• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Think levy can eek out 15m even if some of that is made up of addons.

Also foreign clubs don't seem to mind sell on clauses so might be able to squeeze 10% in that regard.

Levy should also look at offering them Chadli and the pair for around 25m plus a further 5m in addons :)

I think we should have taken that, can't see anyone in PL wanting him and they are the ones paying silly money.
£10M is an incredibly low bid for someone with his talent.

Didn't we get somewhere north of £13M for Townsend? That puts the starting bid for any player with a brain somewhere around £20M.

I think we should have taken that, can't see anyone in PL wanting him and they are the ones paying silly money.

Why not? He's done well in the PL in the past and is still young. I would think that there would be a fair chance of a PL club coming in for him late in the window.

I understand how people think it's low, but if he doesn't leave in this window his price isn't going to rise as Poch is not going to play him. Better to have the money and save his wages, as I 've said silly money only being paid by PL clubs. Maybe Everton, Palace, Watford or WBA might bid but can't see any others

I understand how people think it's low, but if he doesn't leave in this window his price isn't going to rise as Poch is not going to play him. Better to have the money and save his wages, as I 've said silly money only being paid by PL clubs. Maybe Everton, Palace, Watford or WBA might bid but can't see any others
We've got the FA Cup and the League Cup to play him in - enough for him to at least hold his value.

We've got the FA Cup and the League Cup to play him in - enough for him to at least hold his value.

I'm not so sure he'd get even a cup game now. From what Poch has said, he has asked to leave, so has been told to find himself a new club, and that there is no place for him to train with the first team as he is not going to be in Poch's plans. I don't get the impression Poch will go back on his word.

This would be the player of whom the manager says "he is not in my plans and he doesn't train with us" ? Hard to see him getting picked as I feel the manager would question his commitment.

I'm not so sure he'd get even a cup game now. From what Poch has said, he has asked to leave, so has been told to find himself a new club, and that there is no place for him to train with the first team as he is not going to be in Poch's plans. I don't get the impression Poch will go back on his word.

This would be the player of whom the manager says "he is not in my plans and he doesn't train with us" ? Hard to see him getting picked as I feel the manager would question his commitment.
Seeing as we're in an important cup competition this season I'd expect us to play the kids in those. My understanding is that he's been training with the kids, why not play with them in the cups?

Seeing as we're in an important cup competition this season I'd expect us to play the kids in those. My understanding is that he's been training with the kids, why not play with them in the cups?

I get the logic. I just don't read it as there being any way back for Bentaleb if he has said he wants to leave. Assuming Poch is picking the team for the cup games, then Poch has said Bentaleb does not feature in his plans. Ergo Bentaleb will not be picked for the cup games. i would very much love to be wrong on this, however.

I get the logic. I just don't read it as there being any way back for Bentaleb if he has said he wants to leave. Assuming Poch is picking the team for the cup games, then Poch has said Bentaleb does not feature in his plans. Ergo Bentaleb will not be picked for the cup games. i would very much love to be wrong on this, however.

I think he's being used to fund more purchases. I don't think there is a big problem with Bentaleb. Pretty simple, he's not suitable for a starting place, understandably he wants to play and needs to to develop, so he's being sold. From the club perspective, if he generates aorund 15m, then everyone wins.

I think he's being used to fund more purchases. I don't think there is a big problem with Bentaleb. Pretty simple, he's not suitable for a starting place, understandably he wants to play and needs to to develop, so he's being sold. From the club perspective, if he generates aorund 15m, then everyone wins.

I don't think that he would be training with the U21s if that was the case.

I don't think that he would be training with the U21s if that was the case.

If the conversation was something like, "play me in the first team or I'm off." Then why would Poch keep him training with the first team? He's surplus to requirements and wants to go, and will be sold. Doesn't mean there is a massive rift between player and coach does it?

If the conversation was something like, "play me in the first team or I'm off." Then why would Poch keep him training with the first team? He's surplus to requirements and wants to go, and will be sold. Doesn't mean there is a massive rift between player and coach does it?

I'd taken from your original post that you were saying that it was a mutually beneficial situation. If Bentaleb gave Poch an ultimatum then he has given the manager no option. The manager has to be more important than any player.

I think that if Bentaleb was willing to fight for his place, he'd be in the squad.

I'd taken from your original post that you were saying that it was a mutually beneficial situation. If Bentaleb gave Poch an ultimatum then he has given the manager no option. The manager has to be more important than any player.

I think that if Bentaleb was willing to fight for his place, he'd be in the squad.

Yes it is. We have a lot of players who can play CM and Bentaleb wasn't going to command a place. He fought for his place last season, and hardly featured. Sure Bentaleb could have towed the line, kept his head down trained with the team, but he wasn't happy to be backup and not playing, and Poch will be happy to reinvest the money elsewhere and upgrade the squad.

It's not easy developing the squad after coming 3rd, but we have to. Peripheral players have to be sold to make room for new academy players and new signings, otherwise things go stale.

Last edited:
Yes it is. We have a lot of players who can play CM and Bentaleb wasn't going to command a place. He fought for his place last season, and hardly featured. Sure Bentaleb could have towed the line, kept his head down trained with the team, but he wasn't happy to be backup and not playing, and Poch will be happy to reinvest the money elsewhere and upgrade the squad.

It's not easy developing the squad after coming 3rd, but we have to. Peripheral players have to be sold to make room for new academy players and new signings, otherwise things go stale.

It would be interesting to know who Pritchard was training with before he left. If it was the first team, it would point towards there being an issue with Bentaleb.

It would be interesting to know who Pritchard was training with before he left. If it was the first team, it would point towards there being an issue with Bentaleb.

Yes. But it probably wasn't black and white. Bentaleb possibly a little out of turn, Poch not that bothered to see him go.

Ultimately, if Bentaleb had been excelling in games and in training the situation wouldn't have arisen. Time for him to move on!

Back