• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

To be honest with the way Dembele, Dier and Alli are playing and how important they are, he is not going to get into the first team straight away. Also other players would have impressed while he was injured so its only fair that he is below them in the pecking order.

that's right, no-one should automatically come back into the team when the team has been playing well. Doesn't stop it being great to see him back playing again

I really like Bentaleb and I hope him chadli and son are being brought back slowly to get their fitness up as good options for the run in.

And I still don't get all the hype about him. o_O
You'll come around ;). He is a fantastic talent but it just needs a some guidance with his decision making, which looks a little suspect at the moment. He's trying to impress the coach obviously, but making the right choice with the ball is always the best way to do it IMO.

You'll come around ;). He is a fantastic talent but it just needs a some guidance with his decision making, which looks a little suspect at the moment. He's trying to impress the coach obviously, but making the right choice with the ball is always the best way to do it IMO.
I'll post again when his decision making has improved, because that's the area where I don't see anything special.

to me bentaleb does the easy passes and maintains his rhythm so he looks silky, but he doesn't go out of his way to make others look good.
in my team we call this type a "vanity player" lol. lots of possession but no penetration.

alli dembele dier mousa have brought something more and deserve to be ahead in pecking order. maybe one day he will learn to make better decisions, but he's got a lot of talent ahead of him that can still get better.

to me bentaleb does the easy passes and maintains his rhythm so he looks silky, but he doesn't go out of his way to make others look good.
in my team we call this type a "vanity player" lol. lots of possession but no penetration.

alli dembele dier mousa have brought something more and deserve to be ahead in pecking order. maybe one day he will learn to make better decisions, but he's got a lot of talent ahead of him that can still get better.
You've put dembelle in twice, I know he's been good but......;)
I agree they are all ahead of him just now though, but he has time. Just hope he has the patience.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...cised-at-tottenham-for-disobedience-we-take-a

Apparently he's not starring at the moment because he is being punished for disobedience. Effectively he went out on international duty back in November without our permission and that has seen him frozen out of the team. The injury he sustained when away soured things further.

Now this is just what a football mag in France are reporting. I'd say there could be a grain of truth in it, given how Townsend has been frozen out, but I'd also say that he's not getting in the first team because Dier and Dembele are so effective. Still, he's not making the bench at the moment and the way that Carroll has suddenly popped up ahead of him in the last month does add fuel to the fire.

He's got talent but was over hyped and he might be having trouble coming to terms with not being an automatic starter. It looks to me a typical Poch show me you can do as I say and I'll give you a chance. This season we have virtually eliminated (hope I've don't jinked us) that suicidal habit of giving the ball away 5 yards from our box and Bentaleb was one of the worse culprits.

He's got talent but was over hyped and he might be having trouble coming to terms with not being an automatic starter. It looks to me a typical Poch show me you can do as I say and I'll give you a chance. This season we have virtually eliminated (hope I've don't jinked us) that suicidal habit of giving the ball away 5 yards from our box and Bentaleb was one of the worse culprits.

Without a doubt he was ( imo) and I do not think there is much truth in that story by sportswitness.

To be fair to Sportwitness they are reporting on a story from the french magazine Onze.

They themselves say that the story doesn't seem likely given everything that Poch said at the time and since.

He's getting minutes in the cup side and will probably feature on Wednesday night in the replay. He's not being frozen out, he's just up against Dier and Dembele (and Carroll to a certain extent) in terms of selection for the starting XI.

Very useful player to have in the squad.

For one of our most promising players of last season to be struggling for minutes speaks volumes of the progress that we've made.

I trust Poch to re-integrate him properly, though.

I really hope this isn't the case, but it seems like he may have got his big payday with the new contact signing and now he's resting on his laurels.

Hope he's not turning into another Taraabt or to a greater extent Adebayor.

I really, really hope it isn't the case.

Let's also remember that he is young and made a strong impression when he made it as a first team regular. This is his first big injury and he has lost his place in the team and is trying to make an impression to win his place back. Without doubt he is a gifted footballer and Poch has the talent to make him better. Give the lad some time.

I really hope this isn't the case, but it seems like he may have got his big payday with the new contact signing and now he's resting on his laurels.

Hope he's not turning into another Taraabt or to a greater extent Adebayor.

I really, really hope it isn't the case.

I doubt it man. He got injured! And this is a Pochettino team and squad, he runs a meritocracy. Bentaleb got injured and now has to fight his way back in, because in his absence other players have stepped up to the plate and are performing excellently.

Of course there's no way to know what's going on behind the scenes, but in my view the above is the most likely. I believe in Bentaleb and he has the talent, I'm sure once he's fully fit again it'll just be a matter of time till he wins his way back into the side.

Back