• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Multiple teams

Growing up on Merseyside, I have been going to Tranmere for years, but I don't hold any emotional tie to them. It's more a case of wanting to see live football.

I do like certain teams in different countries, but I wouldn't say I was a fan. If anything it gives a reason to check the results each week. I had a Barca top with Ronaldo on the back when I was a kid so always had a soft spot for them. Plus I love going to the city. Ajax always had a tradition of good football so I like the prestige of that club. Also love Amsterdam. Celtic I've always followed as I was raised by Irish Catholics, but I couldn't name a starting X1 since Larsson left.

If Spurs played any of these teams, it would never cross my mind to want anyone bar Spurs to do well

Spurs through and through

look out for Celtic because a) Irish Catholic upbringing, and b) played for Stanmore Celtic for many years (distant affiliation to Celtic FC)

also look out for Barnet as it was my local team growing up and dad used to take me there. I recall seeing Jimmy Greaves at the end of his career scoring a cracking 25 yard volley at underhill, only because he was too fat and slow to run with it, so he just leathered it into the corner. Used to love the fans changing ends at half-time too !!

How do you feel about fans who support multiple clubs? Okay as long as they are in separate leagues or never okay?

Never okay to support multiple clubs for me.
I have soft spots for Athletic (Bilbao), Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Celtic, Ajax and St. Pauli, but i don't support them.

Last edited:
I Tend to have a club in major leagues that I follow. I dont suport them, but on the occasion i go to that country I will go see a game, I dont like to watch games without wanting one team or another to win. But I only Support Tottenham.

Scotland: Aberdeen ( cos when i was young Willie Miller was just such a funny name )
France: Marseille ( due to Waddle going there )
Germany: Bayern Munich ( dont know why really, think it was because I really liked Lothar Mattheus )
Portugal: Porto ( after we played them in the early 90's i started to like them, but my other half is portuguese and they support Benfica so im liking them more )
Spain: Barcelona ( been to a game and mainly because of Lineker and Archibald )
Italy: Inter Milan ( cos Lothar was there )
Belguim: Club Brugge ( again because i have been there )
Holland: Ajax ( like their unique kit )

I was shirt crazy a few years back as well and have nearly all these kits.

Of course you can have a 2nd team, as long as in a different country for whatever reason.
For me, I lived in Toronto for a few years, the team formed while I was there so naturally I support them as well.

Back