in the three attacking positions aside from Adebayor he's fielded 5 different players in each of them:

Forward: Soldado (6), Paulinho (3), Eriksen (2), Lennon (1), Chadli (1)
Right midfield: Lennon (8), Dembele (2), Walker (1), Townsend (1) and Lamela (1)
Left midfield: Eriksen (6), Sigurdsson (3), Lennon (2), Chadli (1), Townsend (1)

In fairness injuries probably haven't helped, and he was initially fairly consistent (Adebayor, Soldado, Lennon, Dembele, Bentaleb and Eriksen). But recently his tinkering has got a bit out of hand!

Ah, apologies I misconstrued your post then. I agree with all you've said above.

I'd like to see us line up like that for the rest of the season:

..........................Adebayor

.....Eriksen.............Chadli.............Lamela

.................Bentaleb......Sandro

I know the Chadli/Eriksen axis worked well on Thursday but lining up without a keeper and back four is overdoing the confidence a bit ...

;)

tbf the whole team picked up when the goal went in, it was like we went into turbo boost mode, they couldnt live with us. Now the trick is to see more of that passion, movement, ability in the PL and on a more consistent basis, not just from Chadli but the rest too. We have good players but for some reason we havent seen the best of them.

You are Tim Sherwood and I claim my £10.

I also think it explains a lot with Spurs currently if we concede our heads drop we have no real fight. The average age of the starting 11 last night was 24 we need to sign 2 or 3 experienced players in the summer it would help no end.

I have changed my mind. You are Tim Sherwood, and I get to keep the £10.

("I'm Tim Sherwood, and so's my wife!" from the yet-to-be released film, 'Monty Python's Life of Time')

I only saw the highlights yesterday but would say that Chadl's definitely shown more promise in central positions. I even thought he was good in the centre of midfield against Arsenal although he faded that could well of been due to match fitness as he hasnt played too often of late...

but we all knew he was a no.10 in his previous clubs. pretty good scoring records probably convinced levy is goal per pound ratio was too appealing to resist:

YearsTeamApps[SUP]†[/SUP](Gls)[SUP]†[/SUP]
2007–2010
AGOVV Apeldoorn89(28)
2010–2013
Twente84(25)
2013–
Tottenham Hotspur15(3)
<tbody> </tbody>

He was good against Arsenal up until he had those two chances gifted to him by the keeper. After he missed those he lost confidence and went quiet

Back