• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I think it was a great ball, but I don’t think the likes of Sherwood and Henry have shown enough knowledge and understanding to be treated as authorities on the game.
I think ex professionals who have played at the highest level would know what constitutes a difficult pass to be fair....

I think it was a great ball, but I don’t think the likes of Sherwood and Henry have shown enough knowledge and understanding to be treated as authorities on the game.
You're right, but how often do ex-pros sit in the studio and laugh at a player?

I didn't realise he had come on (I was trying to make something to eat) until one of our players struggled to control the ball. It could only be one. At least he managed to prod it on to Trippier to cross for the goal.

I thought it was quite funny.

Just prior to that he played a superb defence splitting ball, which was quite brilliant. I was thinking, maybe time out of the side has left him opportunity to work on a few things. And then within a minute or two he nearly tackled himself in that situation, so maybe not :D

Had to laugh.

I thought it was quite funny.

Just prior to that he played a superb defence splitting ball, which was quite brilliant. I was thinking, maybe time out of the side has left him opportunity to work on a few things. And then within a minute or two he nearly tackled himself in that situation, so maybe not :D

Had to laugh.
Didn't he then recover to play a perfect ball to Trippier?

Didn't he then recover to play a perfect ball to Trippier?

He did.

Although, poking it out to the player in space in front of you really shouldnt be beyond even him.

Point being, as ever with Sissoko, even when he does something good (and I thought that pass prior was brilliant) he will follow it up with some sort of buffoonery.

He did.

Although, poking it out to the player in space in front of you really shouldnt be beyond even him.

Point being, as ever with Sissoko, even when he does something good (and I thought that pass prior was brilliant) he will follow it up with some sort of buffoonery.
and yet Dele Alli can have a complete air shot in the box and your quote on him is:

I thought he was excellent yesterday, really stepped up and took a lead when we needed someone to. Top class.

Yes, because I thought Alli was excellent yesterday. That doesnt mean perfect, by any stretch.

Sissoko? I actually was ambivalent on yesterday, he was was fine.

I just found it amusing that he did something noticeably really good, and promptly followed it up with some terrible touch/control in an almost comical manner.

What is your point exactly? Trying to make a claim of double standards or something?

If so, Id suggest you find a case when its actually true, you wont get far with this one.

He was good yesterday, brilliant even by his standards.
Let"s not lose sight of the fact that we play at very high tempo and ALL our players lose control and do something to make them look silly.
Son and dele have both had fresh air swipes in our last two games.

Yes, because I thought Alli was excellent yesterday. That doesnt mean perfect, by any stretch.

Sissoko? I actually was ambivalent on yesterday, he was was fine.

I just found it amusing that he did something noticeably really good, and promptly followed it up with some terrible touch/control in an almost comical manner.

What is your point exactly? Trying to make a claim of double standards or something?

If so, Id suggest you find a case when its actually true, you wont get far with this one.
I think it is pretty clear that you have these, yes. As evidenced above.

Sissoko came on as sub and had a good game. His poor touch, that he recovered from and put a good ball through to Trippier wasn't as much a comedy moment as Dell's air shot, but there is only one of the two moments that you choose to dwell on.

I think Sissoko is now in the perfect role for us, on the bench and can come on in games where we are protecting a lead and can play on the break.

He was good yesterday, brilliant even by his standards.
Let"s not lose sight of the fact that we play at very high tempo and ALL our players lose control and do something to make them look silly.
Son and dele have both had fresh air swipes in our last two games.

All true ... they have credit in the bank to suggest that it's not service as usual

I think it is pretty clear that you have these, yes. As evidenced above.

Sissoko came on as sub and had a good game. His poor touch, that he recovered from and put a good ball through to Trippier wasn't as much a comedy moment as Dell's air shot, but there is only one of the two moments that you choose to dwell on.

I think Sissoko is now in the perfect role for us, on the bench and can come on in games where we are protecting a lead and can play on the break.

I made no particular judgement on Sissoko, simply observed one moment he was quite brilliant, swiftly followed by a moment I thought was amusing. I havent assessed his performance at all, just made a simple observation.

You might want to infer some sort of intent or meaning to that, as is your want, but I assure you its simply not there. You would be wrong to do so.

Sissoko wasnt on the pitch long enough for me to have any particular thoughts on.

My thoughts made on Alli were on his performance over the whole game, I cited no particular incidents at all, its not even the same thing. What you have evidenced above is I was positive about one player, less so about another in an entirely separate thread and context, and decided to somehow link and contextualise them.

It really shouldnt need defending, but you also chose to try and pick me out on it, so here we are.

All true ... they have credit in the bank to suggest that it's not service as usual

As I said in the previous page, I honestly can’t remember the last time Sissoko ‘spazzed’ it like that. It just isn’t normal service, beyond a few really bad games he had for us when he joined.

Back