• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

I still remember against Lyon... OK so I don't remember well, but I think it was against Lyon... a few seconds to go... some bugger had to step up and score... he just did his usual drop shoulder, side step, BANGED it in the net. So flipping easy for him. He does that move 40 times per game but doesn't shoot. But when the chips were down he did and scored.

Reminded me a lot of Jenas, never scored until we were 173 down to Ars.Anal with 3 seconds left, then he goes "Oh, what me, you mean, just kick it in the top corner? OK" BOOM. Mentals

You can see why he might want to leave with the Euros next summer if he is not going to be starting many games

I can but I am thinking from our club's perspective rather than his.

If Benji has gone we cant really afford to sell him unless we have already signed someone else in that position. nah I don't think we will sell him, I think he has a big part to play this season.

I can but I am thinking from our club's perspective rather than his.

If Benji has gone we cant really afford to sell him unless we have already signed someone else in that position. nah I don't think we will sell him, I think he has a big part to play this season.

I don't think that he features in Poch's plans at the base of midfield. If he is going to feature it is going to be as one of the three behind the striker, so that is where we need depth if he is going to leave.

I don't think that he features in Poch's plans at the base of midfield. If he is going to feature it is going to be as one of the three behind the striker, so that is where we need depth if he is going to leave.
He did well there and I wouldn't mind seeing him there against Utd on the opening day.

Behind Kane? Neither would I.

It would be an interesting option as I wouldnt back either of the United holders to want to drop on him to get the ball and their centre backs will struggle going out to him

It's where he played to great effect against arsenal, Everton and west Brom

Mousa Dembele a Tottenham enigma amid Sunderland transfer rumours

After a Tottenham training session last year, each player was asked to pick the most talented member of the squad. One name cropped up more than any other; that of Mousa Dembele.

The Belgian midfielder was the players' player. The footballer with the skills and attributes they most envied and admired. What could the professionals see in training that few others got to see on match days at White Hart Lane?

It's a question many fans have come to ask and yet the answer remains tantalising out of reach. Even his current status at the club is an enigma. While some believe Dembele is definitely not for sale and will remain at the club, others feel he's only a step or two away from joining Sunderland.

Rumour and counter-rumour are football's lifeblood in the close season but there's something curiously apposite about Dembele finding himself at the centre of such opposing statements.

He looks the perfect footballer. If you had to construct someone from scratch, you would come up with something looking very like him. He's physically strong, with above average pace and an astonishing capacity to retain the ball when under pressure. Dembele can ghost past defences almost at will and he has a powerful left foot shot.

That was the Dembele that played at Fulham and for which Spurs paid more than £15 million in 2012. At Craven Cottage, Dembele was Fulham's heart-beat; at White Hart Lane he has all too often been their Achilles heel. He is still brilliant when on the ball but only rarely does he do anything creative with it.

He slips past defenders only to stop and allow them to regroup. He runs sideways rather than forwards. Most frustratingly of all, he has lost the willingness to shoot -- he creates the opportunities for himself but then thinks better of taking them. No wonder, then, he found himself on the fringes last season rather than being one of the first names on the team sheet as his undoubted talent deserves.

Figuring out why Dembele has misfired so badly has proved a fruitless task for each of the three managers under whom he has played. Andre Villas Boas, Tim Sherwood and Mauricio Pochettino have all failed to work out "How You Solve A Problem Like Mousa?"

The Belgian has been played on both the left and right of midfield and in both an attacking and more defensive role but the outcome has always been the same, the odd bright moment culminating in under-achievement.

One possible answer is that the problem lies with Dembele himself. Not in the body, but in the mind. While he has had his fair share of injuries, none were career-threatening.

The talent, though, is still there and Spurs should nurture it for at least another season. Not only does the club need to maintain some continuity after selling so many players, Dembele is too obviously a class apart to be allowed to slip out the door without another chance.

Somehow Pochettino has to find a way into Dembele's psyche and convince him he has the talent that everyone but the player himself seems to know is there.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/totten.../2534913/dembele-search-for-a-place-at-spurs?

Tottenham slap £15m price-tag on Mousa Dembele to warn off suitors

The Belgian international, still with two years left on his White Hart Lane contract, told Tottenham's official website: "I want to score goals and make goals.

"I'm happy I started and I just try to develop every time I play, I want to show everyone what I can do.

"I hope to fight for the team and that's the first thing I'll do, fight for the team and try to do what the manager asks of me.

"I've played a few games on the right now and I've been able to focus on being dangerous in front of goal and trying to do that more and more.

"The statistics will show that I need to score more goals so this is something I want to improve this season and show I can be more potent in front of goal."

Is it just me, or is the only time Dembele shown real quality when he was alongside Sandro?

His strengths are muscling into challenges, winning the ball and keeping the ball.
His weaknesses are pretty much everything else.

His best position has to, surely then, be part of the 'double pivot'. Win the ball and keep it moving.

If his partner is a defensive minded player, with a bit of mobility, there's no reason he can't succeed - but in any other scenario, he's a massive hindrance.

I think he is a very clever player and it's hard to get the ball off of him, Just needs to take a shot at goal more often.

Is it just me, or is the only time Dembele shown real quality when he was alongside Sandro?

His strengths are muscling into challenges, winning the ball and keeping the ball.
His weaknesses are pretty much everything else.

His best position has to, surely then, be part of the 'double pivot'. Win the ball and keep it moving.

If his partner is a defensive minded player, with a bit of mobility, there's no reason he can't succeed - but in any other scenario, he's a massive hindrance.

Except his inability to do this is one of his biggest weaknesses. Such a frustrating player.

Back