• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

For point 1 to stand you'll have to demonstrate that no managers ever make mistakes. We both know that even the best do.

Point 2 you're nearly there but not quite. There is certainly an argument to be made for the clogging style of football. Allardyce, Pulis, Hughes and to some extent Mourinho have all had their teams working above the sum of their parts that way.

But all the very top teams, the ones with sustained success are ones that control the game, the ones that keep possession, the ones that can break down stubborn teams and the ones that have more skillful players than the opposition. Sissoko doesn't fit that mould.

Scraping the barrel a bit, Scara... me thinks

Of course all managers make mistakes; but the successful ones recognise them. correct them and never repeat them; that is how they become better than the rest.

To state that the only reason an acclaimed coach like Deschamps consistently chooses Sissoko as a regular in his French team - leaving out other midfielders who are better to "keep possession, ...break down stubborn teams and... have more skill than the opposition" - is because of gross incompetence (the definition of repeated mistake making) is at best incredulous....

Scraping the barrel a bit, Scara... me thinks

Of course all managers make mistakes; but the successful ones recognise them. correct them and never repeat them; that is how they become better than the rest.

To state that the only reason an acclaimed coach like Deschamps consistently chooses Sissoko as a regular in his French team - leaving out other midfielders who are better to "keep possession, ...break down stubborn teams and... have more skill than the opposition" - is because of gross incompetence (the definition of repeated mistake making) is at best incredulous....
It's ok, you don't have to understand it - you just have to agree.

Putting points across in simplistic terms isn't a strong point of mine, so you'll either have to rely on someone else to break it down for you or live with not getting it.

Sissoko hasn’t been in the last few french squads has he?

International football is a level below the PL, another reason he may look better for France?

It's ok, you don't have to understand it - you just have to agree.

Putting points across in simplistic terms isn't a strong point of mine, so you'll either have to rely on someone else to break it down for you or live with not getting it.

Sorry mate... agreeing with - let alone relying on - condescending, self-righteous, patronising arrogance was never really my forte.

I have to praise Sissoko for doing his normal act of jogging forward on the break, leaving the room for Alli to score 2-0.

Sounds like someone regularly goes to the premier inn
I stayed on one once, it was surprisingly not terrible.

The slop from the "restaurant" next door wasn't fit for pigs but the room was ok. The decor was a bit gaudy, the bed not overly comfortable and the room lacking in all the niceties one would expect from a hotel room. It was clean though, and quiet.

Is this the West Ham thread? Sissoko is rubbish and pointless when we dominate a game as much as this.

He plays football like a labrador in a carrier bag.

Back