• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

If they want to leave, they'll leave. Schneiderlin has been kicking up a fuss all summer. He'll leave.

What fuss has he been kicking up?

I've read what he's said to the press and he's been handling it in the correct manner with no fuss being kicked at all.

It was earlier in the month I believe. Only so much a chairman can say or do. He can't keep a player who doesn't want to stay regardless of contract

I saw it...he didn't say that. He said "Southampton know what he wants to do" so maybe insinuating it but the rest of what he said didn't seem like he was desperate to leave (hence him handling it well).

I saw it...he didn't say that. He said "Southampton know what he wants to do" so maybe insinuating it but the rest of what he said didn't seem like he was desperate to leave (hence him handling it well).

Just personally think he doesn't want to stay. I think he'll sign. We've probably made an offer and Southampton don't think we will meet their price but I have no doubt knowing Levy we will get our man

Just personally think he doesn't want to stay. I think he'll sign. We've probably made an offer and Southampton don't think we will meet their price but I have no doubt knowing Levy we will get our man

I think he wants to leave too......i was just disagreeing with the "kicking up a fuss" part.

He would not put himself in that kind of compromising situation AFTER selling all those players already. To categorically state that neither player is for sale...and then proceed to sell them? (regardless of money)? the man will have to leave with immediate effect.

He could have simply stated that no bids have been made etc etc..or that they're not looking to sell. He's stated (twice) that they WILL NOT BE SOLD.
I cannot remember the last time someone running a football club resigned after going back on their word.

There would be all sorts of ways of going back on this, the easiest being blaming it on the players.

Time will tell but I would not be ruling anything in or out at this stage.

Saints chairman Ralph Krueger has insisted that Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will not be sold this summer.

Krueger spoke to the Daily Echo this afternoon and moved to reassure nervous fans over the future of the club and manager Ronald Koeman’s squad with five first team players already sold this summer and Schneiderlin and Rodriguez heavily linked with moves to Tottenham.

He said: “Specifically to Rodriguez and Schneiderlin, they will not be going anywhere.

“We see them as part of a core and the core we’ve got right now and in place is a core that is where Ronald would like to go and they a part of that core.

“Any reports that Rodriguez or Schneiderlin are leaving or we are in engaged in transfer conversations are totally off the mark.

“They will not be sold.”

The original story from the Press Association guy was just picked up and run by all the other papers, so seems to me that all the articles are based on a single source. None of the pick-up articles said anything about their own sources close to either club. Surprised they all ran it so blindly if that's the case - they must think Simon Peach has solid sources...

The original story from the Press Association guy was just picked up and run by all the other papers, so seems to me that all the articles are based on a single source. None of the pick-up articles said anything about their own sources close to either club. Surprised they all ran it so blindly if that's the case - they must think Simon Peach has solid sources...
The purpose of wire copy (Press Association and others) is that newspapers can repeat it verbatim. Most newspapers aren't staffed to do independent checks on wire copy and wouldn't bother with a minor story like this.

This story has been verified by Greg Stobart and a local journalist in Southampton (who they seem to think is well connected).

The purpose of wire copy (Press Association and others) is that newspapers can repeat it verbatim. Most newspapers aren't staffed to do independent checks on wire copy and wouldn't bother with a minor story like this.

This story has been verified by Greg Stobart and a local journalist in Southampton (who they seem to think is well connected).

Yeah I get that but the story was originally bylined in the standard and then picked up and bylined by other papers eg Guardian with Firfield from memory. Usually if it's just from PA sources they say something like PA and staff journos rather then bylining it to one of their main guys. I wouldn't describe it as a minor story either in the context of what they've all been reporting is happening at Southampton. If they're writing as if from own sources - as most have been - and saying the potential sale of MS and JR is further evidence of unprecedented clear out, which is a sensitive story, they should be checking the sources better in my view

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/arti...odriguez-and-morgan-schneiderlin-1790653.aspx

It has been speculated that the duo would be the next players to leave St Mary’s following the double departure of Dejan Lovren and Calum Chambers in recent days, but the Canadian was quick to dismiss that prospect.

Speaking to Sky Sports News, Krueger insisted that Rodriguez and Schneiderlin are going nowhere, adding that the five players who have departed this summer were allowed to do so “in the best interests of the club”.

“Jay Rodriguez and and Morgan Schneiderlin are not for sale, and they will be a part of our club as we enter the new season,” said the chairman.

“They are part of the core that we have decided to keep at Southampton. In and around Jay, Morgan and the rest of our core players, we’re excited to continue to build forward.

“Quite clearly, we entered the transfer window with a plan,” he continued.

“We have a clear strategic approach to this summer, and we did not put any players for sale. What we did say was that we would watch the process, we would listen and we would look for how the team would evolve out of our rebuild.

“It was quite clear that we had multiple players interested in taking a shortcut to Champions League football. We saw that building a little bit before the World Cup and clearly we stayed patient and didn’t make quick deals in any shape or form

“We set premiums on the players, and we’ve reached those premiums. Our executive level has been working outstanding hours and has put good deals together that give us a strong position to reinvest and a strong position to rebuild.

“It was in the best interests of the club and the best interests of our rebuild to make these deals and to continue to build forward with players and a team that wants to go the hard way into Europe.

“None of these deals were made on financial reasons alone. We were completely ready to have players stay at Southampton against their desire if we didn’t reach our target prices. These were not financial decisions.

“I can understand some frustration in and around our fans, but we needed to stay silent in order to bring in the best deals for the club.”

Krueger says the focus is now on using the funds generated by those sales to strengthen the squad available to new manager Ronald Koeman.

“Now we have finances and we are excited to continue in the rebuilding process,” he enthused.

“Over the next few weeks we will have players coming in and we will make transfers to strengthen the squad. Our plan is to get the right deals and the right players.

“Ronald Koeman has done an outstanding job with his staff thus far in pre-season, and we’re extremely pleased with the work that’s going on at St Mary’s.

“We know that we’re going the right way, but we also know that he needs more players and that we need more depth in our line-up.

“It’s not about getting them in today or tomorrow, but about getting in the right players and the right deals that fit the way Ronald wants to play and the way we want to play.

“We want to continue to play attractive football at Southampton, and we want to give them the players that are necessary.

“We would all like to see them sooner rather than later, but we will make deals at the time when we feel they are right for the club.

“I believe that we are very close to a few deals and that, by the time we kick off against Liverpool, for Ronald and his staff, it is much better if we get them in tomorrow so that he can begin the process of building them and integrating them into the team and the system of play.

“We are working as quickly as possible to make that a fact, but I don’t like to speak in definites when I don’t know them. People need to realise that we are in a process and the match is far from over.”

That's the full statement from their web site.

I'm trying to put myself in Schneiderlin's shoes to determine how he would interpret this message. Manager + 5 key/important players are gone. So far, they've brought two players in but in essence have to rebuild the team. Since his contract is until 2017, he's not in the best bargaining position but we all know that if a player really wants to jump ship, there's ways to do it.

After seeing all the other stars of the team leave, their future is far too uncertain. I don't think he'll want any part of it, but I could be completely wrong.

Sounds like mixed messages coming out of the club from various levels of the heirarchy. Perhaps the club have finally realised quite how far they have let the fans down (money likely plays a part here) and are now making a stand to appease them. I'd reckon Schneiderlin will kick off seeing as Lovren and Chambers got their moves after the expected sales had been allowed (Shaw, Lallana and Lambert). Personally I can't see Liebherr over riding Krueger after a statement like that, it really would blow up massively. The only way we will get Schneiderlin now is if he forces the move.

NB: That SaintsFC press release has been doctored quite well. The actual interview contained quite a few ers and ums when on the subject of Schneiderlin and Rodriguez, as if Krueger wasn't entirely sure.

Stobart was saying earlier today that the leak had come from SCBC in order to alert other clubs and drive up the price. I think that this is most likely another attempt to push the price up.

or that the leaks were designed with this response in mind - show the fans that they aren't as bad as first thought

Morgan Schneiderlin @SchneiderlinMo4 · 2m
6 years of an amazing journey #saintsfc DESTROYED in 1 hour !!!

Offical account, too.

Back