• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mighty Spurs vs. Emirates Marketing Project

2016%2f10%2fTOTvsaMANC.jpg

the stats say that we are more clinical in front of goal. or our defence was much better than theirs.

we were even on shots, but won despite having less possession, tackles and pass accuracy.

i believe that we were also fortunate that Emirates Marketing Project had that 3-3 celtic game before.

great time to have an international break. lets hope the boys evade any injuries.

Those stats are complete BS if you are basing a match rating on them! How can you possibly take it seriously when Stones and Zabaletta rate higher than Wanyama for that game?!

The formula whatever it is, is clearly flawed. Stats analysed in the wrong way are completely useless.

i ignore the player ratings, wasn't interested in the algorithm they used
however the rest i think are pretty reliable

regarding verts so called tackle on aguero, its really too close to call a penalty, but its clearly not worse than kocielny's handball winner for l'arse

regarding verts so called tackle on aguero, its really too close to call a penalty, but its clearly not worse than kocielny's handball winner for l'arse

Yea clearly, the Arse goal shouldn't have stood because it was an obvious handball (the ball was going wide before he elbowed it in the net!), whereas verts didn't touch Aguero and quite possibly touched the ball so not a penalty (ref did well as it was a tough decision in real time, but fairly clear on replays).

Wow! That is fantastic actually. It really shows how useless these stats can SOMETIMES be.

We absolutely dominated them. We unzipped their trousers, pushed them into the corner and breathed heavily in their ears whist wiping a wet finger across their cheek. We told them about the birds and the bees and then told them to be quiet and bend over. These stats imply City had the edge, more possession, equal shots, better pass accuracy, more tackles, more dribbles - ha!

the stats say that we are more clinical in front of goal. or our defence was much better than theirs.

we were even on shots, but won despite having less possession, tackles and pass accuracy.

i believe that we were also fortunate that Emirates Marketing Project had that 3-3 celtic game before.

great time to have an international break. lets hope the boys evade any injuries.
When you are 2-0 up you give up possession and don't rush to get it back, we were comfortable and it really isn't an indicator of performance

Iheanacho had two shots, I can only assume they are counting his fresh air shot.
A really pitiful attempt to spin the city/pep greatness mantra. Everyone can see it now, but the media won't acknowledge it.
Can't wait until klopps Liverpool take on city, the media will explode not knowing who suck off first.

Wow! That is fantastic actually. It really shows how useless these stats can SOMETIMES be.

We absolutely dominated them. We unzipped their trousers, pushed them into the corner and breathed heavily in their ears whist wiping a wet finger across their cheek. We told them about the birds and the bees and then told them to be quiet and bend over. These stats imply City had the edge, more possession, equal shots, better pass accuracy, more tackles, more dribbles - ha!

I know i keep saying it but stats very rarely tell the FULL/TRUE story. The problem is that in todays game there are many who believe that stats are the bible and everything should be based on them.

Having worked with them for most of my working life they are a useful tool but no more then that.

I know i keep saying it but stats very rarely tell the FULL/TRUE story. The problem is that in todays game there are many who believe that stats are the bible and everything should be based on them.

Having worked with them for most of my working life they are a useful tool but no more then that.

Spot on. Just as the "reversion to mean" theory is just that - a theory!!

This is a erection inducing win. It is great to continue our winning run against ManCity. We have now beaten them for the 3rd consecutive match in the league. We also managed to keep the clean sheet for the first time in 12 matches against them. More importantly, we have moved closer to the first place in the league. Ofcourse, it is still too early in the season. But this will give us a lof of confidence to fight for the league title again this season.

Credit to Rose for forcing the own goal and Alli for getting our crucial second goal. It was a good cross from Rose that forced panic in the ManCity defence. I think ManCity never recovered from conceding the own goal so early in the match. Well done to Son for creating the second goal for Alli. It was an inch perfect pass to Alli who took the goal well. Too bad we couldn't get the magical third goal to kill the game off. We should have scored the penalty in the second half. Not sure why Lamela wanted to take the penalty as he is not a regular goal scorer. Should have let it to Son. Maybe after seeing Bravo helping Chile beat Argentina on penalties in the Copa American final, Lamela wanted to try his luck but failed to beat the goalie.

I think we won this match in midfield. Our midfield did well to stop ManCity from controlling the match. Well done to Wanyama and Sissoko for this. Thought Wanyama had his best match for us. Was worried when he got the yellow card in the first half. But he managed to avoid getting himself in trouble after that. Eriksen too had a good game but was really disappointed when he wasted yet another free kick in dangerous situation. He should have at least forced the goalie into making the save but his free kick went off target.

Well done to our defence for keeping another clean sheet. It was great to get our first clean sheet against ManCity in 12 matches. Credit to Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Lloris for giving their best to stop ManCity. Lloris made at least 2 crucial saves to keep out ManCity. Amazingly, we have not conceded any goal from open play in the league this season. Hope our defence will keep on improving.

It is always a great feeling to beat our main rivals and move up the league table. Hope this win will give us the much needed confidence and hunger to go all the way to win the league title this season !

There was a poster who turned up literally minutes after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5-1 game last season having made zero posts from October onward - spent all last summer and the early part of the season moaning and then done the same this summer and now he hasn't posted for a couple of weeks - I don't know whether people like that are just trolls or are just depressives who aren't interested in actually enjoying the good times, strange

Arsenal fans I imagine.

You may be able to answer this as I'm not clear what a dribble is in these stats, is pushing a ball past a player then running after it a dribble? I don't think it is to me it's going round your opponent while in control of the ball, which Stones and Son did, stumbling through a tackle is not dribbling.

Back