• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

He should be useful from the bench as his running will have more impact against tiring teams. I can see why Poch trusts him to do a job.

He might be a bit of a clown to the rest of the world, but he's our clown, so they can all go and fudge themselves, just wish the fans would pull together like the players. Every player wearing our shirts deserves our support.

That's what gets teams relegated

As I said in the previous page, I honestly can’t remember the last time Sissoko ‘spazzed’ it like that.

You wouldnt though, would you?

He does it frequently.

Of course, all players do. I think the problem with Sissoko is that many have come to expect it, and then he delivers, reinforcing the point of view.

And to be straight here - Im really not trying to pick him out. I thought the situation was funny, he played a blinding ball - and the very next action nearly tackled himself. It tickled me, its like - whatever he does he cant help but give ammunition for anyone who doesnt rate him.

He should be useful from the bench as his running will have more impact against tiring teams. I can see why Poch trusts him to do a job.

Seems to be his job now. Come in to pack midfield, offer legs on the break.

Its about the best we can get from him IMO. And I prefer him doing that sort of job than starting.

I didnt want him on yesterday, I wanted to see Moura so was disappointed - but cant argue, he helped see the game out.

He does it frequently.

Of course, all players do. I think the problem with Sissoko is that many have come to expect it, and then he delivers, reinforcing the point of view.

And to be straight here - Im really not trying to pick him out. I thought the situation was funny, he played a blinding ball - and the very next action nearly tackled himself. It tickled me, its like - whatever he does he cant help but give ammunition for anyone who doesnt rate him.

That's it in a nutshell though isn"t it.
Whether it's Hugo's kicking, Jan's body language, dele diving, lamela one foot, Erikson shirking a tackle, etc, as soon as they do it there's someone with a point to prove jumping all over it.
None of them are perfect, appreciate what they give us, the good far outweighs the bad.

That's what gets teams relegated

Never seen a fan score a goal or save a penalty, just the negativity on here about certain players and the team is never ending, perhaps it's people who have never seen the dross that's been served up over the years who just can't appreciate how good things are at the moment.

He does it frequently.

I’m sorry but he just does not do it frequently.

That's it in a nutshell though isn"t it.
Whether it's Hugo's kicking, Jan's body language, dele diving, lamela one foot, Erikson shirking a tackle, etc, as soon as they do it there's someone with a point to prove jumping all over it.
None of them are perfect, appreciate what they give us, the good far outweighs the bad.

Just like someone else is prepared to jump all over anyone who happens to mention any of these things, even if it's just as a joke.

Could not agree more, but do not expect the " haters" to agree with that.

Please. No hating here when a player comes off the bench I think great time to change it up. With him I just look at the bench and think who else.

But fair play to him for sticking it out. I think he is out of his depth. However I'm not looking for him to fail or fudge up to be proven right

I’m sorry but he just does not do it frequently.

He really does. He does it every game. You are either deluded, blinding yourself or simply lying.

Im not saying he is the only one, all players mis control at times.

The difference with him is it is often jarring just like that yesterday. He was clearly lining up to use his right, but managed to hit it with his left and so had to adjust to compensate.

This is a fairly regular feature of his game.

Just as, I think 3 times at least this season, Ive seen him "control" the ball yards ahead of him so he has to chase it down. What was meant to be stopping the ball ends up with him charging through midfield chasing his own touch.

Just like someone else is prepared to jump all over anyone who happens to mention any of these things, even if it's just as a joke.

Are you meaning me?
I will defend any of our players who I think are getting Unfair criticism.
If I think it's fair I try and resist the temptation to join in.

Are you meaning me?
I will defend any of our players who I think are getting Unfair criticism.
If I think it's fair I try and resist the temptation to join in.

Just a general observation. I shouldn't have to post something negative about every player just because I made a comment on Sissoko. Neither should I have to shower him with praise for only being slightly worse than the rest.

He has an incredibly awkward technique and regularly struggle with the simplest things. If he wasn't a Spurs player I'd be laughing my ass off instead of having a mild chuckle.

Just a general observation. I shouldn't have to post something negative about every player just because I made a comment on Sissoko. Neither should I have to shower him with praise for only being slightly worse than the rest.

He has an incredibly awkward technique and regularly struggle with the simplest things. If he wasn't a Spurs player I'd be laughing my ass off instead of having a mild chuckle.

He doesn’t regularly struggle with the simplest things at all, he just doesn’t.

He doesn’t regularly struggle with the simplest things at all, he just doesn’t.

Honestly our evaluations of professional players coping with first touch, fast decision making, and productivity are possibly different.

I Don't hate him or try to pounce at any opportunity to berate the man .... but as previous have said he is more on the comical side than that poch created beast of a player.

I look at players that have improved under poch since his tenure, sissoko would be good biggest success.

He is a beast of a specimen and should be doing far far better than his premier league history suggests. He is a French international player, playing on the big stage and fair play to him. He is likely to be off this summer and I wish him all the luck.

Honestly our evaluations of professional players coping with first touch, fast decision making, and productivity are possibly different.

I Don't hate him or try to pounce at any opportunity to berate the man .... but as previous have said he is more on the comical side than that poch created beast of a player.

I look at players that have improved under poch since his tenure, sissoko would be good biggest success.

He is a beast of a specimen and should be doing far far better than his premier league history suggests. He is a French international player, playing on the big stage and fair play to him. He is likely to be off this summer and I wish him all the luck.

To be clear, I’m talking about ‘lol classic Sissoko ridiculous misconstrols when easier to trap it’ which I don’t think happens every game. I’m not talking about the slight mis controls that every player in every game has, even the best ones.

I think an ever increasing amount of people are fed up with the targeting or making a joke out of a player that is clearly well liked by our squad and is clearly fulfilling a role in the squad. Part of the fun of supporting Spurs is being behind a club and a team that is all pulling in the same direction, that the crowd really gets behind. Just a little bit unsavoury when almost every other player gets treated positively but just one has to be the butt of the jokes. ‘I wasn’t watching and then I saw someone miscontrolled the ball, must have been Sissoko’ is just a bizarre joke to make for a player of a team you support. But if it gets you a few back slaps, I guess that’s cool too.

Didn’t Sissoko play well yesterday? Shouldn’t that be enough to give him some space? All players mis control balls from time time, sometimes they use it to their advantage. Sissoko did too, picking out Trippier and sealing the game with the 4th goal. He played a nice through ball for Son as well. He can be ungainly, but he also showed sparks of quality, maturity, power, passing, pace. It’s a choice what you focus on. Nitpick any player and you’ll find something.

Not easy for him playing a bit part without being a regular, while also being laughed at by some of his own ‘fans’.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Back