• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Re: Dawson

Lol, he's a decent defender if you are a team who don't want to keep hold of the ball and sit deep. Unfortunately we want to play a high line and pass it out from the back. Once again it was evident that the opposition don't mind him having the ball by the way they closed Vertonghen down straight away but let Daws carry the ball into their half.

He does what he does well. The rest he is awful at. They stick it in the box and he is great at last ditch headers and throwing himself in front of shots. But his positional play and lack of mobility get badly shown up. And his lack of movement on pushing out for free kicks was also shown up today.

True enough but tonight he did what he does well, won most headers and put some great blocks in. Vertonghen and Rose combined to leave so much space in and around themselves that Dawson's problem areas were exposed a lot more than they should have been.

Sad to see a loyal servant like Dawson slipping to the levels he's currently at.

I could definitely imagine him in a Sunderland shirt. Genuinely sad but he has to go. We just can't carry it any longer.

Sad to see a loyal servant like Dawson slipping to the levels he's currently at.

I could definitely imagine him in a Sunderland shirt. Genuinely sad but he has to go. We just can't carry it any longer.

Sad indeed, don't think he's good enough for the Premiership full stop. Not helped by below-average performances around him but even so...

You mean this lol
[vine]MmvEOigKbiU[/vine]

:oops:

Dawson has been a loyal Spurs stalwart over the years but I agree that he would probably be better suited to a club like Sunderland where he can ply his trade alongside other players who couldn't make the grade at the very top, such as O'Shea and Brown.

Lets be honest anyone who's been at our club that long and hasn't been poached isn't really good enough.

Squad player at best, but unfortunately, because we persist in relying on first/second choice CBs who are perennial fixtures on the treatment table (King, Kaboul) players who should be limited to the occasional cameo end up becoming the mainstay of the team.
Daws is a great lad, but he was almost sold last year. He's playing because Kaboul/Chiriches are injured and he simply isn't good enough for a top 4 team. Which is why we are 5th.

Fairly new poster! I was until the start of this season a big Dawson fan and would always defend him. It has to be said however that if does not have someone with pace next to him now he looks woeful. Him and verts with a high line is a disaster.

Michael Dawson makes Garth Crooks's Team of the Week

DEFENDER - Michael Dawson (Tottenham)

I think Michael Dawson has come to terms with a difficult season for Tottenham.

The change of manager mid-season didn't help, not to mention an unsettled back four.

Tim Sherwood has stood by the Spurs captain and I think he's repaid that loyalty with some sterling displays.

He was steady as a rock against a tricky Cardiff side in the 1-0 win at White Hart Lane and it's good to have him in my team again.

Did you know?

Michael Dawson has kept 11 clean sheets this season; Per Mertesacker (12) is the only defender with more.

Team of the Week

Fairly new poster! I was until the start of this season a big Dawson fan and would always defend him. It has to be said however that if does not have someone with pace next to him now he looks woeful. Him and verts with a high line is a disaster.

High line with no one pressing opposition in midfield is a disaster, that's the issue.

As others have mentioned, Dawson is a great squad player, challenge is he is too often 1st choice due to injuries.

Never been a massive fan of Daws. He seems to lack the power of some Center Backs. But damn, we need to give him his due respect. He's bleed White and Blue. His intelligence and determination more than makes up for his lack of pace and power. This season we've had two inexperienced managers and Daws has pulled us through. Without him we'd have been royally screwed. He's a more senior player and thank fucck we didn't sell him. Only let him go if we have a very strong replacement.

So anyone know why Dawson hasn't even been on the bench in the last two games?
Since the Liverpool game in fact...when there were rumours of dressing room bust-ups...8-[

Back