• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Re: Official Nabil Bentaleb Thread

I look forward to seeing him at the World Cup. I hope he can nail down a starting role for his nation.

I like Algerias group too, Belgium, Russia and South Korea.

Didn't even know he was in any way Algerian so am suprised.

Good luck to him though. If he plays will be great experience for him at such a young age.

I love Bentaleb. He looks class and makes it look so easy. He clearly has a talent, and I think he could be our little gem.

I think he will thrive on playing against the big teams so I would stick with him.

We wait for years for the next real talent to come through, then when one does, people complain that he's not good enough. FFS give the lad a chance to grow and mature as a player, its obvious he's got it, like you say he makes it looks so easy. At his age certain things make players succeed/fail, you can see he has confidence, maturity, having time on the ball, always showing for it, keeping his head and looking for the pass. The amount of people on here spitting feathers because Lamela hasn't been given a chance/how he's been treat etc, yet barring the odd flash of skill he hasn't shown a fraction of what this lad has...... i guess though he doesn't have a 30 million or whatever it was price tag.

Other teams rave about their youngsters.... i just don't get why some on here are so negative all the time about our own.

We wait for years for the next real talent to come through, then when one does, people complain that he's not good enough. FFS give the lad a chance to grow and mature as a player, its obvious he's got it, like you say he makes it looks so easy. At his age certain things make players succeed/fail, you can see he has confidence, maturity, having time on the ball, always showing for it, keeping his head and looking for the pass. The amount of people on here spitting feathers because Lamela hasn't been given a chance/how he's been treat etc, yet barring the odd flash of skill he hasn't shown a fraction of what this lad has...... i guess though he doesn't have a 30 million or whatever it was price tag.

Other teams rave about their youngsters.... i just don't get why some on here are so negative all the time about our own.

Honestly, because every player in Spurs has to be on, every game.

Spurs (not just rose tinted glasses) is unique to some extent in the PL, we are not part of the dross that makes up the numbers, and we are not part of the elite, creates a problem for our young, foreign, misfiring players of any kind.

You take a look at young players in Villa, Southampton, etc. really doesn't matter, the only ****ing goal is survival, if that young player has 3 decent games in 10, and helps create a result in the 3, then it's worth it for the club to continue.

Similarly a team at it's peak, a Cheat$ki/City/United of old can carry a young player because they can beat lower level teams based on the other players in the squad.

Spurs unfortunately can't have a player have 3/4/5 bad games, it's actually one of the reasons JD never made himself #1 here, if he played every game, would he get 15-20 goals a season, very likely, but somewhere in there would be a spell of 6-9 games with no goals and no real contribution and the side just couldn't carry it.

Bentaleb has a lot of promise, but a big part of his chance is here because Sandro was injured, when Sandro comes back, he may find play time less common.

Spurs (not just rose tinted glasses) is unique to some extent in the PL, we are not part of the dross that makes up the numbers, and we are not part of the elite, creates a problem for our young, foreign, misfiring players of any kind.

You take a look at young players in Villa, Southampton, etc. really doesn't matter, the only ****ing goal is survival, if that young player has 3 decent games in 10, and helps create a result in the 3, then it's worth it for the club to continue.

Similarly a team at it's peak, a Cheat$ki/City/United of old can carry a young player because they can beat lower level teams based on the other players in the squad.

Spurs unfortunately can't have a player have 3/4/5 bad games, it's actually one of the reasons JD never made himself #1 here, if he played every game, would he get 15-20 goals a season, very likely, but somewhere in there would be a spell of 6-9 games with no goals and no real contribution and the side just couldn't carry it.

Bentaleb has a lot of promise, but a big part of his chance is here because Sandro was injured, when Sandro comes back, he may find play time less common.

tickle my balls with a feather there.

The only point I'd contest is that when Sandro gets back we will likely still see Bentaleb in a midfield three with him and Paulinho

That is a great post and spot on imo. Look at how many proven internationals we have that can't get consistent game time..(Siggy, Lamela, Chadli, Capoue) so even tougher for an unproven youngster to get a run of games

I was appalled at how badly he played in the first half yesterday, repeatedly trying to trick or dance his way through that extra tackle (or two, three).

It may be the pitch was dodgy (true, but they do practise the day before and warm up on the night), or that team-mates were not making themselves available. Sometimes the orthodox is best.

In the second half he was not so bad, but did catch the Andros virus.

Hopefully he'll chalk this one up as a learning experience, and improve his game and/or mind-set.

I was appalled at how badly he played in the first half yesterday, repeatedly trying to trick or dance his way through that extra tackle (or two, three).

It may be the pitch was dodgy (true, but they do practise the day before and warm up on the night), or that team-mates were not making themselves available. Sometimes the orthodox is best.

In the second half he was not so bad, but did catch the Andros virus.

Hopefully he'll chalk this one up as a learning experience, and improve his game and/or mind-set.

I read/heard that they didn't actually train on the pitch the day before, presumably because it was in such a bad condition that training on it would make it even worse.

I agree that he wasn't anywhere near his best though, but very few players were. I appreciate players trying to make something happen even if it's not coming off.

We were in a slightly difficult position without a target man too so we couldn't just go direct or go for crosses as much.

Players have bad games, that's just the way it goes. Unfortunately most the team had a bad night.

We now have an international in our ranks...

Well done son - 2-0 win and played the whole game.

As I predicted whilst he was still in nappies - going to the World Cup with Algeria :D

pleased for him as with all young players when they go through their development they take a few step forwards and often will have one step back in there, nice to see players come through even if he came to the club a little later then some.

Though i heard the other day caulker came to us at 16 so Bentaleb i think we can call an academy product.

Algeria have a pretty good group at the World Cup, so I'll be keeping an even bigger eye out for them.

pleased for him as with all young players when they go through their development they take a few step forwards and often will have one step back in there, nice to see players come through even if he came to the club a little later then some.

Though i heard the other day caulker came to us at 16 so Bentaleb i think we can call an academy product.

interesting that bentaleb was once a failed academy player and was rejected at several clubs and we took some time to sign him up too. must have been sherwood then and now proudly displaying his capture!

[video=youtube;M2GaoPOnJXY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2GaoPOnJXY[/video]

The obligatory individual highlights of his his game last night. Never knew he had those step overs in his locker.

I look forward to seeing him at the World Cup. I hope he can nail down a starting role for his nation.

I like Algerias group too, Belgium, Russia and South Korea.

Makes a change considering how much you **** him off

[video=youtube;M2GaoPOnJXY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2GaoPOnJXY[/video]

The obligatory individual highlights of his his game last night. Never knew he had those step overs in his locker.

takes one right in the gentlemans

count em........1, 2, 4

Back