• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

I read Sherwood was slagging him off, which bodes well as he didn't rate Jan either...

Bentancur too. Had a real pop at him when he arrived saying he was no better than the English lads we had (I assume he meant Winks and Skipp).

I know we all get stuff wrong but Bentancur, from his first sub appearance, clearly had more about him than what we had. And Sherwood, as an ex midfielder, should have seen that.

Bentancur too. Had a real pop at him when he arrived saying he was no better than the English lads we had (I assume he meant Winks and Skipp).

I know we all get stuff wrong but Bentancur, from his first sub appearance, clearly had more about him than what we had. And Sherwood, as an ex midfielder, should have seen that.
I couldn't agree more on Bentancur, he's a Rolls Royce of a player and I think he's still under rated in the media. Genuinely think he was the most important player of Contes reign as he made the 2 man midfield work even when when we were outnumbered. Even started adding goals which was never his forte before. We went off a cliff after his injury.

He must have been reading the Juve message boards, what a plonker indeed.

I remember a commentator at the start of last season (so a good 8 or 9 months after we signed Bentancur) having a sly dig at him saying he’s just a workmanlike midfielder or something similarly disparaging to that and Jenas who was co-commentating had to pull him up on it and say he’s much more than that, watch harder! Was very awkward.

I remember a commentator at the start of last season (so a good 8 or 9 months after we signed Bentancur) having a sly dig at him saying he’s just a workmanlike midfielder or something similarly disparaging to that and Jenas who was co-commentating had to pull him up on it and say he’s much more than that, watch harder! Was very awkward.

There was a Juve media guy who basically flooded Spurs twitter with negativity about him and Deki. He got it back in spades when they came good.

We have so many naysayers in the Spurs media, some with merit, some is utter BS, O'Hara and Sherwood are a pair of idiots TBH. If Sherwood was this genius, which basically is his whole thing, talking about how great he is, he would be prominent in the game still. His time at Swindon Town was a disaster

Not usually this type of guy but this threads brick.

Mostly people talking about anything except Micky
Not usually this type of guy but this threads brick.

Mostly people talking about anything except Micky

Considering his lack of prep I thought he was outstanding on Sunday, I think he looks another proper find.

Ange talking last week about the scouts giving him really good options to choose from, looks like a decent job there

I thought he improved once he started to bring the ball out.

When he was turning back in and passing to Romero or Vicario we were put under pressure.

He had plenty of space to bring it forward and find Bissouma, Maddison or Udogie.

Outran Rashford with ease

Touch of Jan in him

Backline looks so much better with him Romero & Udogie
I know you were at the match so you missed the commentary but there was a funny moment sort of midway through the first half when the co commentator was saying something along the lines of "Rashford has Van De Ven right where he wants him" and "He's making him go wide where he doesn't want to be" I chortled.

Just shows how much research they do. VDV is faster than Rashford, he gave himself the space to catch him and was NEVER outpaced. He's also very comfortable in the LB space. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

He done well and got better as the game went on, Rashford had him for the first 30 minutes though.
I disagree. We are used to our defenders needing to be goal side of fast attackers otherwise they'll never catch a fast attacker. That isn't the case with VDV, he knows his own speed and he's aggressive he was allowing Rashford to run with the ball before taking it off him. Sometimes he will misjudge the flow of play but honestly was Rashford ever clear through 1 on 1 with the keeper? The only one was through ball early on but that was a combination of VDV and Romero.

Why anyone takes that illogical, self gratifying negative scrote serious is beyond me. He just plays the tune of English players are good enough and if he was in charge he would xyz .... you tried that two penny Tim and have fudging failed miserably ... failed as a manager, failed as an acceptable voice in football ... just deluded beyond comprehension

I know you were at the match so you missed the commentary but there was a funny moment sort of midway through the first half when the co commentator was saying something along the lines of "Rashford has Van De Ven right where he wants him" and "He's making him go wide where he doesn't want to be" I chortled.

Just shows how much research they do. VDV is faster than Rashford, he gave himself the space to catch him and was NEVER outpaced. He's also very comfortable in the LB space. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

It will be interesting to see how long opponents take to realise they can't outpace him, it will be totally demoralising to those that pace is their main weapon.

He looked so much like Jan at times it was scary. Could just be that he's a Dutch, left sided CB, but also his turns and body language (LOL) reminded me of Vertonghen.

Big shoes to fill, obviously, and it's very early days, but VDV could be the replacement we've needed since Jan's departure. Looking very promising so far.

He looked so much like Jan at times it was scary. Could just be that he's a Dutch, left sided CB, but also his turns and body language (LOL) reminded me of Vertonghen.

Big shoes to fill, obviously, and it's very early days, but VDV could be the replacement we've needed since Jan's departure. Looking very promising so far.

There was a moment when he was walking forward (back line pushup) that so reminded me of Jan, there is something in the way he moves (he did say in an interview he watched a lot of Jan when developing his defensive game early)

What I love about this guy so far is that I dont actually don't notice him that much, which is a great trait for a CB. Looks like a good partnership / balance with Romero straight out of the gate.

Seems to have just settled in to the system and the pace is obviously a great asset - It did help that Rashford was bizarrely playing through the middle, it'll be a different test against physical CF types but don't think we could have asked for / hoped for a better start to VDV's time at the club.

There was a moment when he was walking forward (back line pushup) that so reminded me of Jan, there is something in the way he moves (he did say in an interview he watched a lot of Jan when developing his defensive game early)
The time he went round the left wide of their player was just like Jan

Think the lad is a bit off it to be honest. His positioning and his awareness look to be big areas for improvement for me. Fortunately, he does look to be able to recover well but against a Haaland or Salah he won’t have that opportunity.

He has potential for sure but I think he’ll cost us a few important goals in the short term.

Back