• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Re: Official - Mousa Dembele

Who is that player in the video? Can we swap him for our slow paced & indecisive Dembele please?

Who is that player in the video? Can we swap him for our slow paced & indecisive Dembele please?

That's the key word. I think AVB's tenure has done him no favours. Possession was the name of the game under his stewardship and I think that that spell under AVB has neutered Dembele's natural game. He's 2nd guessing what he is doing on the pitch and what we see is a follow on from the style we adopted under AVB. I still see a great player in there and maybe LVG is the man to bring it out of him.

For the record I am an AVB fan, or was.

I'm still a Dembele fan, needs to get back to doing this though, if his hip allows him

[video=youtube;4oJxmdxaUbc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oJxmdxaUbc[/video]

I will support any players pulling on our shirt but I am really not looking forward for another season of watching Dembele. Is he even fit? The fact we are after Schneiderlein tells me Poch is not too impressed

I'm still a Dembele fan, needs to get back to doing this though, if his hip allows him

[video=youtube;4oJxmdxaUbc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oJxmdxaUbc[/video]

He's a phenomenally good dribbler, but his passing (even in that video) is seriously lacking in creativity.

I will support any players pulling on our shirt but I am really not looking forward for another season of watching Dembele. Is he even fit? The fact we are after Schneiderlein tells me Poch is not too impressed

how about Poch giving him a chance in training first........i thought Poch was the sort of manager to get an extra 10-20% out of players

how about Poch giving him a chance in training first........i thought Poch was the sort of manager to get an extra 10-20% out of players

I am fine with that but I don't know how Poch can improve his decision making, his passing and his finishing?

He's a phenomenally good dribbler, but his passing (even in that video) is seriously lacking in creativity.

I must have said this about a million times on here by now, but his biggest fault is that he does not know when he should and when he shouldn't release the ball. If he could have learned that at an earlier age he could have been truely fantastic. I doubt anyone can coach it into him now, but who knows.

He's not an 80 year old man with alzheimer's. He's a year younger than me FFS, that must make me degenerative/vegetative.

It's not an easy thing to coach into players, otherwise he would have learned it by now.

I really hope Poch has the ability and nous to get him to alter his game slightly. If Dembele can get opposition players to commit to him, that should help create space elsewhere. If all Dembele needs to do is lay off the ball to Eriksen/Holtby to make that killer pass, that's fine but I still think he's got something to offer us as long as he's 100% fit.

I watched a video of LVG's AZ team the other day. Dembele was an absolute monster in that team - scoring incredible goals great movement, passing etc. it's all there - he needs to be encouraged to use it.

It's not too late to reunite the Dembele - Sandro partnership; that was brilliant!

-------------------Lloris--------------------
Walker/Et al----Kaboul?--Verts--------Davies/Rose
--------------Sandro------Dembele--------------
-----Lamela-------GHod KNOWS-----Eriksen-------
-------------------Soldado/Ade-------------------

GHod KNOWS may be a new player or Holtby, Bentaleb, Azza (according to Poch)...

I watched a video of LVG's AZ team the other day. Dembele was an absolute monster in that team - scoring incredible goals great movement, passing etc. it's all there - he needs to be encouraged to use it.

Yep I was making that point before that he looks a different player compared some of these early (and not so early!!) videos. He was more willing to try a pass or shot back then but that seems to have been coached out of him!!

Any player that has performed at a very high level and is not preforming to the same standard anymore can be brought back to where they were by a good coach. Dembele's problems are all decision making issues as far as I can see. That instinctiveness and risk taking needs to be coached back into his game so he actually tries things rather than playing it safe and without 2nd guessing himself all the time. Last chance saloon for him this season.

It's not too late to reunite the Dembele - Sandro partnership; that was brilliant!

-------------------Lloris--------------------
Walker/Et al----Kaboul?--Verts--------Davies/Rose
--------------Sandro------Dembele--------------
-----Lamela-------GHod KNOWS-----Eriksen-------
-------------------Soldado/Ade-------------------

GHod KNOWS may be a new player or Holtby, Bentaleb, Azza (according to Poch)...

I actually think Azza will play with Lamela and Eriksen, at least on Saturday. Have shown a lot more in pre season than I've ever seen from him, thinks he deserves a chance to prove himself.

I'm not sure he has a place in the centre of the park, however I do think he could be worked into one of those three midfielders behind the striker, especially in games where we may need a more defensive player.

Yep I was making that point before that he looks a different player compared some of these early (and not so early!!) videos. He was more willing to try a pass or shot back then but that seems to have been coached out of him!!

Any player that has performed at a very high level and is not preforming to the same standard anymore can be brought back to where they were by a good coach. Dembele's problems are all decision making issues as far as I can see. That instinctiveness and risk taking needs to be coached back into his game so he actually tries things rather than playing it safe and without 2nd guessing himself all the time. Last chance saloon for him this season.

Agree, he just needs POCH to tell him to "Go Forth!"
If he can't then
"Go forth and multi..!"

Back