• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Really frustrating as if he could just change slightly and I do mean slightly then he'd be such an elite level player. Would be interesting to see if any coaches have commented on how they have overcome barriers like that with a player who just needs a bit more confidence/change to playing style to succeed but have all the natural attributes.

He has been with us 3 years so must only have 2 yrs left on his contract, I've not seen talk of a renewal so it may well be we're open to selling him.

I don't think that he does have all of the attributes. He has poor vision and I do not think that this can be taught.

I get your being rhetorical but there's been a few, mostly what they saw as cast-offs - Cudicini, Sullivan, Poyet, Durie, Venables, Les Allen, Bobby Smith, that insufferable twit Cundy on Talkbrick.

We signed Sullivan from Wimbledon.

Cheatski are a completely different club since the roubles came to town anyway.

I don't think that he does have all of the attributes. He has poor vision and I do not think that this can be taught.

Agreed.

I think the kind of quick pass and move football we're hoping for is a fairly complex skill needing a solid number of attributes to be in place. Can't think of many players that really developed that skill to a high level later in their careers. I think that's partly the reason why we're putting as much trust in our younger players, they've been developing that skill for years in our academy at a crucial age.

Sunderland are determined to land Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele - despite the north Londoners’ insistence that he is not for sale.

The 28-year-old midfielder is the second Spurs star targeted by the Black Cats in a week after they swooped for defender Younes Kaboul last Thursday.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino wants to keep Dembele even though the Belgian started just 10 Premier League games last season.

But Sunderland chief dingdong Advocaat is a big fan of the Belgian, who also made 16 substitute appearances and played 14 times in the cup competitions.

Sunderland believe that with two years left on his current contract Spurs would indeed sell if the price is right. Particularly as Dembele complained on several occasions last season about not starting more games.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...rland-eyeing-tottenhams-mousa-dembele-6104343

Moussa Dembele’s camp are keeping tight-lipped on speculation linking the Spurs midfielder with a move to Sunderland.

Rumours have circulated for several weeks crediting Sunderland with an interest in Dembele, as the Black Cats look to boost their ranks with a new attacking midfielder before the end of the transfer window.

However, Demeble’s representatives are refusing to comment on the talk, with fresh reports today that the Belgian international is likely to stay at White Hart Lane this summer anyway.

Dembele has another two years to run on his Spurs contract and has spoken with boss Mauricio Pochettino about his place in his plans during pre-season.

Sunderland head coach dingdong Advocaat, along with sporting director Lee Congerton, are holding discussions with chairman Ellis Short today over the extent of the Black Cats’ budget for the remainder of the transfer window.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...p-tight-lipped-over-sunderland-link-1-7368390

Now we're talking. Another three or four out and we're sorted.

If we sell Dembele, we definitely need an incoming option.

We all know his flaws, but his ball retention is very good, may slow down the pace of game, but sometimes you need to slow down, regroup, hold on to the ball.

Our midfield would look very inexperienced without him.

Agreed...selling Stambo & Paulie is fine but Dembele to!!! 3 weeks before 1st game of the season. Cant see this one personally, at present assuming Stambo is off to psg we need another CM, predominately a defensive one.

Agreed...selling Stambo & Paulie is fine but Dembele to!!! 3 weeks before 1st game of the season. Cant see this one personally, at present assuming Stambo is off to psg we need another CM, predominately a defensive one.

An experienced DM, now is really the time for a Davids/Naybet type signing.

If we really try to play a midfield of some combination of Mason, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Lamela, Pritchard & Alli, there will be a few games where the wheels come off. Almost to a man, barely a season of PL football experience.

... damnit ... Carrick?

If we really try to play a midfield of some combination of Mason, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Lamela, Pritchard & Alli, there will be a few games where the wheels come off. Almost to a man, barely a season of PL football experience.

... damnit ... Carrick?

Cambiasso...........im flabbergasted why with our Argie management we are not in for him. Even a successful season in the PL under his belt doesnt seem to have convinced anyone at Spurs. Strange.

... damnit ... Carrick?
Carrick has my vote too.

If Dembele were to add goals to his game, similar in numbers to Chadli and Eriksen, then there would be a new contract on the table on offer, never mind all this talk of selling him.

I love the player being in our team, he's powerful and his game is keeping the opponent penned in , breaking up their counter attacks. But three premier league goals scored for us in over 80 games is a poor return!

If Dembele were to add goals to his game, similar in numbers to Chadli and Eriksen, then there would be a new contract on the table on offer, never mind all this talk of selling him.

I love the player being in our team, he's powerful and his game is keeping the opponent penned in , breaking up their counter attacks. But three premier league goals scored for us in over 80 games is a poor return!

If Dembele had an eye for a pass and scored more goals he would be at one of the top clubs in Europe

Back