• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Ultimately, if Bentaleb had been excelling in games and in training the situation wouldn't have arisen. Time for him to move on!

If he has a bricky attitude, I think that Poch would have cut him out regardless of his performances.

If he has a brickty attitude, I think that Poch would have cut him out regardless of his performances.

Well the attitude probably came from the frustration at not playing. And Poch is probably more pragmatic. Ultimately it all comes down to Bentaleb being good enough. He simply wasn't quite, though showed promise, and he needs to move to get first team football. Lets hope we get a good fee.

Well the attitude probably came from the frustration at not playing. And Poch is probably more pragmatic. Ultimately it all comes down to Bentaleb being good enough. He simply wasn't quite, though showed promise, and he needs to move to get first team football. Lets hope we get a good fee.

I think that you're getting a bit speculative there. Poch keeps a tight ship and not much gets out about what happens behind the scenes. I think that it very difficult to say with any certainty what is behind Bentaleb (or any other player's) departure, other than they didn't buy into Poch's methods.

I think that you're getting a bit speculative there. Poch keeps a tight ship and not much gets out about what happens behind the scenes. I think that it very difficult to say with any certainty what is behind Bentaleb (or any other player's) departure, other than they didn't buy into Poch's methods.

Humbly, I think that is far more speculative!

What do we know? That Bentaleb is hungry - the player voted by his peers most keen to train in preseason! He also had a taste of first team football. But he hasn't got much game time recently and he'll be 22 soon. Is it really Bentaleb not buying into Poch's methods, or an ambitious talented player wanting to play games?

Last edited:
Humbly, I think that is far more speculative!

What do we know? That Bentaleb is hungry - the player voted by his peers most keen to train in preseason. He also had a taste of first team football. But he hasn't got much game time recently and he'll be 22 soon. Is it really Bentaleb not buying into Poch's methods, or an ambitious talented player wanting to play games?

What do we know about players that have been excluded from training with the first team? Has every player that has left the club under Poch been stopped from training with the squad?

What do we know about players that have been excluded from training with the first team? Has every player that has left the club under Poch been stopped from training with the squad?

Well obviously, annoying Poch is not the only way to exit the club! I get what you are asking, what is the exit process, and certainly if you train well, Poch will take you within the squad, even if he doesn't play you. But some players have to depart. When they do, just as in a friendly small company, its rarely on the best terms.

Well obviously, annoying Poch is not the only way to exit the club! I get what you are asking, what is the exit process, and certainly if you train well, Poch will take you within the squad, even if he doesn't play you. But some players have to depart. When they do, just as in friendly small company, its rarely on the best terms.

The question is, has Bentaleb's attitude or actions precipitated his departure. I think that it probably has, rather than this being a simple case of a player being surplus to requirements.

The question is, has Bentaleb's attitude or actions precipitated his departure. I think that it probably has, rather than this being a simple case of a player being surplus to requirements.

Is there any reason why it can't be both? Why are they mutually exclusive in your opinion?

I think that both is very possible but I do not think that being excluded from the first team squad is standard practice for departing players and only happens if you tinkle Poch off.
Although, after Townsend was excluded Poch came out and praised his attitude and professionalism. Didn't get him back into the squad though. You could argue that was because Poch had decided he was no longer in his plans but it ceased to be his attitude that kept him banished.

So it seems that with Poch there's no way back once you've fallen out with him.

why can't you guys accept that bentaleb just isn't good enough?

Because he's always played really well and looks a proper player with huge potential; but then had one nightmare game that everyone remembers.

He's also always been unfairly criticised, either because of his Timmeh association or because of his rebellious facial hair, I'm not sure.

He's not in Poch's plans. While this may have been accelerated by Bentaleb spitting his dummy out at being 'just' a squad player, it doesn't change the underlying core issue - he is not good enough. If Bentaleb was starting games over others in the squad, this situation would not arise and he would stay. But he's not good enough to play over others, and he's off. Simple.

if a player is off, why should he train with the first team?

think about it: why aren't the other clubs all over him by now ?

Because we are demanding all the Pogba cash? We don't have leaks anymore, so who knows.

As Yoofs says, 12 months ago Dembele was going to Sunderland for about £12m, and Lamela was being flogged to Inter to pay for Berahino.

Back