• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

Think the lad is a bit off it to be honest. His positioning and his awareness look to be big areas for improvement for me. Fortunately, he does look to be able to recover well but against a Haaland or Salah he won’t have that opportunity.

He has potential for sure but I think he’ll cost us a few important goals in the short term.

I think he has been really decent TBH, first game especially. Yesterday there were a couple of mistakes but all in all by the end he was composed and sure footed.

There will be blips, I agree, I think that about everyone as they go and learn this new system. But he looks a real find for me

I think he has been really decent TBH, first game especially. Yesterday there were a couple of mistakes but all in all by the end he was composed and sure footed.

There will be blips, I agree, I think that about everyone as they go and learn this new system. But he looks a real find for me

Yeah I’d agree with that and I wouldn’t condemn the lad by any means. We will have blips. But I do believe this lad can be a leader of our defence in years to come. And him and Romero have a lot of potential.

fudging ironic that I see massive potential in our keeper, defence and midfield while our attack looks the area we might struggle in most.

Yeah I’d agree with that and I wouldn’t condemn the lad by any means. We will have blips. But I do believe this lad can be a leader of our defence in years to come. And him and Romero have a lot of potential.

fudging ironic that I see massive potential in our keeper, defence and midfield while our attack looks the area we might struggle in most.

Hahah yeh I was thinking that yesterday

What you have to remember is he is only 22 so is still developing, he has moved to a new country and has to adapt to a new culture, he also has to adapt to the league and also has to adapt to a new system with new team mates that is a lot for someone so young who has only been here a few weeks.

Remember when we used to talk about how players need half a season to bed in and get used to the league and all that…

Ange just throws on four debutants, most of them young players, and they seem to do fine. He’s OK with them making mistakes as long as they play the right way; he really does put a lot of trust in his players. For me as a fan, it might be frustrating but I’m really fine with developing potential, especially in a period of transition. If Ange thinks the players are good enough, I will back him, which also means backing the players. He clearly has good judgment when it comes to putting the right players on the pitch. Even when we eventually lose, as long as the effort and application are there, we can chalk it up to a learning experience.

What you have to remember is he is only 22 so is still developing, he has moved to a new country and has to adapt to a new culture, he also has to adapt to the league and also has to adapt to a new system with new team mates that is a lot for someone so young who has only been here a few weeks.

Would agree wholeheartedly with this and I wasn’t condemning the lad. Just pointing out that there are areas for him to improve on that will cost us some goals. I can live with that.

The real danger for him is that he is proclaimed the second coming of Jan, then gets exposed by top players and people start piling in on him because they now don’t think he’s as good as he originally looked.

VdV has a lot of potential but he also has mistakes in him.

Looks more like a rolls Royce than a van
He does look very, very assured. There's just a calmness to him, even when he might be catching up to a difficult situation. He just handles everything in a very unflustered way.

He's kind of the anti Sanchez who often looks stressed even when hes handled a situation.

Very, pleased with Van De Ven so far.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

One dodgy moment but was really impressed with him today. This boy will be a player for us.

What's changed in your immediate judgement from last week's game? In perspective he faces less troubling attackers and a team of lesser quality ....

Back