• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Re: Official - Mousa Dembele

I don't think we have seen the best of Mousa yet, which is scary if you think of it. He was playing with the shackles on under AVB but today, with Paulinho, he was running the show. His form has been a bit up and down this season but he's still my favourite player on the park (Sandro off it).

I don't think we have seen the best of Mousa yet, which is scary if you think of it. He was playing with the shackles on under AVB but today, with Paulinho, he was running the show. His form has been a bit up and down this season but he's still my favourite player on the park (Sandro off it).

A bit too soon to say that he was shackled by AVB. He scored similar goals under AVB and he didn't score at a great frequency at Fulham even when playing further forward. He's always been superb in some games and average at best in others. If he can perform like this consistently under Sherwood and become a real goal scoring threat it would be fantastic, but I'm not quite holding my breath yet.

Great performance by Dembele today, let's see if he can be consistent on that level. It's needed for sure, already on Wednesday at Trafford.

A bit too soon to say that he was shackled by AVB. He scored similar goals under AVB and he didn't score at a great frequency at Fulham even when playing further forward. He's always been superb in some games and average at best in others. If he can perform like this consistently under Sherwood and become a real goal scoring threat it would be fantastic, but I'm not quite holding my breath yet.

Really? The whole team were somewhat neutered under AVB in my opinion. It seemed to me that the players were playing to instruction under AVB to such an extent that it restricted their natural strengths as players. I think we will see a lot more coming from Dembele and co from now on.

I think we will see a lot more coming from Dembele and co from now on.

Demebele & Co

Makes me think of Sooty & Co from my childhood..............'theres Sooty and Sweep a panda called Sue and little cousin Scampy too....its Sooty & Company!!

\o/

I am afraid that we will see a poor peformance from Moose on Wednesday. I do not think he is fit enough (due to injury) to play two games in such a short time. Hopefully he proves me wrong but past performances have shown a troubling trend.

moussa's doing better because of the new found space and movement in the midfield which he thrives on. while he can be a DM I've always thought his best position would be AM to use his dribbling skill to open up a pass or to shoot. the problem for us is that we have too many AMs at the moment.

We all know he is one of the best in the Premiership at shielding the ball and dribbling past players... but to see him use it in the right area is a glorious sight.

It is so easy for him to go past a player, so he just needs to go left and strike it low and hard... he could get 10 a season doing that one move if he tried it more often.

Yeap, he just needs to believe he can do it

tickle my balls with a feather

He has the ability to be whatever he wants but does he have the belief and aptitude???

There is no better dribbler of the ball in the league. He has an accurate shot, and he wins a lot of challenges so in theory a perfect central midfielder. However his head drops in games for no obvious reason and he is injury prone with niggles.

If he can start to realise how good he is he could comfortably be as good as yaya toure who again was a player who suffered from having no clear position until he joined city... And he can still mix it up.

Will he achieve that though? I'm yet to be convinced.

it was jol who identified this right? turned from striker to midfielder..don't think he had a full season at midfield before he caught the eye.

Feck knows about the booking... great performance from Mousa today and hopefully he chips in with a few more goals this season.

@FootyGif: Gif: Tottenham V Stoke - Dembele's Goal http://footygifs.co.uk/tottenham-v-stoke-dembele-goal/

‏@WindyCOYS: Dembele had one of his best games for Spurs today. 72 attempted passes at 97% completion. 1 tackle, 1 interception, 3 clearances. 1 GOAL!

@premleagueowl: Mousa Dembele's distribution against Stoke City (97%): pic.twitter.com/D9WNPIWBwB
BcrBmo0CMAAabXc.png

If he can replicate that kind of passing for the rest of the season I would be delighted. I fear it's partly a result of Stoke giving us space and time on the ball, but hopefully it's also a result of Dembele stepping it up and our overall attacking play improving a bit.

If he can replicate that kind of passing for the rest of the season I would be delighted. I fear it's partly a result of Stoke giving us space and time on the ball, but hopefully it's also a result of Dembele stepping it up and our overall attacking play improving a bit.

Surely much of the credit for the transformation we've seen in Dembele, Adebayor, Paulhino, Lennon, Naughton, Eriksen and Dembele has to go to Sherwood and his more liberating, almost gung-ho approach? It seems he's not only inspired them to go onto the attack and enjoy themselves, he's also got into their heads in a positive way and given them back some of their self-belief.

In other words, he's done a Harry. Whoop-whoop!

I hold my hand up, was very critical of him and had no idea what is use was under AVB BUT he has been immense under Sherwood. I have no clue what AVB was asking him to do but he has looked unplayable last few weeks like the player we first saw after his transfer keep it up mouss!

I hold my hand up, was very critical of him and had no idea what is use was under AVB BUT he has been immense under Sherwood. I have no clue what AVB was asking him to do but he has looked unplayable last few weeks like the player we first saw after his transfer keep it up mouss!

Same with Pauli - looked fantastic in first post-AVB game. Ade too, Rose*, Lennon* Soldado, Eriksen. There's a few of them looking a lot happier with life post-AVB.

* In fairness to AVB, these guys were out due to injury earlier this season

Back