• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Multiple teams

Amor

Nicola Berti
How do you feel about fans who support multiple clubs? Okay as long as they are in separate leagues or never okay?

How do you feel about fans who support multiple clubs? Okay as long as they are in separate leagues or never okay?

I think you can have a soft spot for other clubs (mine happens to be QPR) but you can only truly support one club.

yeah, I have an interest in Exeter city as it's the family team, if I'm there I'll go to the game but I wouldn't say I support them

ironically I probably enjoy watching them more than spurs as them not winning doesn't leave me filled with anger and remorse like this lot normally do

Multiple teams or (even worse) switching clubs is the behaviour of the ultimate plastic fan. I have no issue with people keeping an eye out for other clubs or enjoying watching a particular team though.

I have a team that I 'like' in almost every league across western Europe, but there's only one team I support

Multiple teams or (even worse) switching clubs is the behaviour of the ultimate plastic fan. I have no issue with people keeping an eye out for other clubs or enjoying watching a particular team though.

Totally agree with that.

You can only ever support one team.

I think you can have a soft spot for other clubs (mine happens to be QPR) but you can only truly support one club.

I agree with this. I have favoured teams in many countries, and even have teams in England whose results I follow but I certainly wouldn't say I support anyone other than Spurs.

Spurs are the team I support but I look out for Yeovil's scores and even go to the occasional match.

If you've at a young age lived in different countries for a long period of time , then you'll automatically support more clubs like me. 2 in my case

If you've at a young age lived in different countries for a long period of time , then you'll automatically support more clubs like me. 2 in my case

I fit this bill. Spurs are the only team I truly support, however, having lived in Istanbul, I followed Galatasaray during my time there and still look out for them and will support them in non-Spurs related European games (I absolutely LOVED it when they beat the Scum in the CWC final!). Also attended plenty of Sydney FC and a few Wellington Phoenix games.

Barnet are my hometown club so I keep an eye out for them and used to go to quite a few games at Underhill.

Wouldn't say i 'support' another team, but I look out for Portsmouth results (went to uni there) and regularly watch Real Madrid, cos its where half the Spurs team end up :)

No way. Spurs or nothing for me. Having said that I pretty much idolised Ronaldo (Nazario) and followed his career and always cheered when he scored. But not like Spurs. Nothing comes close.

I have a soft spot for AC Milan due to the coverage they got when I was growing up with Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baresi, Maldini et al. Fortunately enough I managed to watch AC Milan v Spurs at the San Siro in the Champions League which was fantastic but I support Spurs. Having an interest in Milan is nice but Spurs are my true love and have been since I was a child.

I support Spurs, there is no room for others....

I only want other teams to win for the gain of us... i.e this season... whoever Everton, Liverpool and Utd play...

Spurs and only Spurs

Spurs are the only club to have given me 30 years of weekly anger, misery and failure with the odd bit of pleasure here and there.

I have a soft spot for Dortmund, every stage of the Champions League last season I had an accumulator and I included Dortmund. They were the only team letting me down in the Quarter Final accumulator so I darted to the pub across the road to watch the last half hour or so and they scored two goals in injury time.

My rule was to take the winnings from one round and bet it all on the next round. Stopped that in the semis as it was getting harder to call a winner, but still had a little bet on Dortmund qualifying for the final at Real's expense. All in all I turned a tenner into about £170 so used some of it to buy a Dortmund shirt.

Other reasons I like Dortmund;

1. They play in yellow. It's my favourite colour.
2. It's an excuse to go to Zeitgeist (nice German pub in Vauxhall to watch games)
3. They're a Champions League team and I might as well support a CL team until Spurs qualify again [-o<
4. F*ck Bayern. Really wanted Bayern to lose the final last season as they didn't win it when it mattered.

Saying all that I wouldn't say I supported them, I'd be hard pushed to name more than about three of their players..

i used to live near barnet and then ealing so went to see barnet and brentford play a few times a season and I always look out for their results but I only ever got emotionally involved with tottenham

Season ticket holder for Toronto FC, so yeah, there's one mistress.

I've had great experiences in other stadia and find myself pulling for those clubs - Sevilla, St. Etienne, Glasgow Rangers, Nottingham Forest.

But nothing swings my mood like Spurs. Elated when we win, in a foul ffckin' mood when we lose. My wife knows the outcome with a first glance.

I'm fourth generation Spurs and it's been my familys team since the 1920's so I had no choice in who I would support.

I used to love and support both Spurs and the England football team, now I only love Spurs. In the 2010 world cup I honestly didn't give a monkeys whether England won the World Cup or got knocked out in the groups. Same with Euro 2012. Now days I actually hope for Englands failure to qualify just because the media hype and delusion then inevitable criticism and despair drives me insane.

My support definantly only goes to Spurs. I look out for Cambridge United's results just because it's where I was born and 14 miles away from where I've grown up. I also look out for Newmarket Towns (9th or 10th level of the pyramid I think) results because that's the town I grew up in.

I have a huge soft spot for Borussia Dortmund and a slight one for Athletic Bilbao but I'd never in a million year see myself feeling such a level of support for a club other than Spurs.

I accept that some people can genuinley support more than one club though and I respect that completley.

Back