• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

I will stop taking this thread off topic (on deadline day of all days) soon, but since "asked" directly.

Injuries played a part, but only a part. He has been far from a vital player for them, unless somehow most players in a squad are considered vital. If you asked Liverpool fans or others that watched most of their games last season to list the players that were the most important for them, or directly to list 3-5 vital players I don't think he would be mentioned all that frequently. He was clearly not first choice even when injury free at the end of last season. He was a squad player.

And, because the last time I said it it was in a different thread, I do rate Allen. I thought at the time that he was a good signing and I'd happily have him at Spurs then and now. But as an example of a vital player for Rodgers I think he falls way short of the description.

/off topic (for deadline day at least)

There is no chance that we'll sign MS. If we were to have signed him, we would have signed him more than a week ago.

Re: Morgan Schneiderlin; Southampton blocked my move to a club not in the CL

Sshhhhhh, you've just given the Levy haters more bait, had we been in the CL he'd have come.

Memo to the Daily Mirror, many people, myself included, knew the move was blocked about a month ago when the chairman announced on Saint's own website that MS wasn't going to be allowed to leave during that window.

Second memo to Daily Mirror, it's quite easy to find out public information like this.

Third memo, MS not coming to us was nothing to do with us not being in CL, as some people might, and indeed have, inferred from your headline.

Fourth memo, I despair, I really do at times, mostly because why do I bother with rubbish articles like this :)

Last edited:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...m-transfer-target-morgan-schneiderlin-4190836

For those not happy with Levy's performance in the last transfer window, looks like we had an agreement but were blocked by Saints. Hopefully we will go in for him again in January.
Southampton were never going to accept a bid around £10m for their best player when they sold Shaw £27m Lallana £25m and Lovren £20m.

http://www.fifa.com/world-match-cen...mier-league-2000000000/news/newsid/248/069/7/
“If you’d told me at the beginning of the season that we’d be in second place in the Premier League, I would have told you that was impossible,” Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin told FIFA.com with a smile.

...Following his return from South America and Southampton’s decision to allow certain key players to move on to new pastures, Schneiderlin also began to have itchy feet, going as far as to enter into open conflict with club officials about his potential departure.

“When I play for France, I rub shoulders with players who represent Real Madrid and other big-name clubs, and so it goes without saying that I would also like to experience the UEFA Champions League and suchlike. I’m 25 right now and I still haven’t played in it.

“Appearing at the World Cup made me realise that I still had a desire to play at the highest level, that it was essential for my career and my international prospects. It was important to me – I think that now everyone can understand why I had that reaction and why I wanted to leave.”

But the rejuvenated southern outfit were in no mood to let go of their creative fulcrum, regarded as one of the most proficient midfielders in the Premier League and much admired by the St. Mary's faithful. “Lots of people told me that if I left, it would be the straw that broke the camel’s back, especially as Calum Chambers’ transfer had gone down very badly indeed.

"That was when the club realised that it had to stop, because the fans were already quite angry. One player doesn’t make a team, but by not letting me leave, the club was sending out a strong signal that it was still in control,” he continued.

Well if at 25 he feels he now needs to experience the CL then he would be wise not to join Spurs. He may as well stay at Saints until a City, Chelsea, Arsenal, a maybe Utd come calling, or of course go abroad to an established CL club.

Well if at 25 he feels he now needs to experience the CL then he would be wise not to join Spurs. He may as well stay at Saints until a City, Chelsea, Arsenal, a maybe Utd come calling, or of course go abroad to an established CL club.

As I said in the other thread, he ain't coming to us. He will probably go to L'asre, unless they get Cabaye.

Cabaye sounds like it's going through, so I wouldn't rule it out, although perhaps not in January.

Back