• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Re: Official Nabil Bentaleb Thread

He still has to improve. 'castle were terrible. But he needs to keep upping his game. He's done exceptionally well to take the step from youth team to first team. That takes balls and intelligence in itself. Now he has to keep improving, learning and taking his game on. He seems like smart kid. Well done Bentaleb and TS.

I like the look of him overall. He obviously needs to gain physically and in experience within this league but I think he could become a useful player for us. I was having a discussion with a QPR fan at work and he can't stand Carroll because he is so weak and seems to do nothing but pass sideways or backwards. I can't see us keeping both Carroll and Bentaleb within the first team structure really.

In my mind I am looking Bentaleb and thinking that although he is still light framed, he doesn't shirk physicals and putting himself about and I think that is why Bentaleb will probably be at Spurs longer but it also helps that he can play as well.

He still has to improve. 'castle were terrible. But he needs to keep upping his game. He's done exceptionally well to take the step from youth team to first team. That takes balls and intelligence in itself. Now he has to keep improving, learning and taking his game on. He seems like smart kid. Well done Bentaleb and TS.

Yes they were, but so many posters on this board keep going on about that. Perhaps part of the reason they were so bad is because we were very good today, and Bentaleb, despite a few mistakes, played very well.

With all the talk about how we wasted the "Bale" Money, how much would you value Bentaleb at this time? PS I am not Levy

If Luke Shaw is worth £20m then Bentaleb is too. Except of course he isnt English ;)

Yes they were, but so many posters on this board keep going on about that. Perhaps part of the reason they were so bad is because we were very good today, and Bentaleb, despite a few mistakes, played very well.

He has massive promise. He's played well from the off, with only maybe one game where he hasn't played incredibly well. So I'm all for him and he brings fast forward passing to the side - something no other player apart from Eriksen offers. But against better teams Bentaleb won't have it so easy. There is room from him to improve and he needs to keep working on his all round game.

So you ask the question what does he do????

is he like modders????

We all have to keep our feet on the ground but at this time he looks a massive prospect....

I reckon he's similar to a young Carrick....though he is more athletic.

So you ask the question what does he do????

is he like modders????

We all have to keep our feet on the ground but at this time he looks a massive prospect....

I reckon he's similar to a young Carrick....though he is more athletic.

He can be anything he wants to be. He's a quick thinker and he can pass and control a football as well as the best of them. He's got a decent shot on him too. I guess if he can work on and improve his shooting, dribbling and tackling he can be an all round midfield maestro - every coaches dream. The complete midfielder.

He's not there yet tho. Each game he's playing on adrenalin and he's 19! What were you doing at 19?

I like Bentaleb alot, today he looked like a young Javi Martinez

but, 2 key reasons why I wouldnt start him

1) if we are to say our 442 makes us weak then we have to say that Saudi Sportswashing Machine were always up against it against our 3 and Bentaleb as the spare man was made to look good (maybe thats a bit harsh I dont know)

2) I believe a 3 man midfield should consist of a ball winner, a box to box and a playmaker with ingenuity.

Sandro is the enforcer without fail.
Most who want Bentaleb feel that way because he plays more incisive than say Dembele but we have Eriksen who can pick up the ball from anywhere and make thos passes. At some point in games Eriksen will pick the ball up deep in turn Bentaleb will replace him higher up the pitch which by default loses an attacking option as Bentaleb doesnt seem to be the type to score many goals. This is why we have to have Paulinho in the side so when Eriksen plays a forward pass every teammate in front of him is a player who can do damage. All good teams have players rotating at some points in the game so players need more than just one speciality so I'm afraid Bentaleb just misses out if we are to be an overall more dangerous/versataile team.

for me it has to be
---------sandro
---paulinho eriksen
lamela ade townsend

sandro and bentaleb isnt threatening enough - Paulinho can score but also gives us defensive cover with his engine.

Last edited:

He has massive promise. He's played well from the off, with only maybe one game where he hasn't played incredibly well. So I'm all for him and he brings fast forward passing to the side - something no other player apart from Eriksen offers. But against better teams Bentaleb won't have it so easy. There is room from him to improve and he needs to keep working on his all round game.

I agree totally. For a young lad he has done very well and let's hope he improves as he matures, as he could end up being VERY good.

He can be anything he wants to be. He's a quick thinker and he can pass and control a football as well as the best of them. He's got a decent shot on him too. I guess if he can work on and improve his shooting, dribbling and tackling he can be an all round midfield maestro - every coaches dream. The complete midfielder.

He's not there yet tho. Each game he's playing on adrenalin and he's 19! What were you doing at 19?

great point......at 19 I was impregnating my ex......going out on the lash and smoking waccy baccy............at 19 I was a right knob...........still am:)

too bad no-one saw my footballing talent!

seriously ..sorry i must have been watching another game...hes 19 he will improve and its his first season

great point......at 19 I was impregnating my ex......going out on the lash and smoking waccy baccy............at 19 I was a right knob...........still am:)

too bad no-one saw my footballing talent!

Haha sounds about right. Happy days! As a pro footballer guess you have to do most of that at 30 instead.

Did anybody think that Bentaleb's performance yesterday was enhanced by having a DM (Capoue) alongside/behind him to 'set him free' as it were?

Did anybody think that Bentaleb's performance yesterday was enhanced by having a DM (Capoue) alongside/behind him to 'set him free' as it were?

Yes, Bentaleb is far too talented to spend his time just protecting the back four & breaking-up attacks.

He has great vision and an eye for a defence-splitting pass, so it makes sense for him to play further up the field.

He played a part in three of our four goals, something which I doubt he would've been able to do had he been sitting back.

yes capoue+ bentaleb = a more solid centre
but it isn't rocket science, all and sundry were calling out for the same.
good for bentaleb that he won't be accountable for both attacking and defending, so less pressure while he learns his trade.
but he is up for stiffer competition with dembele, paulinho, erisksen - but its good for the club, so many attacking midfield options. quite sure someone has to go next season, and it won't be bentaleb.

It will be whoever Real Madrid tell us to sell to them, as usual.

Back