• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

And you can all shoot me if you like, but I still think he needs replacing. When he's fit and on form, he's a massive plus, but his fitness can't be relied upon and he struggles to ever do a full 90 minutes, nevermind a Saturday-Tuesday schedule of Premier League and Champions League.

And you can all shoot me if you like, but I still think he needs replacing. When he's fit and on form, he's a massive plus, but his fitness can't be relied upon and he struggles to ever do a full 90 minutes, nevermind a Saturday-Tuesday schedule of Premier League and Champions League.

I can understand this thinking but, according to every Spurs player asked, he’s our best player. So maybe we need to find a similar player as cover and to help Dembele get the breaks that he needs. In that way, he’s similar to Ledley King. Yes, he can’t start every game but when he does, he is generally excellent

I can understand this thinking but, according to every Spurs player asked, he’s our best player. So maybe we need to find a similar player as cover and to help Dembele get the breaks that he needs. In that way, he’s similar to Ledley King. Yes, he can’t start every game but when he does, he is generally excellent

Yeah, probably a good comparison with Ledley -- although I would say that Ledley needed barely any games to get into form, he was just a freak. Dembele does take awhile to get back to form (though when he does, he is an excellent player as we've seen in recent games).

*edit -- I also think Wanyama can play alongside Dier, it worked well towards the end of last season and he is an excellent passer imo, though not as good at dribbling as Dembele. Keeps the physical presence in there too though.

Honey, go get my gun.

The way I look at it is that we won't get any real money for him so there is no point in moving him on. And for all we know he could go on at this level for a few more years. You can't buy what he has, so let's just use him as much as possible and be happy.

I wonder has the operation from earlier in the season fixed him, if you know what I mean, and it has just taken until now to get fully back into the groove. He has been in great form since the turn of the year.

Next season we should keep him for cup matches and european squad but exclude him from the premiership squad. Now that right there is some proper left field thinking.

Why, if like Ledley he can play the "right" 15 games a season and make a difference, I'd keep him for as long as we can.

90% of our games we can dominate and win without him, it's the top 6, CL clashes, maybe semi/final of cups where he could make a difference.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ast-becoming-the-ultimate-midfield-controller

"During those periods Wheelchair versus Dembélé was a fine battle, even if at times the Arsenal man resembled an entirely different species altogether, a chipmunk wrestling with a grizzly bear. At others it was almost a little too much as Wheelchair charged in with reckless abandon and was too often left dumped flat out on the grass in the physical mismatch."

Is this the Groundhog Day thread ;)

Amazing that a few were considering selling him just a few weeks ago.

As were a few 3-4 years ago.

Let’s be honest he was never going to be Ronaldo and he’s another player who’s potential has been unlocked by Pochettino. Dembele always had ability on the ball but his mentality and career was average. The coaching team have teased out a more aggressive, determined midfielder.

I can’t believe I still think it will happen, but Dembele can take another step forward still. Occasionally, and more frequently, he shimmies around the box to make space, and gets a shot off. Improve that side of his game and he’d be the complete package. But, we have other players who are that much better at finishing. I have no problem with him, off balance, laying a ball off to Eriksen, Son etc who can then strike it or tee up another.

Is Dembele the reason for our improved form? Probably. Our midfield is that much more competitive with him complementing Dier.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back