• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I was speaking about his time at the club, not last night.

Feel free to have a pop at me, but at least make sure you understand the point you want to have a go at first.

Yup, fully aware of that... like I said, if the coaching staff continued to play the guy for so many games, that would imply they're either insane or incompetent (maybe a mix of both). But yeah, I already had to state in a previous post that I respect your opinion on almost every other matter to make it clear I'm not trying to attack you personally.

Had they tried to make him a mainstay of the side while he played like that you might have a point.

Except they didnt, really. He was pretty quickly dropped to the bench and only used in a "needs must" capacity, wasnt he?

I posted his appearance stats and minutes, so I thought it suggested he wasn't first-team material but a decent squad option. I think people were very harsh on him though, judging him based off a few really poor performances which, let's be honest, even Eriksen or Kane have had.
My opinion here is that if Poch really didn't rate him, he wouldn't have fielded him at all, even from the bench. Maybe if Lamela wasn't out injured so long, Sissoko wouldn't have gotten as many chances.

Actually he started ok, not great but with promise, and then descended into utter turd. Where he stayed for a long time.

He was as terrible as was made out. Thats why people said he was as terrible as they did.

Not that statements like this come as a surprise, youve been re-writing history with him all along.

I thought he was good last night. I thought his pass to Kane was very good. And then predictably this thread is OTT on it all.

This thread isn't OTT. It's perfectly in line for a guy that put in a pretty fudging great shift last night.

I haven't rewritten history on him at all. But it would be great to really try and nail this down. My feeling is generally, a terrible start. Then he didn't play much in the second half of his first season. Then he was a good squad player for most of his second season, and this season he's been one of our best performing players. Where do you disagree? Clearly that he was a good squad player last year, because to admit that, you would then have to admit you were totally wrong on him, and that your criticism was way OTT.

But let's do it:

16/17 season:

• Played his first game in a great team performance and 2-0 home win over Pep's City. Started.
  • Pulls up no trees in a start at West Brom. Comes on late vs Leverkeusen away. Helps us to a 0-0 draw at Bournemouth by throwing an elbow at Harry Arter and getting sent off. Banned for 3 domestic games.
  • Comes on against Leverkeusen and puts in an atrocious performance. Looks like he can't control a football.
  • Is due to return to the squad away at Chelsea but offers some media quotes that Poch takes action on, and gets dropped.
  • Comes on against Swansea and gets an assist. Comes on against United away for a 1-0 loss. Probably our biggest threat against Darmian.
  • Starts the 3-0 home win vs Hull. Good contribution to one of our goals in the 2-1 win at home to Burnley.
  • The team then hits serious form and he doesn't really get a game. Starts and plays well at right wing-back in the 6-1 away win at Leceister.
I've been willing to concede his first few games were terrible. I think the big negative reaction came from the Leverkeusen home game, which is our return at home in the CL and we're not playing well. He played really badly, and sucked in alot of the negative energy. He does himself no favours with the quotes before the Chelsea game and barely gets into the side post Christmas as we hit amazing form. I'm not saying this means we can say he was good when he wasn't making the team, but I am arguing against the idea he routinely put in terrible performances. It's hard to do that when you're on the bench or in the stands!!

17/18 season he was in and out of the side a lot, but played in good wins against Saudi Sportswashing Machine away, Everton away, West Ham away, Real Madrid at home, not to mention other good performances in draws like Madrid away. The only real 'lol Sissoko can't trap a ball' performance is the one at Leceister, and even that was way better than the game against Leverkeusen.

He was made out to be way worse than he was. And it isn't a surprise to anyone that had the perfectly reasonable idea that he was regularly playing and kept around meaning he probably had something about him, and now lo and behold with a bit of confidence and momentum, he's kept improving.

Never going to deny he didn't reach the heights of this season before, but he's hit another level again to the point he is now one of our most important players. We are currently 3rd in the League and CL quarter finalists. For him to be doing that well in a side that is this good, it says something.

Surely, Mrs. Sissoko, you're leaving out our favourite memory.

Dinking the ball, at full gallop, over a bewildered Marcelo.

Otherwise, you have your boy's career here well in hand.

Actually he started ok, not great but with promise, and then descended into utter turd. Where he stayed for a long time.

He was as terrible as was made out. Thats why people said he was as terrible as they did.

Not that statements like this come as a surprise, youve been re-writing history with him all along.

I thought he was good last night. I thought his pass to Kane was very good. And then predictably this thread is OTT on it all.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You guys just don't give up, do you?

But then, who the hell cares?

WE LOVE SISSOKO AND SISSOKO LOVES US!!!

I feel like my views on Sissoko have gone like this:

1. Cant wait til we sell this qunt...

2. He's improved a bit, but won't get a look in once the others are fit...

3. He's improved a lot, well worth keeping as a squad player...

4. Phuck, if he keeps up this level of performance, he will stay here as a first choice midfield player and rightly so!

Does anyone speak French? There was a video by Aurier and Siss after the game, sounded like Aurier was laughingly calling Sissoko "Pirlo" because of his assist.

I don’t speak French, but pretty sure Pirlo is pronounced Pirlo in French:D....

I'm pretty sure it's "But I'll let the funky music do the talking"

In seriousness I don't know if it's worth asking if you're aware that different nationalities will have different ways of pronouncing names..?

I feel like my views on Sissoko have gone like this:

1. Cant wait til we sell this qunt...

2. He's improved a bit, but won't get a look in once the others are fit...

3. He's improved a lot, well worth keeping as a squad player...

4. Phuck, if he keeps up this level of performance, he will stay here as a first choice midfield player and rightly so!

Great post.
I had the same views earlier on.
But he has proved me wrong, and I suppose you and a LOT of other fans.
Unfortunately, a few people are still holding their initial views, and WON"T admit that they were wrong.
Very SAD. :(

Great post.
I had the same views earlier on.
But he has proved me wrong, and I suppose you and a LOT of other fans.
Unfortunately, a few people are still holding their initial views, and WON"T admit that they were wrong.
Very SAD. :(
Hold on, some fans may not agree with your view but who is to say their's are any less valid?

Until October I was convinced he would never be good enough to wear the shirt and wanted him out forthwith but hands up, I have since come round and happy to admit I was wrong.

But I can see why others might continue to take a different view. As good as he has been, like all players he still has his limitations and some of those, such as his clumsy, ungainly style, his proneness to mistakes and/or his embarrassing limitations in front of goal might be seen as perfectly valid reasons to say he does not belong in a Tottenham shirt.

This forum is all about opinions and there is no law that dictates we all have to agree on everything, in fact quite the reverse.

Hold on, some fans may not agree with your view but who is to say their's are any less valid?

Until October I was convinced he would never be good enough to wear the shirt and wanted him out forthwith but hands up, I have since come round and happy to admit I was wrong.

But I can see why others might continue to take a different view. As good as he has been, like all players he still has his limitations and some of those, such as his clumsy, ungainly style, his proneness to mistakes and/or his embarrassing limitations in front of goal might be seen as perfectly valid reasons to say he does not belong in a Tottenham shirt.

This forum is all about opinions and there is no law that dictates we all have to agree on everything, in fact quite the reverse.

Hahahahaha, yes, “all about opinions” etc,...well here’s one.

Move on people. And just accept that he has had a superb season overall and been a VERY important part of us being 3rd in and in the CL QFs despite all our issues.

Sometimes (in my opinion!) this forum gets stuck in reverse far too often.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Hahahahaha, yes, “all about opinions” etc,...well here’s one.

Move on people. And just accept that he has had a superb season overall and been a VERY important part of us being 3rd in and in the CL QFs despite all our issues.

Sometimes (in my opinion!) this forum gets stuck in reverse far too often.

Important? Yes, absolutely. Superb? Absolutely not, unless youve a VERY relaxed definition of the term.

And herein lies the double standard. Anyone blowing OTT smoke up his ass is completely welcome, and anyone who might disagree is really not.

Back