• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

let the little fcuker go, its not as if the club are doing anything in the transfer market to convince him that we will be fighting for any trophies in the near future

Just... wow.

:)

seriously, he wont sign a new contract, he wants to go. 4 years at Tottenham, zero medals and 1 CL campaign.

Where are we going with all this. The club cant decide what to do with the manager, we have a small stadium that prevents us from financially competing with other bigger clubs, we cannot afford to pay top salaries to players who are as good as Modric and Bale. Another Europa League campaign to look forward to

why would he want to stay, why should we force him to stay.....

:)

seriously, he wont sign a new contract, he wants to go. 4 years at Tottenham, zero medals and 1 CL campaign.

Where are we going with all this. The club cant decide what to do with the manager, we have a small stadium that prevents us from financially competing with other bigger clubs, we cannot afford to pay top salaries to players who are as good as Modric and Bale. Another Europa League campaign to look forward to

why would he want to stay, why should we force him to stay.....

We should force him to stay if that's what's best for the club... The club is more important than any player and all that.

yeah, little luka is looking forward to supplying passes to Cameron Lancaster and Harry Kane next season

he is banging his head at the thought too

Yes, that will probably be our strike force next season...

im sure that if any of us were top footballers, we would want to play for the best and compete for the biggest prizes. Even if that meant playing for clubs at a lower level in order to impress and grow and eventually attract the attention of the major teams, we would do just that. This is all Modric has done. He came to Spurs, has given his all for 4 years, and now some bigger teams want to sign him and he wants to go and test himself amongst better players and learn from different managers. More money is also an attraction, as is the idea of playing CL football season in season out.

what the fcuk is wrong with that:-s

If we show some ambition in the transfer market I reckon we might be able to keep him, if not I can only see him leaving

Its not really up to him. Its whether a club is willing to pay the 50m Levy will accept for him or not.
I can't see it happening tbh.

So Luka will be on his way out this summer....

Really ? Care to tell me why you know this fact you have written ?

im sure that if any of us were top footballers, we would want to play for the best and compete for the biggest prizes. Even if that meant playing for clubs at a lower level in order to impress and grow and eventually attract the attention of the major teams, we would do just that. This is all Modric has done. He came to Spurs, has given his all for 4 years, and now some bigger teams want to sign him and he wants to go and test himself amongst better players and learn from different managers. More money is also an attraction, as is the idea of playing CL football season in season out.

Nothing wrong with that. I understand why he wanted to move last summer and why he probably wants to leave this season. That doesn't mean we should sell him.

Nothing wrong with that. I understand why he wanted to move last summer and why he probably wants to leave this season. That doesn't mean we should sell him.

well the way i see it is that he will get his move, good for him, and we will get a huge amount of cash which will enable us to bring in new players and maybe it will give us the financial comfort to finalise deals like the Vertonghen one by just giving Ajax the couple of extra million they want. Money is tight at Tottenham, Levy runs a tight ship, so an injection of upto 35-40 million might just help the club rather than holding onto an unhappy player and also being unable to bid decent sums for players we want to sign

Yes, because the transfer window closed yesterday, right?

Come on, mate

you know very well about how slow we are in the transfer market, countless transfer windows where we have failed to sign a top striker or two...come on, deep down, do you really think it will be any different this window??

That's all well and good, but those are luka's concerns, and what is best for luka. I only care about what is best for spurs, not the players interests!

That's all well and good, but those are luka's concerns, and what is best for luka. I only care about what is best for spurs, not the players interests!

Precisely. Luke signed a six year contract. He shouldn't have signed it if he wanted out at the first sniff from a team 'where the grass is greener'. If he had played better himself during the ten match slump we would have been in the CL ourselves. If he goes, it should be on our terms, at our price, and to whom we want to sell him

So Luka will be on his way out this summer....

Really ? Care to tell me why you know this fact you have written ?

We simply must not sell Modders...even if it means giving into higher wages...

least I think we will go backwards a couple of notches without him......

Come on Danny ...put your footdown..in a nice way....

Back