• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

He'll get his move doubt it'll be to us tho. Levy clearly playing silly beggars as usual. Shows a difference how united Liverpool and arsenal have gone about business buying saints players compared with our micky mouse outfit.

What, paying well over the odd's for all of them?

I think that you are missing the point I was trying to make.

no i get the point.

Your point (as i read it) is a manager should be able to sign whoever he wants but i disagree. If a player is a bad player, it's common knowledge he's bad, we see with our eyes he's bad....then the chairman shouldn't sign him simply because the manager wants him.

I don't agree.

If he's the worst player at Southampton then we should stay clear irrespective of what the manager wants.

Fair point, what's interesting is that whenever managers bring players with them they rarely do that well. But let's wait til the price is set... We don't want another Fellani situation.

I guess Paulinho was our best player last season. We signed him first, he must have been the best.

Fair point, what's interesting is that whenever managers bring players with them they rarely do that well. But let's wait til the price is set... We don't want another Fellani situation.

Can you give any other examples of it not working?

no i get the point.

Your point (as i read it) is a manager should be able to sign whoever he wants but i disagree. If a player is a bad player, it's common knowledge he's bad, we see with our eyes he's bad....then the chairman shouldn't sign him simply because the manager wants him.

That was not the point I was making. The point I was making was that Poch knows this player and knows what he brings. I assume that he thinks that is something that we do not currently have. If he thinks that we need that and he can be secured within our budget, we should do everything we can do complete the deal. Whether he is the best player or not at his current club does not really matter because it would not change the fact that the manager thinks that he is the right player to improve us.

i think in that scenario id be willing to trust the judgment of the manager who would have worked with the player day in day out rather than the opinions of supporters.

Milo's post insinuates that the manager should be able to sign who he wants regardless of the fact that the player is officially the worst player at his current club (I'm going with a make believe scenario...i know schneiderlin is an excellent player).

I believe a manager should be able to target players and have the majority of the power but to the extent that he's allowed to buy players that are considered trash by the majority? ummm no (not just supporters but commentators, other managers, etc etc)

That was not the point I was making. The point I was making was that Poch knows this player and knows what he brings. I assume that he thinks that is something that we do not currently have. If he thinks that we need that and he can be secured within our budget, we should do everything we can do complete the deal. Whether he is the best player or not at his current club does not really matter because it would not change the fact that the manager thinks that he is the right player to improve us.

So if Poch targeted another CM from another club that was considered garbage..hmm lets say try to resign Jermaine Jenas.....and Poch was adamant that Jenas is the missing piece to the puzzle....should we sign him?

Milo's post insinuates that the manager should be able to sign who he wants regardless of the fact that the player is officially the worst player at his current club (I'm going with a make believe scenario...i know schneiderlin is an excellent player).

I believe a manager should be able to target players and have the majority of the power but to the extent that he's allowed to buy players that are considered trash by the majority? ummm no (not just supporters but commentators, other managers, etc etc)

You are missing the point. The worst player at the club part was me being flippant. The important part was that the manager knows the player and knows what he would bring to the club.

he means they bought players with minimal fuss and as usual our transfers are sagas. if we done our business quicker then maybe it would be Liverpool struggling to sign their choices.

now we have to contend with a club not desperate for money but instead desperate for survival

Ah right, you want to pay twice as much for players just so we get it done early. Fair enough, that's not what I want, so I'm glad Levy's "playing silly beggars"!

So if Poch targeted another CM from another club that was considered garbage..hmm lets say try to resign Jermaine Jenas.....and Poch was adamant that Jenas is the missing piece to the puzzle....should we sign him?

I think that you are missing the point again. As far as I am aware, Poch does not know Jenas' game closely. If he thought that Ward-Prowse was the right player to improve our midfield and there was a deal to be done, I would be in favour of us trying our best to sign him.

I guess Paulinho was our best player last season. We signed him first, he must have been the best.

Somehow you appear to be missing the point that this guy as been passed by the top teams for a long time and in the current Southampton fire sale.

We need top class first team players not more squad players in midfield..

I think that you are missing the point again. As far as I am aware, Poch does not know Jenas' game closely. If he thought that Ward-Prowse was the right player to improve our midfield and there was a deal to be done, I would be in favour of us trying our best to sign him.

I get your point but i still don't agree. He's worked with the player hence he should automatically be allowed the right to sign him irrespective of him being the worst player at the club.

Poch coached an ageing Ivan del la Pena at Espanyol. We can see (as well as everyone else) his legs are gone, he's slow as **** and he wouldn't be able to keep up with the pace of the league. If Poch goes to Levy and declares that Ivan de la pena is the missing piece to the puzzle...should Levy just go out and try to sign him? without questioning his age...or the fact that he's slow as ****...simply because Poch has coached him.

Somehow you appear to be missing the point that this guy as been passed by the top teams for a long time and in the current Southampton fire sale.

should they have just signed Schneiderlin regardless of whether they need a playmaker then?

Do all clubs have the same weaknesses as us? Do all managers want their teams to play the same way as Poch wants us to? Do all clubs have the same priorities for their transfer activities this summer?

Back